PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm

Erdrick Holmes
05-04-2003, 05:19 AM
I noticed that every FF is an alternate universe from each one (exapt for 1-3 for the NES i think) I would always think that the next FF would continue where the last one left off but thats impossible concidering the way some of the FFs end. Do you ever think that Square could have just given each FF a different title other thant Fianl Fantasy or would FF stick better?

Pancaek
05-04-2003, 05:28 AM
Keeping the same name for all the games adds a sense of unity, and it's good for Square's reputation too. Back when FF2 came out, people were probably like, "Oh look, it's another Final Fantasy game. I remember the first Final Fantasy was really good, so maybe this one will be too. *plays* Hey, I really like it. I'll keep an eye out for more Final Fantasy games in the future." Sure, the same logic could also be applied to the fact that both games are by Square, but giving them all the same name adds a little something extra, and some people don't pay attention to which companies make which games.

EveningCross
05-04-2003, 11:55 PM
Also with the way that the storylines run in all of the final fantasy games, they do kinda share a certain quality of story-telling. I haven't played all of the FF games but of the ones that I have played, I will admit have stories that are (though sometimes very similar) very unique. AND the music in each game, which helps to tell the story a lot of the time, is also known to have great impact on gamers. Maybe it's because of these stand-out qualities that made the producers want to associate the name Final Fantasy with such games. I think that it was a great idea.