PDA

View Full Version : What would make FF7 an even better game?

Enigma
05-05-2003, 12:44 AM
What do you think would have made FF7 even more better than it already is?

zacks_clone
05-05-2003, 01:37 AM
nothing what so ever.the game was simply great how it was

Kayin
05-05-2003, 01:55 AM
Quite a few things actually. But the main hing I would do would be to increase its difficulty, it was far too easy.

Calvin
05-05-2003, 04:40 AM
The only thing I might change would be the graphics.....but then we're talking about a remake, and that's a completely different topic.

Montoya
05-05-2003, 04:42 AM
The graphics and difficulty. Not having to press O to run. A better ending.

edczxcvbnm
05-05-2003, 04:46 AM
A split story line for if you revive Aeris. It would have been like getting 2 great stories in one.

Storm
05-05-2003, 06:24 AM
The following things could have made the game better(Although FF7 was an excellent game)

1. A more thorough ending.
2. A decent explanation as to why Cloud's cell was opened after the escape of Jenova from the Shinra building.
3. A better explanation of the capabilities of Jenova.
4. A more fitting end to Shinra. I though this was kind of rushed.

In general, more explanations would be nice, but then that would leave us with nothing to argue about in these forums!

animee_
05-05-2003, 07:41 AM
FF7 was a really good game and there wouldnt be a lot of things that i would change, but the only thing that they could change to make the game better is to improve the graphics............well thats about it

Rude
05-05-2003, 02:36 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing characters be limited in what materias they could equip. Thus creating a quasi class system, but not to any extreme.

Blackmage
05-05-2003, 03:36 PM
*Harder normal enemies to fight *thinks about those friggin' Yans from FFIX*.
*Harder WEAPONS.
*Harder bosses.
*Harder to level materia up.
*More fights and harder fights in the Battle Arena at the Gold Saucer.
*Graphics should be revamped, particularly outside of battle.
*Catchier normal battle theme (Like FF9's).
*Be able to have a clone of Sephiroth fight on your team.
*Be able to change Cait Sith to a Tonberry instead of that dumb thing that he is.
*Game needs to be longer somehow.
*Need to implement a use for Tissues, 1/18 Soldiers, and other Battle Arena items to stop any retarded rumors about them.

Hmm, I think that's the whole list.

PhoenixAsh
05-05-2003, 07:27 PM
Better graphics, revive Aeris option, more of pretty much everything, an option to fight other players online, a card game, appearances from characters in other FFs, a Sphere Theatre type thing, voice acting, a Blitzball type game but not as wasted.
It's still my favourate game though.

ZeZipster
05-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Yeah a revive Aeris option would be good. It'd shut-up those newbies who keep on talking about saying they know how to get her back. I'd really like to see addons for Materias, like a materia that made Ultima better because Ultima was, uhm, weak compared to some of the Enemy Skills.

Enigma
05-05-2003, 10:14 PM
I like the replies from this thread so I must add on.

1. Better graphics outside of battle
2. A Normal and Hard option (with special sidequests on Hard mode of course).
3. Even though I got flamed more than a Burger King hamburger when I mentioned this a long time ago, I think a 'Revive Aeris' option would be really good. But Sephiroth would have to do something else really dramatic to get the anger built back up again and make you WANT to fight him (face it, he's so damn cool, who actually wants to fight him?)
4. Better explanations of events in the game such as Shinra's end.

ZeZipster
05-05-2003, 10:20 PM
Must resist temptation of asking-for-sequalism. This is too much, darn it if only I could make a time machine go back in time and tell Square what the fans want to see in FF7.

Rude
05-06-2003, 03:13 PM
ZeZipster, your avatar has answered the question as to what one thing would make FF7 a better game.....

A Carbuncle summon!!!

Linus J
05-06-2003, 04:56 PM
well instead of just making it more difficult, 2 different difficulties. Normal and Harder.

Graphics of course

Maybe make Zack some sort of active character, like when he is with Cloud you get to fight a bit (during the flashbacks that is)

Alternate fmvs if you use Yuffie and/or Vincent

Short versions of the summons, like FFIX

PhoenixAsh
05-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Can't believe I forgot Yuffie/Vincent FMVs.

I don't like the idea of short Summons though, it'd make it to easy. Like in FFVIII, you could easily win with GFs if you sucked, but it meant you needed patience compared to better players.

