PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite FF Cid? (maybe spoilers)

Rye
05-03-2003, 12:29 PM
Which cid was your favorite? I liked cid faboola (s/p) from FF9 the best. He was hillarious, especially his story about becoming a frog ^.^

Psychotic
05-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Lesee

FF2 Cid:This tight fisted @#Ł$%! makes me pay to use his airship, so no.
FF3 Cid:This guy stalked me and then lured me into a room full of treasure before miraculously bricking over the entrance, so no.
FF4 Cid:This guy is the best Cid. Why? KAMIKAZE!
FF5 Cid:I am wary of old men that wear pink, so no.
FF6 Cid:No, because he wore a yellow raincoat.Yes.
FF7 Cid:This one's my second favourite, I felt sorry for him when we saw The flashback of the rocket not launching
FF8 Cid:I don't like him, there's just something creepy about him
FF9 Cid:I Dislike Oglops.
FF10 Cid:Ugh.... Freak.

So FF4 Cid is the best imo

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-03-2003, 10:53 PM
Cid Highwind is the best for a number of very obvious reasons. Cid Pollendina comes pretty close, too. I guess it's natural that the playable ones are the best ones, though Cid Fabul is well-spoken enough (despite certain speech impediments) to be almost as appreciated.
Originally posted by Psychotic
FF3 Cid:This guy stalked me and then lured me into a room full of treasure before miraculously bricking over the entrance, so no.Face up when you get to the wall and press the confirm button. Every such passage in the game works that way. 'Tis hardly poor Cid's fault. He's a good kid.

muchacho
05-04-2003, 04:35 AM
cid ff7....%$@#*. he was the best. it was funny when he cursed alot, and he was a good guy in battle.
then i like ff4 cid. he was cool.

Pancaek
05-04-2003, 05:34 AM
A winner is Cid Highwind. Even though all the other Cids are immensely helpful at some point in the game, I tend to forget about them after that.

animee_
05-04-2003, 09:15 AM
Yep i would have to say Cid Highwind as well, he was pretty cool :D

Linus
05-04-2003, 04:11 PM
Cid Highwind wins easily. I like his weapon set, too.

Psychotic
05-04-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
Face up when you get to the wall and press the confirm button. Every such passage in the game works that way. 'Tis hardly poor Cid's fault. He's a good kid.

Oh I worked that out... AFTER TEN MINUTES!!!!! But I got my revenge on him, ohhhhhh yes. I made him jump out of his house, I kid thee not.

Sephiroth32
05-04-2003, 04:45 PM
ff7 cid > *

hes my role model :p

HOOTERS
05-04-2003, 05:17 PM
Cid Highwind.

FFIX's Cid was funny.

FFVIII's looked like Robin Williams but wasn't funny.

FFX's just sounded like some stereotypical US General.

FFVI's I can hardly remember because he wasn't in the game much.

Rye
05-04-2003, 05:21 PM
FFX's just sounded like some stereotypical US General.

xD!!! Yup he does ^.^ I can just imagine brother yelling "Sir, yes sir" in al bhed @.@

EveningCross
05-04-2003, 10:58 PM
I'm sorry but I've never had this explained to me. Does anyone know what Squaresoft's obsession with Cids is. I know that it's probably something obvious like Cid Johnson makes the games or something like that but I've never understood it and yet have always wondered.

Calvin
05-05-2003, 10:21 AM
Same here.......never really knew what the Cid reference was in all the games. It also took me a while to figure out the Biggs and Wedge reference, but I finally got it when I decided to watch the entire Star Wars trilogy in one sitting. Man that was rough.

Big D
05-05-2003, 10:31 AM
Cid Highwind is a comic genius, but also a genuinely intelligent character. Nice mix of inner conflicts, hopes and dreams.

Also, he has the Limit Break "Dynamite", which is cooler than anything else ever. I mean, he grabs a stick of dynamite out of his jacket, lights it on his cigarette, then biffs it at the enemy. Reckless, feckless, but quite deadly.

Mattokenzi
05-07-2003, 04:11 PM
this one is a hard one

2: no I got to pay the man
3: not played
4: so-so
5: pink coat? no
6: he is OK
7: haven't played for a long time he is ok
8: not played
9: my game broke
10: yes he is alright

EvenAngelsFall
05-07-2003, 07:25 PM
Cid Highwind From Final Fantasy 7, Maily cause of his anger and his swearing, but deep down he cares...lol

~EvenAngelsFall

Brian The Pink Shark
05-07-2003, 09:04 PM
Cid in FF7 is the best because he has a Rocket, awee plane and An airship, what else could you want except eternal life/damnation

Flying Mullet
05-07-2003, 09:32 PM
Cid from FFIV. A grumpy old man that doesn't take poo from anybody.

zacks_clone
05-08-2003, 01:54 AM
Cid Highwind wins by popular vote(and hes got mine).

