PDA

View Full Version : Yojimbo won't Zenmato

Jentleness
05-04-2003, 06:43 PM
He'll preform Daigoro, Kozuka, and Wakizashi, but no matter how much I pay him he just won't Zenmato! I guess he doesn't like me! :crying: :crying2: :crying:

Zifnab
05-04-2003, 06:51 PM
One trick I was told which seems to work is to pay him ALL of your gil EXCEPT 1 gil. Also, get him into overdrive beforehand.

Prodigy
05-04-2003, 07:24 PM
I believe Yojimbo works on an affection scale.

I.e. the more you use him and the more money you pay him the more he likes you. The more he likes you the more likely he is to do moves without being paid - and better moves.

So the answer is to simply summon him every battle, don't let him die (not sure if that matters but it might do), pay him plenty and often and watch his affection soar.

Eventually he may well do zanmato as soon as you summon him.

Of course I found that paying him 500,000 after grand summoning him (overdrive) meant that 90% of the time he'd do zanmato and I'd hardly ever used him.

steveo
01-22-2004, 01:38 PM
if you want the affection rating to go up then pay him ehough so that he uses kozuka or wakizashi but if u hardly pay him anythink then he'll use diagoro and u might aswell turn off the console because when he uses it it takes ur affection rating down!

Silent Warrior
01-27-2004, 09:26 AM
There's a guide at Gamefaqs which goes into greater detail, I believe. Another, easier, 'trick' to getting Zanmato is to grab a Gameshark, activate Infinite Gil, and let 'im rip. Well, it DOES work, so what if it's cheap... :D

katana
01-27-2004, 11:02 PM
Ooga Booga booga (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_yojimbo_a.txt)

CactuarKing
01-28-2004, 05:00 PM
Erm......nice useless link there!!

Flare_Star
01-28-2004, 06:31 PM
now thats embarrassing. *laughs in face*

Flying Mullet
01-28-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by katana
Ooga Booga booga (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_yojimbo_a.txt)
Don't link to FAQ's directly on gamefaqs, just link to the main site and mention the FAQ: www.gamefaqs.com

Big D
01-31-2004, 01:45 AM
Prodigy's got it right. That works for me.
Zanmato is harder to get during a boss fight, but I've got a strategy of using Grand Summon, or summoning Yojimbo with a full Overdrive gauge, and then paying him 77,777 Gil. Works every time during a normal battle, and maybe one third of the time against a Boss. Very useful for beating Dark Aeons, Penance, and Nemesis.

xenapan
02-01-2004, 12:45 AM
read the faq on it and you will see theres this RANDOM motivation factor which is nearly half the motivation points :P also id recommend USING him often so he uses all his attacks other than daigoro as each time he does it increases the compatability -> better motivation.

and of course.. its alot easier if you hired him to defeat string monsters instead of helping you complete your journey.

Genji_Fujiwara444
02-01-2004, 06:37 AM
Pfft, I got Zanmato (It's not Zenmato) twice by paying Yojimbo 10000 gil (not on bosses) but still, i was pretty ### lucky, seeing that I hardly ever use him.

Flare_Star
02-01-2004, 02:39 PM
has anyone ever had him use zanmato as soon as he comes in? hes used wakizashi but not zanmato with me.

TheSpoonyBard
02-01-2004, 09:48 PM
I don't know if others have experienced this, but Yojimbo tends to perform Zanmato much more often if you increase his MP using the relevant Soul acquired from Belgemine. I've gotten his to 210 and he does Zanmato as soon as I summon him. I don't even have to pay him!