PDA

View Full Version : I just wanna say...

Sephiroth32
05-04-2003, 02:58 AM
I just wanted to compliment you all on this great forum. It baffles me thinking about how you can have a forum with 5000 members and keep it so clean and mature. Most of the forums I go to have alot of trouble with just 500 or 1000.

This is also among the nicest forums I have been to. Alot of forums basicaly either brush newbies away or give them crap even if they are experienced with message boards but happen to be new to yours. I didn't get any of that stuff here (with the exception of a certain someone who informed me he was having a mood swing :p).

Also since this is a feedback form I thought I'de share some of my suggestions :). First off, I think some elements of your style are unique and make life eassier, but I also think that it needs some major brushing up. Some parts of it (basicaly just forumhome) look somewhat kidsloppy in some places. An example of this is the "info? box at the bottom, when someone is not logged in (do not take offence to this) it is really painful to look at.

Anyways that's my feedback :). lates.

Yamaneko
05-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Wow, we don't see too many new members posting in the feedback forum, I like this.

Anyways. I like how things are here. No need for change; that's what I think at least.:)

Big Ogre Umaro
05-04-2003, 06:28 AM
Change is good. =P How could there be so many people in one message board so against changing anything?

Leeza
05-04-2003, 08:59 AM
<i>It baffles me thinking about how you can have a forum with 5000 members and keep it so clean and mature.</i> - Sephiroth32

Because we resist change. :) Don't ask me to explain how that works because I don't think that I can.

Thank you for the nice compliments about EoFF, but I really think that the forum home looks pretty good the way it is.

Del Murder
05-04-2003, 09:20 AM
Sephiroth32 has a point. Readding the Del Murder Forum would really spruce up the place. Good idea Sephiroth32.

Leeza
05-04-2003, 09:35 AM
Oh, well he didn't mention <i>that</i> change because I might have agreed with him on that one.

Loony BoB
05-04-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Sephiroth32
An example of this is the "info? box at the bottom, when someone is not logged in (do not take offence to this) it is really painful to look at.
Which makes registering all the more worthwhile.

Heath
05-04-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Del Murder
Sephiroth32 has a point. Readding the Del Murder Forum would really spruce up the place. Good idea Sephiroth32.
I agree.

Dr Unne
05-04-2003, 06:07 PM
Sephiroth32 is right about the Info thing. If you just took out that extra BR or whatever it is that's displayed at the bottom of the table when everyone is logged out, it'd probably look OK. But I'm not losing any sleep over it.

crono_logical
05-04-2003, 10:41 PM
Isn't that there by default in vBulletins anyway? Can't be that big a deal then :p

Dr Unne
05-05-2003, 02:20 AM
I think by default it was at the top. I remember Sean and I moving all that crap around all the time.

Ah darn it. Nostalgia attack. :(

eestlinc
05-05-2003, 09:21 AM
aww Unne x Sean :D

we may have 5000 registered members but we locked all the misbehaving ones in Wyllius's closet for future experimentation. There's only a few hundred remaining members that can actually be found.

Big D
05-05-2003, 10:39 AM
Doesn't it waste an awful ot of space to save all those unused profiles? Do the site staff or whoever occasionally go through and 'prune' anyone who hasn't posted for years, or who has made it clear that they've left for good? Just curious.
I mean, there may be over five and a half thousand registered users, but the vast majority haven't posted in a long while.

Loony BoB
05-05-2003, 10:40 AM
Shlup cleaned out another 280 or so of them just last week, if I remember rightly.

EDIT: If we wanted to save space, it would be done via attachments, really. The only reason we delete old accounts is so the names get freed up.

Shlup
05-06-2003, 05:24 AM
Yeah, I deleted over 280 members last week, which isn't saying much. I could delete a lot more at a time but then I'd feel bad.

Thanks for the comments, Seph. I'll tell BOU to get crackin'.