PDA

View Full Version : What would have made FFX the best game ever created?

Enigma
05-05-2003, 12:43 AM
What do you think would have made FFX a million times more better?

I say a world map and better voice actors.

Zifnab
05-05-2003, 04:08 PM
I honestly don't know. I thought the game was superb. I think the only things I can think of is a much longer and better ending, and maybe give Yu Yevon a few lines. Y'know, the sort of weird crap people all over the Internet would put in their sigs 'cause it's 'deep' just 'cause it's the only thing he/she/it said.

EDIT: I like that Jenova line in FF7.

Psychotic
05-05-2003, 06:38 PM
- World Map

- Levelling up

- Less nauseating characters

- Better voice actors(Yuna in particular)

- Actually giving Lulu something to do in the latter part of the game

- Make Kimahri a character, rather than just someone there to make up the numbers

- Make Seymour less clichéd, predictable, lame etc etc.

- Blitzball becoming a *3D* sports game rather than a 2D RPG

- Improving Dialogue, eg getting rid of Yuna's "Yes" and "Okay" obsession, and making people actually calling Tidus, Tidus. Not to forget pronouncing "Chocobo" as "Chock-ub-oe" rather than "Choe-coe-boe"

- Moogles.

- Make about two-thirds of the songs less irritating.

PhoenixAsh
05-05-2003, 07:14 PM
Remove disc from box, insert FFVII discs, remove box, replace with FFVII box.

If you have to stick with X, do everything Psychotic said, but making sure to call Tidus Tie-duss instead of the annoying version they actually pronounce it.
Then remove anything considered a mini-game, and point the designers to FFVII, VIII and IX as a guide on what mini-games actually look like. If they refuse to give up their ways, force them to replay the Cloisters of Trials over and over, or dodge 2,000,000 bolts of lightning before allowing them to return home.
Replace Yuna with any other character in gaming history. Anyone.

Psychotic
05-05-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Phoenix 17
making sure to call Tidus Tie-duss instead of the annoying version they actually pronounce it.

I *knew* I'd forgotten something. If that's how it's meant to be pronounced then they should have spelt his name Teedus or something. Tie-Duss just sounds better.

Enigma
05-05-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic
Tie-Duss just sounds better.

I agree one hundred percent.

I have some more but most already mentioned:

1. Blitzball should allow you to move up, down, left, or right and you should be able to control player on both defense and offense. You should be able to play as a person even when you don't have the ball and you should be able to push a button like, let's say R1 to tackle and L1 to choose whether to pass, shoot, or dribble and the whole damn team shouldn't be able to jump on one player. I can go on and on.

2. Yuna should be shot every time she says 'Yes' or 'Okay' fast, like she always does.

3. Tidus should be stabbed everytime he says "Huh?" or "What?"

4. I liked Tidus' narrator voice, he should use that during the game and not only when he's telling his story. It sounds more mature.

Psychotic
05-06-2003, 06:40 PM
This is an important one:

Leviathan and Odin. Those two had been summons in every FF since summons were introduced, as were of course, Shiva, Ifrit and Bahamut. So why leave them out now?

A big thing was made out of how there were four main elements and how they were opposites and everything, we have fire, ice and thunder summons but no water. It just shows a lack of communication between the people that made this game.

And as for Odin, I think he should have been there instead of Yojimbo, for example instead of Zanmato he does the infamous Steel-Bladed sword.

*Kills Square for forgetting them, deliberate or otherwise*

Flying Mullet
05-06-2003, 06:46 PM
If FFX did my laundry that would be pretty sweet. That and they annoying amount of tedious work you have to do for sidequests. It's just not worth it.

GhandiOwnsYou
05-07-2003, 03:24 AM
Replace yunas voice actor

Make MUCH longer

Make a major enemie switch. Rather than jsut chasing the same enemie the entire game, have a twist where your focus changes to a deeper evil behind sin or something.

Make Blitzball halfway playable *i hate that minigame so friggin much it needs to die die die die die. stupid threeway blocks shitty stats *grumble**

More AEONS Leviathin? Ramuh? Odin? and take away Bahamuts fruity technicolor wings.... Bahamut is black....Black is cool.... pink does not scare enemies, it makes them call him names....

President Drummer
05-07-2003, 08:03 PM
i think the music is annoying because its basically the same song in every temple only they change who's singing it. every time i play that game i get that song stuck in my head!

ugh

so yeah they need more variety in the songs

Beowulf
05-10-2003, 02:52 AM
What could've made it better? Well...first off I didn't like Tidus. He was just...'strange.' *cough* Anyway..I would've made a stable world map for walking on. That would've made the game like...30x better at least. What else...a little longer, perhaps, and a better story...it was decent until we found out Tidus was a dream and all of Zanarkand was a dream of the Fayth. Other than that...I'd give the game overall a B-.

Yrkoon
05-11-2003, 05:28 PM
world map would be nice :)

id of liked more options in the battle arena as in letting you create things your self eg pick a monster skin then put what stats you want on it then fight it..

or a ff7 type battle arena as an option :)

razor248725
05-20-2003, 09:56 AM
the voice acting. yunas voice was absolutely terrible. she has a good voice, but the voice acting in general; the emotion, etc. was quite bad. wakka and auron's were perfect though.

something alse that annoyed me was the lip movement and facial expressions, actually it wasn't that bad but it could be improved.
but the lip movement was slow, i mean their mouths are still moving for like 2 or 3 seconds after they have finished talking.
theres probably a couple of other things too but i can't remember.

