PDA

View Full Version : what should i do, ppl

Iori
05-01-2003, 05:12 PM
i am stuck on all 3 of my FF games... Tactics, 8, and 9.....

Tactics - Barius Hill - damn those summoners

FFVIII - Cerebrus, of disc 2 - damn tripple!!!!

FFIX - The Grotto, on disc 1 - DAMN MIGHT!!!

So im not really stuck, just i dunno which FF game to play... someone respond quick, cause i cant act without this suggestion

by the way, my AIM screenname is the same as this one,

Vevictis Asmadi

Psychotic
05-01-2003, 07:06 PM
Get a noose, tie it around your neck, tie the other end to some strong structure which is a ways off the ground, and jump off said structure.

Oh, you wanted REAL advice? Dispel Triple on Cerebus. If you no have any, then use Carbuncle. If no Carbuncle, start again! Get Reflect from the tripod type things when you're in Lunatic Pandora as Laguna. And no, starting again is not a problem. I started again at the start of Disc 4 because I just wanted to progress the story and then get goodies, but once you get to disc 4, there's no way out soI restarted, and well, I didn't die once. I didn't die the previous time either, come to think about it!

FFIX? go to www.gamefaqs.com and search Final Fantasy IX and click FAQs. I imagine you should do the same for Tactics, I wouldn't know as Square doesn't want to release it here.

Fight until the end, my friend. Remember, quitters never win and winners never quit. Good Luck! :)

HOOTERS
05-02-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Psychotic
Remember, quitters never win and winners never quit. Good Luck! :)

Then who the hell came up with quit while you're ahead?!?!

IamTidus
05-02-2003, 02:08 AM
A loser who never won Ya Know?

Iori
05-02-2003, 02:59 AM
heh heh... thanks for the advice.. i think ill finish tactics... then 9... then 8... or maybe 8 first...but tactics first... time to kick ass :D

Bahamut2000X
05-02-2003, 03:08 AM
Well there's always pong. It's awesome cause you can't get stuck in it ever.

HOOTERS
05-02-2003, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Bahamut2000X
Well there's always pong. It's awesome cause you can't get stuck in it ever.

Too bad it sucks.

Iori
05-02-2003, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Hootenanny
Too bad it sucks.

errr?? pong is of the heezie for sheezie, beezie.... my neezle... for shizzle up in the hizzle... its the big neptizzle... sizzle......crizzle?

IamTidus
05-02-2003, 06:27 AM
I need a translation Ya Know?

Bahamut2000X
05-02-2003, 11:56 AM
I beleive that he said...errr?? pong is of the heezie for sheezie, beezie.... my neezle... for shizzle up in the hizzle... its the big neptizzle... sizzle......crizzle?

Too bad it sucks.

PONG HATER! DIEEEE HEATHEN!!! *pokes*

Psychotic
05-02-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by IamTidus
I need a translation Ya Know?

Originally posted by IamTidus
A loser who never won Ya Know?

You should seriously change your screen name to "IamRaijin"

anyway

Originally posted by Hootenanny
Then who the hell came up with quit while you're ahead?!?!

They mean different things.
ie, don't give up until you are the bestest person ever, and when you are, give up!

Iori
05-03-2003, 01:21 AM

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!! "were with seifer, ya know?"

Calvin
05-03-2003, 11:25 AM
Well, in case you haven't already gotten past Barius Hill......the most obvious solution would be to get into some random battles and level everyone up. And just focus on getting rid of those summoners. Also, it would be a good idea to keep your party spaced out so that they all don't get hit with a Ramuh attack or anything. But one of my favorite things to do is to cast Silf on them so they're silenced and therefore completely useless.

PhoenixAsh
05-04-2003, 11:49 PM
FFVIII, use draw and if you can't work it out yet, auto-junction. If I remember correctly float works well too, but it's a long time since I really used magic on FFVIII. Keep Squall on low health and use Renzokuken for easy wins though.

FFIX, do the Chocobo Forest side quest, and level up around that forest too. Actually not sure how useful the quest is before you get through the Grotto, but it's worth starting. If you haven't already, get Quina and learn a lot of it's blue magic. Keep well stocked up on items.

Haven't played tactics, so recommend spending the time you would completing that going out and finding a copy of FFVII.

Iori
05-06-2003, 06:13 AM
lol thanks.. will do... actually FFVII was next on my list, followed by FFX, and X-2 Wolverines Revenge... YES, THATS RIGHT, I SAID IT!!!!! X-2!!!! and im not talkin about FFX-2, im talkin Wolvie, mothafokka

IamTidus
05-06-2003, 07:09 AM

Maybe I will..........Maybe I will not? Anyway back to topic.

Finish the game you want to play most and like the most so far. Ya Know?

Calvin
05-06-2003, 09:03 AM
Completely off the subject, but who said that quote in your sig, IamTidus? Is it a Simpsons reference? It seems so familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it......man! This is gonna drive me crazy.

But back to the subject at hand......definitely go for FFVII. Because it's that great.

IamTidus
05-06-2003, 07:48 PM
I heard it like three years ago in a stand up act by Lewis Black. Trust me don't think about it too long or your head will explode. Ya Know?

DJZen
05-07-2003, 02:32 AM
What helped me with EVERY boss in FF8 was to write down their attacks, then prepare for the fight by junctioning accordingly. So for Cerberus, have all your characters junctioned so that they'll regenerate when hit with Cerberus's magic attacks. I think he uses quake and lightning, right? Anyway, just write down what he does, and when he kills you, go around drawing the spells you need to be optimally junctioned. That was one of the things I really liked about FF8, if a boss was giving you crap, you could just go re-arrange your stats at will without needing to level up.