PDA

View Full Version : i know whats missing

muchacho
05-03-2003, 04:33 AM
in ffVIII there was always something missing. i didnt know what, untill now. ffVIII didnt have the guy that curses alot. it didnt have the cid from ffVII. and another thing that i didnt like was cid(8) in that game. he was a wussy who ran from every thing.

please dont get me wrong i loved ff8 but there was something missing and i just thought of it right now.

Big D
05-03-2003, 08:41 AM
it didnt have the cid from ffVII.Well, that would've been quite difficult to explain in terms of the game's plot.

Your point?

Mo-Nercy
05-03-2003, 08:53 AM
I've always thought that Seifer and Biggs were the closest to being the swearing guy...

Rye
05-03-2003, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I didn't like FF8's cid. He was a coward. I dunno about FFVII's cid (i didn't get to that point yet) but he wasen't the funny player/frog cid of FF9 or the funny old cid from FFX. He was my least favorite cid.

Psychotic
05-03-2003, 03:21 PM
Zell(3 times!), the Prison Warden, NORG used the word B@st@rd (without the censorship) so... nyah!

remi07
05-03-2003, 04:36 PM
Zell cussed the most, but pretty much the only words he said were damn and hell.

DJZen
05-09-2003, 09:28 AM
one word: chickenwuss

razor248725
05-23-2003, 09:44 AM
there was a bit of swearing at the start of the game:

Zell: i'm getting pretty nervous
Seifer: better not piss your pants
Zell:bastard

also i can't remember what the conversation was but zell said friggin' hell once too...

Sin Harvest
05-23-2003, 10:01 AM
even squall to a point:eek:
shumi village,when your asked if you want to pay top draw to draw ultima, the no option is something like "no frickin way!!"

Burtsplurt
05-23-2003, 10:07 AM
Games don't have to have swearing in order to be good. Of course, that point doesn't apply to FFVIII, because it had very little swearing and wasn't very good. :)

I agree that they needed a "larger than life" character, though. Everyone seems to normal.

Sin Harvest
05-24-2003, 03:00 AM
and again when galbadia garden attacks you, one of the students says "dont kill me im not the enemy!!, those bastards came in"..ect

Garnet129
05-25-2003, 12:28 AM
Now, see, one of the reasons that I liked FF8 was because everyone was normal. It was easier to relate to than, say, a certain abandoned and adopted princess who is really a summoner from an ancient tribe, or a certain flower girl who was really the only living person on the planet who held this mystical power thingy that everyone wanted... *cough* :rolleyes2

But anyway, let me just say, where would we be without (as mentioned) chickenwuss and (not mentioned) SPOONY! Gotta give credit to FF4... "You spoony bard!" :D

And really, FF games don't need !@#$ every five seconds to be good...the occasional friggin' or frickin' or hell or bastard (etc, etc.) is fine by, at least, me. (But FF7 was pretty funny with Barret...hehe)

If it's about being funny, Zell is enough for that. For those of us who've finished FF8, the Zell scene at the end was quite funny... ;)

But either way, my point is that swearing isn't exactly necessary or a mark of a good game, but it can add to the comedy. Personally, I think that FF8 has just enough without overkilling it. And as far as FF8 'missing things', let's just remember that Square, although trying to implement traditional things like Cid and such, they are also trying to be original and new with their games. Having the same old lovable kind of Cid, or the same super-human hero, or the guy who swears too much all the time, in EVERY single game, would without a doubt, become boring. It doesn't take long for the novelty of something to wear off, and that's what Square is trying to avoid. :cool:

remi07
05-25-2003, 04:05 AM
Garnet129, I totally agree with you.

Sin Harvest
05-25-2003, 04:19 AM
i say, good show
well said indeed.

Garnet129
05-25-2003, 03:17 PM
Oh, thank you! :surprised

Night Angel
05-26-2003, 04:49 PM
I agree, cursings aren't nessisary, but both Barret and Cid from ffvii did add an element to the game that just helped to round off everything.

Anyways, everyone being in some semblence of normal really kinda made the game dull at many points.

the tortured one
05-27-2003, 12:12 AM
dont get me wrong ff8 is probably my favorite ff but im just saying that it should have had a little (key word) more curesing.

the tortured one
05-27-2003, 12:14 AM
oops im on my brothers s/n for this it should be muchacho marc saying that

Eiko Guy
03-27-2006, 06:34 AM
he didnt say he needed it he said that it was missing it

Qurange
03-27-2006, 04:37 PM
Wait, wait, Cid Kramer is a coward? I don't really see how that adds up. Have we played the same game? This is the man who was perfectly willing to try on his own to save the Garden in the missile attack, though he wasn't well-equipped (presumably; he might've had a gun) to do it; this is the man who actually ordered his 'children' to attack his wife, whom he clearly loved quite a bit. He's understated, sure, but I'd hardly call him a coward.

I didn't really miss the 'swears-a-lot' sort of character--they mostly did, when it was appropriate. They were more normal, like someone else said.

Pumpkin0
03-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Yea, Cid from FFvii was funny but like Garnet129 said, they've also got to be original. You can't have the same Cid character in every FF..

Fatal Impurity
03-27-2006, 06:35 PM
i think the cid in FF8 was different and had diginty and was ANOTHER kind of hero than the normal cids afterall like Quarange said he set up seed know full well what their objective would ultimately be so id sya that he is a brave guy albeit not in the traditional gung-ho sense

rubah
03-27-2006, 06:47 PM
FF8 was perfect three years ago and it is still perfect today.

eiko guy, please don't bring up threads that are this old ;)