Sieg
07-07-2003, 06:26 PM
Yuna naked.

nanakixiii
07-07-2003, 08:49 PM
um...that wouldn't be too appropriate, would it?

1.) world map
2.) subquests near the beginning of the game
3.) little more relationship stuff. (when they showed the movie of yuna and tidus kissing, i didn't see it coming because it didn't show them in love or anything.)

I know, they do give you a lot of clues during the game, but they have to make it a little more noticeable for first-timers.

voice acting is really great for me because i have the japanese version, and i'm not complaining. Yeah, american voice actors are terrible. they have no emotion. well, too bad:D

Havoc
07-11-2003, 05:10 PM
A world map and a storyline with more depth.

Silent Warrior
07-12-2003, 04:01 PM
- Better voice-actor for Yuna (it seems I'm among the few who actually thought that the others were acceptable)
- Better dialogue/translation; The part before The Stuff with Lady Y. suffered unimaginably from Tidus' quite misplaced 'But I want everything.' Not even a perfect voice-actor can make that line come out alright in the given context.
- Better/no minigames.
- NO DARK AEONS WITHOUT REBALANCING, DAMMIT! GRAAH! Stupid Square! If you need some 30-70k HP (or many thousands of Gil for Zanmato) to tackle them, making Wings to Discovery so rare is murder!
- More emphasis on Role-Playing, otherwise you're on thin ice calling it an RPG. Let's say I had Tidus go after Rikku every chance he got, I might just NOT want to see him slobber all over Yuna, hm? Just an innocent thought - Neverwinter Nights succeeded admirably, so it isn't impossible. Or, to rephrase it a little: Less linear story!
- Don't have Yuna say 'Oh my...!' when Bahamut jumps down and starts flexing his muscles, please...

Mr. Mojo Risin
07-13-2003, 05:58 AM
-crackheads: they are poorly represented in RPGs
-a mini-quest involving this forum
-break dancing, I know Kimahri can get down
-a few more DVDs containing every FF and a few more containing extras
-a MGS3:Snake Eater demo

Lionx
07-13-2003, 07:59 AM
EoFF staff members being the characters starring shulp as Yuna and Kishi as Tidus. That would make the game ten times more better.

Bahmant zero
07-13-2003, 04:12 PM
il would think it would be a better game if.....

1) Square spent a few more months devloping it
2) world map so the game not just one long road.
3) more interactive
4) loads of Mini-games througout the game, not at the end
5) Mini-games that are actually fun, and bring back the classics like the card game from ff8.
6)NO TIDUS.
7) Btetter script, diagolge and voice acting
8) Making seymore at least a semi-decent character, not a lame tranny.
9) Better map design
10) WAY better story
11) Double in length
12) A bigger world. spira is just one lone road where you walk from a to b with no real towns.
13) more traditional summons.
14) Devolp the characters ALOT more and dont let them all join at the start, take there time in joining like in ff7, the characters had loads of histroy, reasons and you had to expore to find them.
15) devlop blitzball alot#
16)square should have a forum community like neverwinter nights or black and white so they can talk to fans and see there oppions and use there ideas.

and i have loads mre but if i do you'll go to sleep.

§håd0w
07-15-2003, 04:38 PM
if u could interact, and actually use ur sword to create a path when u didnt want to walk around. or jump and climb when u didnt want to take the long path

lemonation
07-19-2003, 04:04 AM
*Make it longer. I'm about to beat it and I'm kind of sad.
*Seymour was to easy to predict . When you play evil music when they aren't being evil, that's just dumb. And his fourth form should've been harder than the third. It makes sence that way.
*More summons. They made up two(i think. was ixion in another game?) and left out classics. Titan, Odin, Ramuh...
*Teach Yuna's voice actor to act.
*Moogles
*Make Blitzball NOT suck. It had so much potential... if only it was 3D...

Otherwise, it was awesome. It started off mundanely, but snagged my interest long enough to get me to Macalania. It heated up at that point... even though it was cold. I hate Seymour. Evil that justifies I hate with all my soul. And the music rocked. Rocked I tell you!!! The story was great, the not-yuna voice acting was great, it was fun. The Summoning system was wonderful also. I love it.

Blackmage
07-19-2003, 03:11 PM
I give you the Top 10 Things Wrong with FFX...

10. The game was too short.

9. The voices were really bad on a few particular characters. Especially Yuna.

8. The game needed a world map and being able to navigate the Airship like you would in any other FF (excluding Tactics).

7. The creators needed to add a place much like the Gold Saucer from FFVII.

6. Blitzball really sucks.

5. There was no Tonberry aeon.

4. There was no chocobo raising system like in FFVII.

3. Odin was not an aeon.

2. They didn't give the U.S. all the things the PAL had that made it much better (And I'll never forgive them for that...).

And the #1 Thing Wrong with FFX is...

1. The minigames in the game are NOT games; they are TORTURE!!! TORTURE I TELL YOU!!!

§håd0w
07-19-2003, 08:05 PM
i was actually glad there was no chocobo raising system. it was took hectic, and if u messed up, then o well. and seeing that tonberry was a fiend, it wouldnt make sense to make him an aeon as well... and i dont think yuna could control Odin. as for controlling the airship, that would have been nice, but it didnt happen. so... u just gonna hafta to get over it. the game was too short and the mini games were a pain in the ass. especially the thunder plains