Biggs and Wedge?!I had watched all the starwars orginals befor i got my first ff,ff7,and i knew right away where they had come from.Cid...well..i have no idea.Maybe because : CIDS ROX!(;))

Rye
05-08-2003, 09:27 PM
Doesn't anyone like cid fabool the most, besides me? Lol I'd probably like Cid Highwind more but I haven't gotten to him yet @.@

Rude
05-08-2003, 11:33 PM
Cid from FFIV for having the greatest beard in FF history.

BoyFromBalamb
05-09-2003, 02:35 AM
Cid Highwind by far. He made my laugh very hard during a certain part in the game.

Done to the best of my memory:
(Inspirational music playing)
Cid: Maybe you're right. But I came up with something different. I always thought this planet was so huge. But lookin' at it from space, I realized it's so small. We're just floatin' in the dark. ......kind of makes you feel powerless. On top of that it's got Sephiroth festerin' inside it like a sickness. That's why I say this planet's still a kid. A little kid sick and trembling in the middle of this huge universe. Someone's gotta protect it. Ya follow me? That someone is us.

Tifa: Cid... that's beautiful.

Barret: Yo! Cid! You even got to me! Do, now what? How're we gonna protect the planet from Meteor?

(Music suddenly stops, Cid sits down)

Cid: ...............I'm still thinkin' about that.

http://www.caljus.com/users/mushemush/Images/Emoticons/Rotf.gif

Storm
05-09-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Calvin
It also took me a while to figure out the Biggs and Wedge reference, but I finally got it when I decided to watch the entire Star Wars trilogy in one sitting. Man that was rough.

Ah ha ha

I've tried to sit through the original trilogy many times. I have never made it past Empire Strikes Back. I think I have always given up watching it after the battle at Hoth. Watching that trilogy in a sitting is almost harder than attending three of my engineering lectures in a row(especially when all three lectures are in the same room).

As for Cid, it's tough to say. Cid from FF4 and FF7 are great because they are so loud and rude, but I love Cid's line from FFX "The final showdown with Sin. I say let's get this show on the road!". I repeat this phrase all the time at work, and add a "woooo" to the end of it. Needless to say, people think I am insane.

Lexy
05-09-2003, 07:46 AM
lol I am playing through III again now and just made him jump out of his house the other day! Yeah, it's how I get my kicks. Also, not to be a conformer, but I would say Cid Highwind was the best, as I very much enjoyed using him in battle. :choc:

Strider
05-09-2003, 08:12 AM
ff7 cid > *

hes my role model

That should be "He's my @#$^%!# role model."

Anyway, I haven't played all of 'em, so I'll have to go with FFVI Cid by default. That's the only one I've played the whole way through.

DJZen
05-09-2003, 08:58 AM
I agree, FFIV Cid has a great beard....... :love:

He's also just crazy, which is awesome. Too bad he sucks in battle...

Sephex
05-09-2003, 09:04 AM
I liked the one who dealt with machinery and airships.

TheLadySummoner_Yuna
05-18-2003, 02:38 PM
Cid Highwind ^.^

Bahamut2000X
05-18-2003, 02:41 PM
FFII Cid was awesome cause he was the first ever. Also FFIV's Cid was cool too. Then FFVII's Cid was the coolest.

Dark Knight2003
05-18-2003, 05:58 PM
Cid highwind definelty gets my voite..I mean come on who doesnt like the HIGHWIND? Its fast gets u through the map in seconds no to mention hes super strong in battle espcially withis his ultimate weapon and 2Xcut...not to mention he is quite the comedian

Ravin
07-28-2004, 06:36 PM
Lesee

FF2 Cid:This tight fisted @#Ł$%! makes me pay to use his airship, so no.
FF3 Cid:This guy stalked me and then lured me into a room full of treasure before miraculously bricking over the entrance, so no.
FF4 Cid:This guy is the best Cid. Why? KAMIKAZE!
FF5 Cid:I am wary of old men that wear pink, so no.
FF6 Cid:No, because he wore a yellow raincoat.Yes.
FF7 Cid:This one's my second favourite, I felt sorry for him when we saw The flashback of the rocket not launching
FF8 Cid:I don't like him, there's just something creepy about him
FF9 Cid:I Dislike Oglops.
FF10 Cid:Ugh.... Freak.

So FF4 Cid is the best imo

I think I know why you think Cid: FFVIII is creepy....he kinda looks like Robin Williams.

My favorite FF Cid of all time is Cid Highwind from FFVII. He was just so damn funny.(especially when he argues with Barret) And because he stole the bad ass airship from Shin Ra.

dman
07-30-2004, 01:17 PM
7's and 4's - same reasons as above posts

I like 4's a bit better.

Dragoon Kain
07-30-2004, 06:07 PM
i like cid highwind the most. hes just so awesome and funny. and shares the same last name as the best character ever made :D :) and cid from 4 is awesome too.

escobert
07-30-2004, 06:20 PM
Cid Highwind.

JseanjohnC
07-30-2004, 06:33 PM
FINAL FANTASY 7 CID HIGHWIND! a playable character...stands out...tough :p

Del Murder
08-02-2004, 01:05 AM
Please don't post in threads from last year. This topic comes up fairly frequently.