PDA

View Full Version : dark aeons

relic5
05-04-2003, 03:31 PM
are the dark aeons only in ffx international? b/c i would like to fight them and penace for ap. if so are they located in regiem temple?

Psychotic
05-04-2003, 03:56 PM
They are only in FFX International. No, they are not in "regiem temple"

You're not missing out on much, just some Zanmato action if you're clever, or some semi-hard battles if you think you have to level up a lot.

Prodigy
05-04-2003, 03:57 PM
They are only in the international version i.e. all versions except US I think.

They're located in various places such as Besaid entrance and many others.

Yrkoon
05-08-2003, 08:40 PM
semi hard battles? lol

my characters have 255 on every stat except magic and luck and they dont stand a chance against the last 3 dark aeons not to mention penance who appears after you kill all the dark aeons....

their psyhcotic....

Prodigy
05-08-2003, 09:38 PM
If you've got 255 on every stat then you're well on your way. If health is around 30,000 and you've got celestial weapons and the right armour then they're a piece of cake.

Ok so they're not a pushover but they're not hard.

Get luck up and it's even easier.

Yrkoon
05-08-2003, 09:59 PM
ya by this time tommorrow ill have magic at 255 on four of my guys.

all seven have celestial weaps ect then only stat ill need is luck but that will take forever to get luck maxed out.

im gonna need lots of luck since i cant hit 2 of the magus sisters at all with 255 accuracy and im getting 99999 damage done to me even tho ive got 255 defence and magic defence plus shell protect ect...

stupid aeons are laughing at my stats... blitz ace only does 20000 each hit then final one 99999 thats with 255 strength..

i have my health sitting around 22444 i dont see any point in raising it since im getting 99999 hits against me :(

Prodigy
05-09-2003, 01:18 AM
Er, something is wrong there.

BTW you don't need to raise magic at all, it's useless.

Luck doesn't need to be max - just around 150 or so meaning that almost all hits will be criticals.

You're also going wrong if you're using limit breaks. The only time you use limit breaks with the magus sisters is blitz ace on mindy (impossible to hit with physical attacks or so I found) because it always hits. Otherwise you have to use magic on here which takes ages.

You should use quick hit.

I fought all 3 of the sisters at once. Use an aeon to block the opening overdrive of course.

Then just lay into them. They shouldn't do anywhere near 99999 if your defence is max. Actually - they will do if you get armour break which is what I guess is happening. Many of the harder Aeons do this. To protect against it make sure that your armour is:

Ribbon
Break HP limit
Auto-haste
Auto-protect

Then simply cast dispell whenever you get full-break on your character (work out which moves do it)

Then you'll be fine and get hit for hardly anything. Armour break is what's doing you in.

Yrkoon
05-09-2003, 01:32 AM
kool ill try making up new armours the ones i been using have been

auto pheonix
break hp limit
ribbon on 2 guys (working on 3rd one)
auto regen (stupid waste of slot should be auto haste)

i couldnt remember how to get rid of break damage untill ya mentioned dispell :)

stupid aeons gonna get it :)

Prodigy
05-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Yeh dispell is very useful.

However, it will remove protect which is a pain. You don't need protect against any of the dark aeons - only penance. So if you plan on fighting penance you really do need auto-protect. It's also a lot more useful than auto-phoenix because to be honest - you shouldn't ever die against the dark aeons. If you do you're in big trouble because of the number of turns you miss out on.

The One Winged Angel
05-09-2003, 12:37 PM
Also, advice for the Dark Magus Sisters, fight them separately, i beat them before i beat Dark Bahamut this way. To do this when they first find you run off down the passage to the left, then go up the lift thingy and a little mini game type thing will follow where you run from them, run far enough without being caught and you can fight them one by one which is vastly easier

Prodigy
05-09-2003, 01:32 PM
Exactly which defeats the object of super-hard battles! You might as well just use Zanmato.

Magus Sisters are a trio, I say fight them as one and be a real man :)

The One Winged Angel
05-09-2003, 08:28 PM
Hehe, nah, i never use Zanmato, but yeah i guess, if you want a big challenge do that, but i don't rlly lessening one challenge, i'm trying to save up dark matters for my third Ribbon at the mo..

Yrkoon
05-10-2003, 10:16 PM
phew i actually beat the dark magus sisters (fought 3 at once)

i was making new armours and got pissed of so i went up against them again with my normal armour.

had all aeons on over drive status as well as yuna.

used em all apart from yojimbo and a pussy one.

only difference this time was i had aeons over drives and max magic (luck on 27 as my highest) magic saved my ass when i started getting beat i started using double cast an ultima finished the flying one off with that :)

yuna got shattered half way through jsut before i killed flying one made me crap it lol.

turned into kimarhi and rikku (the only 2 with ribbon armour) v the tall one an the fat one :)

auto phoenix saved my ass completly as they were still insisting on giving me 99999 damage :)

took an hour overall :)

now im gonna have to worry about dark anima an dark yojimbo shudder :)

btw didnt use dispell since they were doing 99999 on the first move i kinda lket my guys die an depend on auto phoenix :)

(edit) having a problem with dark yojimbo i teleport to back of cave an get him to appear i kill him then i kill him again ect (im supposed to kill him 5 times right?) i can only find 4 fights with him an ones at the entrance to cave :( killed him 8 times now on two attempts at it an cant seem to find mr yojimbo number 5...

ps it resets after i kill him near entrance :(

Zenshen
05-11-2003, 03:44 PM
(edit) having a problem with dark yojimbo i teleport to back of cave an get him to appear i kill him then i kill him again ect (im supposed to kill him 5 times right?) i can only find 4 fights with him an ones at the entrance to cave killed him 8 times now on two attempts at it an cant seem to find mr yojimbo number 5...

