PDA

View Full Version : Why Keep them

Ferril Shadow
05-04-2003, 11:22 PM
So I was getting my but kicked by a band on ninja's. I had my Summoner/Calculator<(Bad chick)from my first group of squires and Shadow <(Ramaza squire/samuri). Both weakened and 3 other teammates down. If I raised them I would be toasted, so what did I do??? Cast Holy on the whole flippin field, killed every one accept Shadow. Why you ask, cause he was holding big O's sword letting him absorb holy. Anyway all that to say I kept only 2 story characters causes every one else was boring and to hard to train plus they take up space while others can go on missions and take a whole 2 days cause they are so strong. Argis and big M<(Mustadio) why keep anyone else?? If anyone has a good reason to keep someone let me know and I will try it. I would also like to say this site rules the school. All My FF needs all on one site. There is a RPG God. Peace
Only in the shadows do you find it. Only in your dreams can you see it. Only in the blink of an eye does it strike. :magus:

Calvin
05-05-2003, 04:46 AM
If for no other reason, I keep the original group because I spent so much time leveling them and aquiring jobs with them. Those were some good times.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-06-2003, 04:50 PM
Beowolf Is a definate Keeper.....All the greatness of a knight plus the Status Killing Power of a Mastered Oracle.

I think if you had kept them all then Decieded which ones you liked you would have found you liked a lot of them.

Cloud has some very good potential but you get him at Lvl 1 in chapter 4.

Ries is possibly the only character that can have as Much Hp as a Knight without even Equping any Armour (Because of her inborn High HP)

Thats not to mention all the other wounderful Classes and characters your missing out on.

Malak and Rafa are extreamly unique characters..... When you find a use for them then you have accomplashed somthing indeed.

Night_Sword
05-06-2003, 09:59 PM
Rafa and Malak make efficient magic resistant mages.

btw I was looking at what I missed during my months of absentness and I am not female. Where did everyone get that from?

SmoshCuch
05-07-2003, 04:31 AM
Unique skills that average characters can't get.

Special dialogue if you bring certain special characters into certain battles. (Bring Meliadoul when you fight Vormav, for example.)

Better stat growth than average characters.

Boring? How? They can do just about anything regular characters can do and then some.

Hard to train? Depends on how much you've been levelling/training your characters. If you are much higher in level, then they will catch up quickly in random battles. Grab a couple death crystals from enemies to quickly train some extra skills & keep Gained JP Up equipped. That'll at least get them the essentials.

Pancaek
05-07-2003, 04:37 AM
I only use special characters in random battles if I need a break from levelling my regular characters. I also find that their special skills make battles too easy.

Iori
05-07-2003, 04:52 AM
am i wrong, or can you not get Beowulf and Reis without Mustadio... when you talk to his dad to get the beowulf quest started, mustadio has to be with you, or he ownt talk to you.. thats what i heard, but im still stuck on Ovelius

Pancaek
05-07-2003, 05:37 AM
Yeah, you have to keep Mustadio for his dad to talk to you. That's the only way to trigger the sidequests for the extra characters. You can boot Mustadio after you've gotten all the characters, but you have to at least keep him until then.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-07-2003, 07:00 PM
Well Knight Sword I looked at your Profile and the SEX said F so I guessed either you got an F in sex class or your a girl. (Notices it has an M now. Must have had it changed for the sex change day and forgot to turn it back HUH?)

Mustadio is necisarry for so many special events.

Good thing hes a good character.

Night_Sword
05-07-2003, 11:56 PM
It said F? Err thats odd. Actually I did get an F in sex ed, I did no work and I failed my 'sex' exam.

But anyways yeah some special characters do make the game too easy. Namely Cid.

Flying Mullet
05-07-2003, 11:59 PM
I usually use my original characters for most of the game. Although because Cloud is level one when you get him, I find that a good time to train other characters with him. I hang out on that one Deep Dungeon level that is like a high mountain peak and have my characters cast magic down upon the masses while I have one powerful one covering the walkway in case an enemy gets too close.

Iori
05-08-2003, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by Nakor TheBlue Rider
Well Knight Sword I looked at your Profile and the SEX said F so I guessed either you got an F in sex class or your a girl. (Notices it has an M now. Must have had it changed for the sex change day and forgot to turn it back HUH?)

Mustadio is necisarry for so many special events.

Good thing hes a good character.

har har matey, my mustadio is at level 48 right now, and his second is Sing... he owns all..i can pester my enemies by boosting my allies.. standing way in the corner.. but if danger strays too close... BANG, Leg Aim, and its back to singing

Iori
05-08-2003, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by Night_Sword
It said F? Err thats odd. Actually I did get an F in sex ed, I did no work and I failed my 'sex' exam.

But anyways yeah some special characters do make the game too easy. Namely Cid.

what the hell is Cid doing in FFT??????

Flying Mullet
05-08-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Vevictis Asmadi
what the hell is Cid doing in FFT??????

Orlandu is also known as Thunder God Cid or TG Cid(or something like that).

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-08-2003, 06:40 PM
TG Cid

means Thunder God Cid

see......

DOnt act so surprised "Vevictis Asmadi"

as I remember it Cid has been in almost every Final Fantasy as far back as the first one.

Giga Guess
06-01-2003, 03:03 PM
But never has he been this awesome! And anyone who says he's too strong, try Deep Dungeon. He _JUST_ barely levels the playing field.

Gregory
08-14-2003, 04:29 PM
You should keep Rafa, so you can get treasures. Thanks to her, I weild Koga Knife, Sage Staff, Perseus Bow, and even the Chaos Blade. She's a keeper.

Beowulf is a Knight/Oracle fighter, so keep him. For treasure hunting, him and Rafa are the best. Plus, he can learn Petrify.

Orlandu is a definete keeper. You know why.

Mustadio, is a keeper. Once you get Blast Gun and the best equipment, he is the best sniper.

Worker 8, keep for his attacks. Range is his specialty.

Meliadoul is a weapon destroyer. She can render Thundergod Cid useless by tossing his sword along with his sword skills. Also Vormav and Rofel and archers and gun users. Remember that.

Cloud.... His limits are the death to anyone who has a low CT score. You can use Omnislash on someone whose CT is like 0-49. The best skills come from Clous, but he's lv 1 when you get him.

I keep every story character I get. It's a habit of mine. I won't toss a lv 12 Boco for a lv. 99 Red Chocobo. But imagine if you can use Kletian or Dycedarg in your party. I wish that were possible.