PDA

View Full Version : Game Freeze

burdfreak
05-03-2003, 02:33 PM
In the attack on Galbadia Garden my game always freezes on the jetpack FMV. Can anyone offer any help as to how to gat round this?

diablos uNo
05-03-2003, 04:39 PM
sounds like ya discs scratched

i had the same problem on the first FMV when i wanted to start a new game so i had to go out and buy it again

try cleanin ya disc or buy a disc cleaner i heard vinegar supposed to be good for cleanin cd's

good luck

skatehippie
05-03-2003, 08:43 PM
Mine freezes at the EXACT same part...during that jetpack thing. Well, after cleaning my cd and trying it over and over again (which got annoying) it finally played through the fmv...just be patient and if it still doesnt work then replace the cd.

muchacho
05-04-2003, 04:26 AM
i had the worst trouble with ff8. i have bought the game 3 times. the 1st time i bought it used (bad mistake) at the end of the 1st disc it froze at the scene when sqaull and irvene were sneaking into the mansion. then i bought a disc docter and fixed it. then on the 2nd disc of the used cd, the part where sqaull was going into the basement of balamb, i tried to disc docter it, but it was no use. i had to buy another one. the 2nd ff8 i bought was a defect and the cd was messed up, it had burn marks(i bought it bran new). the 3rd ff8 (if it didnt work this time i was going to give up) i bought worked(hey 3rd times a charm). so in all i spent about 80$. heres what i spent it all on: 2 ff8 games 40$, the disc docter 30$, and the guide 10$(give or take). so thats about 80 dollars.

Misfit
05-06-2003, 08:55 AM
Ar, mine always froze when Irvine's intro FMV came into play. >.<;

Faris_the_guy
05-23-2003, 10:40 PM
Mine never freezes, I take good care of my games. After I'm done, I put it back in the case :p