PDA

View Full Version : What's the best FF?

thelynchpin
05-01-2003, 12:36 PM
Seein as I'm not allowed to put FF7 down in the FF7 chat, FF8 in the FF8 chat etc. etc. etc. I just wondered for those who play the Final Fantasies, which do they think is the best? There are some polls goin around in the respective chat forums but they're all biased because FF7 wins in the FF7 forum, FF8 in the FF8 forum ,etc. so I thought this would be the fairest way.

Personally, I think FF7's the best, FF8 was ok, FF9 was a waste of time, and FF10 was good the first time through but the mini games are virtually non-existent with the exception of blitzball. I also played FF6 which is actually pretty good, although it's annoying in the sense that you can only travel sideways or upwards, and every few steps there's a fight.

Anyway, I'm not including a poll thingy in the thread, but I'd be interested if people replied what they think is the best one and why. Thanks :)

Rostum
05-01-2003, 12:50 PM
Well, maybe if this was moved to general ff forum, it'd be a better spot ;)

and secondly, i dont have a fav, they are all cool to me...

Iori
05-01-2003, 05:20 PM
How dare you say FFIX was a waste of time...... I fart in your general direction... Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!!!:D

Besides, arent there like 12 other "whats your favorite FF game" threads?

Psychotic
05-01-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by thelynchpin
Seein as I'm not allowed to put down....FF8 in the FF8 chat

Oh you are so wrong. All you get is backlash from fanboys (and some non-fanboys too) saying how naughty you are.

Then you tell them it is a place to discuss Final Fantasy VIII, not dance around screeching I love Rinoa and they are quiet.

By the way, FFVII = best imo.

muchacho
05-02-2003, 10:46 PM
i dont have a favorit. but i will tell you the ones i liked:
i have 1 and 2 but i havent played them enogh

note: this is going to be another 7 vs 8 threads

Prodigy
05-09-2003, 01:59 PM
I used to hold 7 as my favourite, but now I'm slightly leaning towards 8. So 8, with 7 in a very close 2nd.

Nimrook
05-09-2003, 11:58 PM
Ive played FF5-10, and I'd say FF8 is my favourite. At the time I was playing FF5 I considered that to be almost as good as FF8, but I think that's just because I was enjoying the game so much at the time, it's not really so great, but I still liked it. FF7 and FF9 were good. I haven't quite completed FF10 yet, but that's the only one that could possibly overtake FF8 as my favourite; I'll have to wait until I complete it though before I make a final judgement. :)

Big D
05-10-2003, 02:34 AM
I've played IV to IX, liked 'em all, liked VII just that little bit more, though.

Kurohime
05-10-2003, 03:26 AM
The only one I haven't played is FF3, and I like them all. My least favorite at the moment is probably FF5, and my most favorite has been and probably always will be FF9.

Everything about Final Fantasy 9 appealed to me. From the weird characters with tails (heeheehee) to the romance and the philosophies... it's just one of those things that, when I first picked up the game, it was more out of curiosity. I didn't know if I'd like it or not, but I'd wanted to play it. INSTA-LOVE!

No other FF game had the same sort of "Oo, wow!" (Or "Ooo, soft!") feeling for me. So, for me, FF9.

And that, as they say, is that! ^_^

Strider
05-10-2003, 03:59 AM
FFVI, duh.

remi07
05-10-2003, 05:15 PM
I've played VII, VIII, IX, X, And I & II. My all time fav is VII. The Story was the best to me, and the characters were the best. The story is gonna stick in my head for the rest of my life. VIII is pretty good too, I didn't get to far in IX but it wasn't bad, didn't care to much for X, and I HATED I and II.

Rye
05-10-2003, 06:06 PM
FFX

Hey I'm the first person who said they liked FFX the best! I liked the FF's in this order...

FFX,FF8,FF9,FF7. I might like FF7 more but I haven't played enough @.@

PhoenixAsh
05-10-2003, 06:15 PM
FFVII, with the only real contender being VIII.
VI was great, really great, but nothing was really that memorable for me, need to play it again.
IX was just dull, it took no thinking or skill at all you just went along with it having no real control.
X should have been great, but instead of taking advantage of the technology they just made everything that had been great, got rid of it and replaced it with good graphics. Mini-games were torture, and having an underwater game and making it 2D just highlighted how little care was taken over gameplay. I don't care how windy a path is, if it's a foot wide it's gonna be dull whatever you do.

Storm
05-12-2003, 05:18 AM
Final Fantasy IV was the first one I ever played, so it holds a little bit more value to me. I loved almost everything about that game. The Lunar Subteranean is the best final dungeon of all the FF games.

Calvin
05-12-2003, 07:05 AM
My favorite is the one with Cid in it. ;)

Lexy
05-12-2003, 07:17 AM
lol, good point up there, Psychotic (the FFVIII thing!)

My favorite is III...I would rather re-play that one than any other FF! It was perfectly fun and challenging and interesting. Also, the world was by far my favorite FF world. The story was sweet, too...

Also, the lunar subterrain in IV was awesome! I agree!