PDA

View Full Version : cant get ff 8 to work in winxp

Ly Ter
05-02-2003, 03:53 AM
Does anyone know how to get this game to work on windows xp? I d/l the patch and I know i meet the requirements but when I go to run it nothing happens. However if I hit ctrl-alt delete FF8.exe shows up as one of the processes. I have a celeron 1.2 ghz, 256mb ram, and an ati radeon 9000 pci card. Thanks for any help

JMcConnor
06-23-2003, 08:29 PM
Yeah...my FF8 doesn't work on XP either...every time it says 'Load Disc 1' I put disc 1 in, but it says it's the wrong disc.

Anyone know how to fix this?

James McConnor

Sapphire
06-23-2003, 09:01 PM
Wow and I thought it was something with my computer >< I'm thinking of trying to fiddle with the settings for the game.. like adjusting it to work as Windows98 instead when playing the game.. *isn't sure how to describe it actually* X_x

Silent Warrior
06-29-2003, 03:58 PM
Right-click executable, properties/advanced, compatibility mode. Yuh.

As for the CD not being recognized, it may not have to be OS-incompatibility behind it. Sniff out FF8 in your registry (regedit for the freshmen) and see what driveletter it wants to use. If you put the CD in another driveletter than the registry wants, modify.

DreamThtr
07-01-2003, 04:47 AM
Have you tried downloading the 1.2 patch?

I am using Win XP PRO SP1 and i could play the game fine, with and without the patch.

radeon9700pro
sound blaster live value
512 mb ram
2.8 ghz pentium4

Hellface
06-21-2004, 05:20 AM
I can't run the game either. When I start a new game I can watch the intro movie but then my system locks up. I've installed the geforce patch, tried all the compability modes and changed to 16bit color but it still won't work.

I know I reach the requirements.
3 Ghz pentium 4
geforce 4 Ti 4200
512 ram
Soundblaster Audigy
and windows xp home edition.

Any help at all would be great

Silent Warrior
06-28-2004, 04:37 PM
*My head hurts* Did you try going software-3D? The least spiffy sound-option? Mucking about with the sound hardware-acceleration?

Go and give nVidia's and Eidos' support-sections a good kick as well. Can't hurt.