PDA

View Full Version : Cid and Edea

remi07
05-02-2003, 01:58 AM
ok, i don't kno if this such a great topic but i thought it'd be interesting to see your opinions...

Dose any one else think that cid and edea are a little oddly matched? I don't really get why a woman like edea would marry an old fart like cid. and she seems alot younger then him (i guess that dosn't matter to much. My stepmom is 14 years younger then my dad).

Erdrick Holmes
05-02-2003, 02:02 AM
I would say not really.

Edea is a powerful sorceress who is smart and powerful. (Kinda hot too:love: )

Cid is a whiney little turd with no sholders and wins a Robi Williams look alike award.

IamTidus
05-02-2003, 02:06 AM
Maybe she shes she him as a real person who she gets along with. Ya Know?

StarChild
05-02-2003, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Akumaou812

Cid is a whiney little turd with no sholders and wins a Robi Williams look alike award.

just had to say that i completely agree with that. First time I played the game I thought I was seeing things.

Lucky Charms
05-02-2003, 06:04 AM
I definitely feel that they were matched real oddly.
Cid isn't a coward or anything though.
They both seem like the soft-spoken types.

Besimudo
05-02-2003, 06:39 AM
HAHAHA this is good,

So other people thought that Cid bore an uncanny resemblance to Robin Williams.

Spatvark
05-03-2003, 05:08 AM
except Robin Williams has some balls

Big D
05-03-2003, 08:39 AM
Cid spent nearly two decades raising teenagers to be cold-blooded mercenary killers, knowing that their ultimate purpose would be noble but possibly tragic for him - he knew they'd be facing a sorceress, even possibly his own wife. That takes some serious nuts. Cid and Edea are a couple with plenty in common but also a good few differences between them. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

remi07
05-10-2003, 04:33 PM
I agree with lucky charms they both seem like the soft spoken type, and maybe they have a lot in common. But i still think they look so wrong together.

Faris_the_guy
05-28-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by IamTidus
Maybe she shes she him as a real person who she gets along with. Ya Know?

You shpeak Dutch:p

IamTidus
05-28-2003, 01:45 AM
No I just can't type.

Night Angel
06-03-2003, 12:12 AM
I agree. The two of them compiment each other, but they just really look kinda...mismatched.

ShivaBlizzard8
06-03-2003, 01:49 AM
I think that was kind of the point - Square made it so that no one would have suspected that Cid and Edea would have had ANY connection, and least of all that they were married. I think that their looks helped to make this a more surprising twist in the game. Also, it goes along with the theme of love conquering all in the game, in that the emotions between two people are more important than looks, circumstance, or the opinions of anyone else.

Personally, I think they go very well together - they're both soft-spoken, as someone else mentioned, but they also obviously love kids and are dedicated to raising them, protecting them, and training them to become noble adults. It almost makes me wonder why they chose to have none of their own. Perhaps they felt there were already plenty of children who needed them.

Also, we must remember that Cid and Edea have been married for quite awhile, and, contrary to popular belief, they seem to me like they're about the same age - probably mid-forties. I just think Edea has aged well (her sorceress powers probably helped there ;)) and who knows? Cid may have been quite the looker twenty years ago.

Finally, about Cid being a wuss - I don't buy it. He obviously knows enough about fighting to train all these cadets. He quite possibly was a soldier at one point. The whole thing with Edea was a bad situation. I don't blame him for being distraught. From the very beginning of the game, Cid was already upset - Edea had already risen to power in Galbadia, and of course Cid knew who she was. He must have been in turmoil but was trying to keep it together and go about his business. Seeing things this in this perspective, his additude makes more sense. Cut the guy some slack! :p

remi07
06-03-2003, 08:32 PM
hmm...perhaps i was being a bit harsh on old Cid. You made some good points ShivaBlizzard8.

moonlight1711
06-04-2003, 03:45 AM
who knows?May be she married with him cos she really loved him!!!!When u love some one there no reason can explain!!!!And may be when he was young he was handsome ppl can change with time!!!!

Casey
06-06-2003, 01:40 AM
I always thought when they met each other, cid was younger as so was edea. Then edea recieved the sorceress powers and stopped age'in when cid kept going...Anyways you people are right when I first saw Cid he looked exactly like Robin Williams. An Edea is hot...