PDA

View Full Version : A Small Question (probably spoilers)

Strider
05-01-2003, 09:39 AM
Yeah, uh, I've been meaning to ask this for some time, but I just keep forgetting. . .

After you've done all the stuff you need to and start the sub-quests, what exactly is Gaspar referring to when he says "One of you is close to someone that needs help. Find this person. . .fast. . ." or something like that? I've been able to figure out all the rest, but I've beaten the game a few times without ever figuring out what he meant.

Spatvark
05-01-2003, 09:48 AM
He's talking about Queen Zeal. There will be no arguments over this fact since I KNOW this to be the truth. Jus ttrust me on this; it's Queen Zeal, not Lucca's mum, Lara.

Strider
05-01-2003, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I didn't figure it to be. How is that, though? That was really freaking vague.

Killy
05-01-2003, 09:49 PM
I always do all the other sidequests before doind the Black Omen, and this is what he says before I do it. Since it cant be anyone else, it has to be her.

crono_logical
05-02-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by StriderX284
Yeah, I didn't figure it to be. How is that, though? That was really freaking vague. I think it's in reference to Magus - not sure if he says that if you don't recruit him though :p

edczxcvbnm
05-02-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by crono_logical
I think it's in reference to Magus - not sure if he says that if you don't recruit him though :p

He says it no matter what. Believe me...I know. I hate that damn Magus. He isn't a team player :hot:

Anyways it is queen Zeal. The lucca thing is part of the dessert side quest.

Strider
05-02-2003, 07:46 AM
Oh yeah, I know what all the rest of the side quests are. Marle and the Rainbow Shell, Lucca and the Sunken Desert, blah blah blah. . . I was just never able to figure out what he meant by that.

But yeah, I blew through the Black Omen and he says somethin' different now. That's just fine with me, all y'all answered my question. Muchas gracias.

Dignified Pauper
05-02-2003, 12:34 PM
P

O

S

S

I

B

L

E

U N M A R K E D S P O I L E R S

I always thought it referred to Schala after playing CC...

And even before then, I still thought it referred to her, the way they said someone "close to you". Queen Zeal was an enemy, but then again he was also Magus'/janus' mother. But if magus/janus isn't in the party, it still says the same thing, so i think its Schala Kid Zeal

Spatvark
05-02-2003, 05:13 PM
It couldn't be referring to Schala now, could it? If you do the Black Omen sidequest first and take teh gate inside of Lavos back to the End of Time and talk to Gaspar, he says, and I QUOTE:

"That poor woman can finally rest, now that the Black Omen is gone.

She's reverted back to a human..."

Now, that DEFINITELY can't be Schala since she merges with a Lavos Spawn to become the Time Devourer; 'tis hardly human!

CombatReady
05-03-2003, 08:14 PM
Ya know what? For a while, I wasn't too sure what Gaspar meant when he said that either.

I eventually figured that he must have been referring to Queen Zeal though. However, if ya think about it, he may have been referring to Schala. But Purg is right, that thing is hardly human.

***POSS SPOILER***

Although, wasn't Schala kinda encased in something, knid of on top of the Lavos Spawn? I dunno. Looks like I'm gonna have to play through CC again..... Right after I bear Xenosaga... lol.