PDA

View Full Version : re-playability???

diablos uNo
05-03-2003, 12:44 PM
although ff8 aint great to play a 2nd,3rd,,,,98th,99th time i still must a played it bout 7 or 8 times

how many times have all yous played it??

what would ya do to make it more replayable???

HOOTERS
05-03-2003, 01:15 PM
I'm playing it for the third time. The first time I finished it, the second time I got up to the part where you first visit Galbadia Garden and now I'm up to that spot again and I'm beginning to lose interest.

Yeah so to give the game some more replayability I'd probably have more exciting stuff happen after you first leave Timber.

diablos uNo
05-03-2003, 01:20 PM
i hate the bit were you gotta climb up an down 'n up and down stairs in prison really annoyin and i also dont like listenin to th three hour orphanage story in trabia garden

IamTidus
05-04-2003, 01:00 AM
213,249,813,489 Times. Ya Know?

muchacho
05-04-2003, 04:11 AM
some parts are really boring if you have already beaten the game once. for example: the three hour orphanage story in trabia garden, the part on the space ship where rinoa and sqaull are alone, the damn perison, doing the shimi sidequest, ect ect ect

Prodigy
05-04-2003, 11:55 AM
Actually I think it's great going through it again.

I've been through it 3 full times and still feel like I'll be happy to go through it again in another 6 months time.

The thing is you have to forget most of it otherwise it's like all RPGs the 2nd time through - predictable and sometimes tedius.

The only bit I didn't really like was the Prison thing but next time I'll just make sure I've got enc-none learned early on.

CombatReady
05-04-2003, 07:48 PM
I loved FFVIII the second time through. I knew what to watch out for and what skills I should learn early on. That made it kinda fun. But I do have to agree about having to forget most of the storyline in order to play through an RPG again.

Skogs
05-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Only twice... actually maybe only once... no. It was twice. Maybe three... *shrugs*. My Final Fantasy replays go like so:

FFIV - 1
FFV - never finished
FFVI - many, many
FFVII - many, but not as many as FFVI
FFVIII - 2 or 3
FFIX - 1
FFX - 1

Blackmage
05-05-2003, 03:26 PM
I'm currently working on my fourth time through. This time, I'm striving to keep my level below 20 'til Disc 4.

Linus J
05-06-2003, 05:15 PM
played it once, and on the second time through it was too easy and even though it was something like 2 years apart the playthroughs I knew the plot too well.

s[H]sIkuA
05-08-2003, 08:41 AM
Many times , my fav replayability FF :)

the 1st time , didnt finish ..crash on d2 when jumping into galbadia garden

2nd time finish it

3rd time with all char level below 20 to get stat boost

4th same but find all the secret (not all of course)

5th default lvl WoHOo

6th Squall's Lionheart (yeah thats so cool )

7th get super doopa Stat

8th Zell Armageddon Fist / Grand Calamity Symphony

9th Rinoa Angel Wing - Meteor Destruction :D

10th Forget

26th Didnt play for about 1 1/2 year ,start all over again

Pheww

DanteColdAndKicking
05-08-2003, 09:13 AM
I've played and finished ff8 about 30 times... what can i say. i absolutely loved it and i know every square inch of it. the only thing i havent done is collect every card. i could have done it long ago but i have absolutely no patience when it comes to the card game. dont get me wrong. the card game was sweet... but with all rules going at once... i've been through about 5 different controlers just becuase of the ff8 card game.

m4tt
05-08-2003, 11:49 PM
I still haven't even finished my first time through, and I started 2 years ago. :rolleyes2

Shlup
05-09-2003, 01:22 AM
I played it once all the way through, but there are a couple of parts that I've played a few times from different save states. For some reason I think the end battle is really fun, so I've played it probably about seven times or something.

crono_logical
05-09-2003, 02:30 AM
I'll make myself replay it some day, if only as a check to make sure the CD images are ok before burning it off the HD :p Assuming you can call it a replay - I've only played the PC version before, not the PSX one, so I won't have that chocobo minigame thing this ime round so no Mog GF Ability, which was nice :p

Nimrook
05-09-2003, 11:49 PM
I've played through FF8 more than any other FF game, and I've always considered it my favourite, so yeah I think it's pretty replayable. ;) I restarted it like 5 times ebfore I finally completed it the first time, and since then I've played through the game at least 6-7 more times, and started countless more playthroughs that never got finished. I haven't played it for ages now though, I think I've kinda got broed of it. :p

BG-57
05-13-2003, 03:23 PM
I've played it three times. Once for the plot, second to get everything and the third time to get the stupid Angelo card (I missed both chances to get it the second time!). The card quest is the most time consuming subquest and a pain but it is worth it in the end to be able to scroll through the collection and see every one! I tried to eliminate the 'random' rule by systematically moving between towns.

Boko Mog
05-14-2003, 03:22 AM
I've played through it once. Maybe I will play through it again, but I don't know - can't say I like the game.

Peegee
05-14-2003, 09:13 AM
I can't bear to go through disc 1 all over again. Re-playability value: 0

muchacho
05-14-2003, 08:10 PM
dangit....... now from all of this talk about re-palyiblity it makes me want to play it.

Sephex
05-14-2003, 08:15 PM
I played through it once. I have tried to play through it again but I just can't.

quistis
05-16-2003, 02:59 PM
well i've started i agiain again and AGAIN about 7 times or MORE:( in about three years im 13 and still ahvent finished it:mad:

Lexy
05-17-2003, 04:44 PM
I liked FFVIII A LOT, but replaying it seems scary to me...I think I probably will do it someday, but there are some tedious parts that I won't be looking forward to! :mog:

Burtsplurt
05-17-2003, 05:18 PM
Once, technically. The first time I payed it my memory card became corrupted. I was on the third disc, but then I had to replay it again, just to find out the ending.

I've never felt remotely tempted to replay it.

Casey
05-19-2003, 05:25 AM
Erm I think I played the damn thing 10 or so times. To make the replaybility better, get computer version and hack around with it.