On the first fight, beat Yojimbo. When the summoner runs off, DON'T teleport to the cave entrance, your fight tally will be reset. Instead, take advantage of the nearby save sphere, and FOLLOW the summoner. You'll keep encountering him and eventually you'll beat Yojimbo 5 times.

Remember, don't teleport and don't reload once you've saved and you should, in theory, be able to beat him. :D

Yrkoon
05-11-2003, 04:36 PM
yippee i just bet him :) now onto dark anima :)

(edit) how the feck do you kill penance... :)

Zenshen
05-12-2003, 03:16 PM
Heheheeeeee.....

Penance is probably the single most hardest mother you'll play in any Final fantasy! :eek:

He has 12,000,000HP, and his two arms have 500,000HP each. He has maximum strength and magic (255), 200 defence and 180 Magic Defence I think. Every other stat except Luck and Evasion are maxed out.

If you don't kill the arms first (like using Blitz Ace or Attack Reels) Penance will use Judgement Day......99,999HP of damage on all characters as well as draining all your MP! :eek:

Your characters simply need all their celestial weapons and seriously good armour, a good example might be:

- Ribbon
- Break HP Limit
- Auto Haste
- Defence +20%

Why Defence +20%? Well, in theory you should have a defence stat of 255, adding 20% onto that gives you a 'theoretical' defence figure of 306! Wahoo!

Oh, all your stats need to maxed out, luck levels need to be over 120 and your HP should be around 50,000HP.

Keep taking out the arms, then attack the torso, eventually the arms will regenerate, so you need to keep taking out the arms, then attacking the torso. You'll probably find you need to use Quick Hits. Steal from him as well, you can get Dark Matters and Master Spheres.

Hehehe, he is HARD! :skull:

Prodigy
05-12-2003, 03:42 PM
I'd change that armour - you want auto-protect on instead of defence +20%.

This is because protect will seriously reduce the physical damage he does to you but you have to keep dispelling yourself whenever you get full-break (which is all the time). If you don't dispel then you'll be hit for 99,9999 which isn't pleasant.

You only need around 40,000 hp too otherwise the HP based attacks will start to do too much damage in comparison to the 9999 healing waters and the fight will be slower.

Just max strength, defence, agility, magic defence and get luck to around 150. You might like to increase evasion - I had it maxed. You don't need any magic.

Use a 3 stars at the beginning of the fight so that quick hit costs nothing. Then everything you do is quick hit. No limit breaks - it takes too much time. Actually, if your luck is high then you might as well go for blitz ace/attack reels if you're in danger of letting him do armageddon. Only use them in emergencies (with high luck stat they'll do almost double the damage they normally do because you'll be critting all the time).

It's a case of killing the arms first, then going at the body. Always remove the arms first. Always remove full break with dispel. Use healing waters/megalixirs to heal. That's all there is to it. Mind you, it takes about an hour to finish him though!

The One Winged Angel
05-13-2003, 06:25 PM
Doesn't Ribbon prevent Full Break?

Prodigy
05-13-2003, 07:23 PM
It most certainly doesn't :)

That's what I thought originally but it doesn't protect against full-break or death :(

Gutted.

The One Winged Angel
05-13-2003, 09:00 PM
DAMMIT, or curse.. curse i could cope with, and death.. but Full break is SO annoying

Yrkoon
05-13-2003, 10:22 PM
ya full break has to be the worst thing ever :(

btw i got a armour with curse proof an ribbon (dark aeon mustve dropped it) is it worth using that armour ?

its for tidus who i was actually getting a 3rd ribbon for..

was wondering if i could use it against penance (id have to put break hp on it of course)

if its a viable armour what last ability you suggest? or is that that curse proof ability taking up a slot gonna screw the armour?

The One Winged Angel
05-13-2003, 10:53 PM
Personally i think that Curseproof is a bit of a waste of time, i'd go for something like Auto-protect, i wish i'd got that one at least 2 of my characters instead of auto phoenix, i just wish u could delete abilities

you should so be able to using clear spheres..

Prodigy
05-14-2003, 12:49 AM
Yeh I made that mistake the 1st time through. It's tragic and can ruin the game. It's probably quicker to start again than to get all the dark matter needed to make new armours (I got all my ribbon armour from dark aeons which by the time I got to penance, were obviously all dead).

The only way to make armour for fighting penance is:

Ribbon
Break HP limit
Auto-haste
Auto-protect.

