PDA

View Full Version : The Second Time Through!!!

Yunie07
05-03-2003, 06:46 PM
ok so, I played ffx, and beat it... ofcourse... but... now that I have played it a second time through, It seems like it got harder! It really sucks, because I'm stuck near the beginning! Does anyone have any stratigies for me to use? Thanks so much! :cry:

Cyan_Lightning
05-03-2003, 10:47 PM
Well, there are a few reasons why this might be. Firstly, have you levelled up enough? Seen as it's your second time through, you might have rushed through certain areas as you already knew the exit, and wanted to move on with the story - thus not levelling up as much as you did the first time. If this is the case then I recommend, as tedious as it may be, spending sometime levelling up in the area you're in.

Another reason, only really feasible if you selected the advanced sphere grid, is that you sent characters off their default path - for example you decided to make Tidus a white mage - which left the party unbalanced and weak in some areas. A solution for this is to find out the weaknesses, say a lack of Time Magic, i.e. Haste, and sort out a way to rectify this, by perhaps having a member divert from their path to learn the necessary abilities. You'll need to spend some time levelling up to do this, but it would help.

A further problem could be that you only had select members partaking in battle i.e you only used Yuna when you needed to heal etc. This would have left some characters less developed than others. Make sure that every character takes at least one turn in battle - re-equpping a weapon or armour mid-battle counts, and it has extremely fast recovery time. Also, make sure Yuna levels up as her aeons are very important.

If none of this helps then www.gamefaqs.com/ has some very good strategy guides which should help you.

Yunie07
05-05-2003, 12:51 AM
Thank you for your advice. It really helped, and I beat the game again. I appreciate you taking time to help. Thanks alot :choc: :D

~Laura ;)

Calvin
05-05-2003, 07:10 AM
Wait a minute.....are you saying that between the time you posted yesterday and the time you posted today, you beat the entire game?

Misfit
05-06-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Yunie07
Thank you for your advice. It really helped, and I beat the game again. I appreciate you taking time to help. Thanks alot :choc: :D

~Laura ;)
*Cough* You must've played non-stop. o.o; Breathe alittle, eh?

Yunie07
05-06-2003, 11:06 PM
lol no i didnt breath! haha! :-P lol... thats all i had been doing plus i stayed home :D

Auron_Kotetsu
05-08-2003, 05:55 PM
wait.... is this craziness for the PC version or something? advanced sphere grid? i know not of what you speak! please clarify...
(i've only played the PS2 american version, so if this is something other than that, i'm just ignorant.)

Psychotic
05-08-2003, 07:56 PM
No, it isn't PC.

Advanced Sphere Grid is an option you can choose at the start of the game, depending on whether or not you think you are a moron.

Auron_Kotetsu
05-09-2003, 12:57 PM
pardon my stupidity, but how does one select this "option" at the start of the game? this surprises me, because i've played it through 3 times now, and i haven't noticed this. where is it?

Psychotic
05-09-2003, 06:54 PM
I think it's when you select a new game, the next option is which Sphere Grid you want

crono_logical
05-09-2003, 07:32 PM
The American version doesn't have the Advanced Sphere grid, because most American gamers would find it too hard :D

Actually, it's like the Dark Aeons, International version gets it, whilst they didn't exist in the American version :p

I found the game easier on the Advanced grid myself, due to the extra flexibility in moving about :p

Auron_Kotetsu
05-10-2003, 12:34 AM
yeah... i figured as much... seems more and more like i'm going to have to shell out another 50 on ebay for the international version, to play the actual game...

this is reason #538 why i'm ashamed to be an american, right in between American Idol and the popularity of AOL-talk (u kn0 wut i'm 74wkin 4b0ut)

*vomits*

crono_logical
05-10-2003, 04:53 AM
Oh, we have Pop Idol over here too - it also sucks :p

kieran
05-21-2003, 09:12 PM
you may b stuck because u feel you know where 2 go and so ur missing stuff u need. it happened to me.