You need Ribbon for obvious reasons.
Break HP limit = obvious again
You also always need to have haste and protect on otherwise you won't be able to get enough hits in and you'll get smacked around. You need auto-protect really because you have to keep dispelling yourself and casting protect takes up too much time. That's my opinion anyway.

The One Winged Angel
05-14-2003, 03:32 PM
How long would it take, running in, killing Penance's arms, shielding with aeons and repeat until out of aeons and then fleeing, to get 99 dark matter?

Prodigy
05-14-2003, 09:42 PM
Hmm, it depends - I'd say it shouldn't take more than 2 hours really.

The One Winged Angel
05-14-2003, 09:48 PM
Wow, he's much better than Dark Aeons for them, more time efficient, i fought him for like 20-30, maybe 40 mins.. i wasn't sure but still i got 17 Dark Matters, that's like 1 for every minute or 2 instead of the 5 or so that it was taking for Dark Yojimbo...

Yrkoon
05-17-2003, 07:37 PM
made up new armours earlier an got hp up as well then i went up against penance.

at first it was tricky but it soon turned pretty easy then he turned into a second form and kicked my ass :(

how many hp does penance have left when he turns into second form?

ps my highest luck stat is 27 had to use aim about 20 times to start hitting arms almost every time an for 99999 :)

using yuna,tidus an kimarhi :)

went against him again then when he turned into second form i ran an got 25 dark matters for the fight :)

Prodigy
05-18-2003, 01:26 AM
Seriously get your luck up. Get it to about 150 and you'll be laughing.

He's got about 6 million more HP once he transforms I think. Something like that.

He's a double hard b*stard.

Yrkoon
05-18-2003, 01:47 AM
lol ya hes the most pshyco bast*rd ive saw in any FF game :)

it was the armour i had that killed me i had god armour on yuna break hp , ribbon, auto haste , an auto protect.

while the other 2 had stupid armours dark aeons dropped.. break hp (added) auto protect (added) and curse proof an ribbon.

it ws going pretty sweet the second form kept doing armour break more an wasting my moves thanks to no auto haste on 2 guys :)

making 2 more proper armours same as yuna's one :)

Prodigy
05-18-2003, 11:46 AM
Yep that's the way. You need auto-haste and auto-protect because you just can't afford to waste time casting them. You have to make sure you cast dispell everytime you get full break on you.

Also I don't know if you do but make sure you use a three stars at the beginning so magic costs nothing. Then you can pound away with quickhit without any worries.

Yrkoon
05-22-2003, 08:55 PM
lol check out http://ffwa.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=712121#post712121

apparently guys are gonna try an kill penance with a non sphere grid game by using aeons maxed out....

as if its possible lol :)

The One Winged Angel
05-22-2003, 09:53 PM
Yeah, he's not bad with the right armours, though Mega-Graviton took me out a few times.. i've not beaten him yet, got a bit bored after a while of trying to get my new armours, i'll go back to it soon

Yrkoon
05-24-2003, 08:35 PM
btw if you have a turbo controller it makes getting 30 wings to discovery easy rather than annoying :)

just start a fight with shinryu cast hastega an set x button to turbo mode 5 mins later at most an shinryu dies with out you doing any thing :)

same works on iron clad for hp spheres :)

The One Winged Angel
05-25-2003, 12:07 AM
hehe, he's easy anyway.. and i have auto-haste on everybody, so i wouldnt even have t use the d-pad if i got one

Yrkoon
05-25-2003, 12:11 AM
ya i know :) my mate brought a turbo pad up here an left it so i started using it when i got pissed of hitting x button every 2 seconds :)

edit : just completed my armours got auto haste auto protect break hp limit an ribbon on 3 guys :)

gonna go penance hunting tommorrow :)

(got 27 on luck as my highest) luck seems over rated tho since i can hit penance's arms by using aim a few times :)

Prodigy
05-25-2003, 11:16 AM
Haha, 27 luck - good...luck.

You need to be able to hit his arms every time. And using aim is wasting time and necessarily healing items. You also could do with critting cos if you ever decide to use limit breaks it'll do twice as much damage (wakka and tidus).

You can't afford to miss his arms - it can mean certain death later on.

The One Winged Angel
05-25-2003, 01:23 PM
Hehe, yeah, he's right, you need all the luck you can get, mine#s at about 130-160 and that's fine, but 27 just isn't enough

Yrkoon
05-25-2003, 07:01 PM
argg i almost had him then he used judgement day it was going well untill he done that move he only had about 1 million hp left :(

my auto life kicked in on all 3 then it was a stupid struggle to stay alive arrgghhh i almost had him ....... :)

after that i used my master spheres an got luck up to 70 odd (on each guy) not fought him after doing that tho :)

think ill take your advice and get luck up to 130 at least but im still pretty positive penance can die from guys with 27 luck (almost did) :)

The One Winged Angel
05-25-2003, 08:37 PM
hehe, see? you could have probably done about 1,000,000 to him in the time you spent aiming :P

i need to get my armour sorted but it's so boring ><