Kayin
05-07-2003, 01:13 AM
My GFs were crap in FFVIII to tell the truth. I rarely used them.

fallen_cloud
05-07-2003, 01:19 AM
Better graphics, the ability to control Sephiroth during Cloud's flashback, and the ability to control your summons like in FFX. NO REVIVE AERIS OPTION. Then there would be a totally different storyline and final FMV.

Big D
05-07-2003, 02:34 AM
NO REVIVE AERIS OPTION.I agree. That'd be cheesy, as well as undermining some of the game's most profound content. Voice acting would have the potential to bite severely, so it'd be better to leave it out. More FMVs - particularly of the optional characters - would be a big improvement. The occasionally rough or vague translation could do with a brush-up in places (including Cait Sith's "accent", which was quite cleverly done in the original Japanese text). Character graphics with the detail of FFVIIIs, and the realism of FFIXs (i.e. looking around, breathing, not standing stock-still all the time) would be good.

edczxcvbnm
05-07-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Big D
I agree. That'd be cheesy, as well as undermining some of the game's most profound content.

It can't undermine it if it that part of the story never takes place. I swear you people have no fcuking imagination.

Sephex
05-07-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
It can't undermine it if it that part of the story never takes place. I swear you people have no fcuking imagination.

This made me laugh and I don't even know why.

Zifnab
05-07-2003, 11:36 AM
Give Vincent his own sidequest like Yuffie's, possibly involving the Turks and his past relations with them.
Some more close-ups of characters. I didn't even know President Shinra had a cigar and mustache until the 2nd or 3rd time through.
As said above, a better end to Shinra.
And a near perfect translation would be nice.

Calvin
05-07-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm

Imagination? Wouldn't you find it strange if they killed off Anakin Skywalker in Episode 3? It has nothing to do with imagination. It deals with the overall plot. The one image that stands out in more people's minds when the think about FFVII, and perhaps any video game, was that Aeris died. Reviving her would simply cheapen everything that the game as well as the points it made stood for. I can think of dozens or reasons to keep her dead, but I can only think of one to revive her......to use her more in battles. That obviously isn't enough.

EvenAngelsFall
05-07-2003, 05:15 PM
I didnt have time to read all the posts, due to i dont wanna, and i have a headache, but to make ff7 an even better game, will enhance graphics and sound, and give every character and person you meet a voice to replace text word conversations, And do nothing to the storyline and gameplay:).

~EvenAngelsFall

PhoenixAsh
05-07-2003, 06:54 PM
Nah reviving Aeris would be great. Yes it's all very sad and etc. but you just have to make it really hard to do. Then whilst newbies and die hard fans alike can experience the true original meaning, the people who actually care about the characters can be happy as long as they realise that it comes at a cost.
By reviving her I don't mean by collecting a hundred tissues, it'd have to be some really important side quest to like the Promised Land, or something really deep. Nothing cheap or cheesy.
Aeris' survival could have huge implications too, which could again talk about things coming for a price. The new technology available could allow for this. The way I see it you could have three endings.

1) The original, noone really knows what happened to mankind.

2) You save Aeris, but to do so you take the easiest and least responsible path. This leads to events that prevent the final summoning of Holy. Everyone dies.

3) You give up the chance to save Aeris to save the world, but possibly the planet returns Aeris to you afterwards for your true spirit or something like that. Holy is summoned and Aeris lives.

Plenty of deep meanings and stuff possible there, happiness doesn't have to be cheesy.

EvenAngelsFall
05-07-2003, 07:03 PM
Ya reviving here would be awesome, but how would the story end, it would end in the destruction of the world, with Aeris alive she cant controll the lifestream so the meteor will Hit and destroy the world, But there could be a way to change that, just change the ending completly.

~EvenAngelsFall

edczxcvbnm
05-07-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Calvin
Imagination? Wouldn't you find it strange if they killed off Anakin Skywalker in Episode 3? It has nothing to do with imagination. It deals with the overall plot. The one image that stands out in more people's minds when the think about FFVII, and perhaps any video game, was that Aeris died. Reviving her would simply cheapen everything that the game as well as the points it made stood for. I can think of dozens or reasons to keep her dead, but I can only think of one to revive her......to use her more in battles. That obviously isn't enough.

I wish they would kill anakin because the actor sucks!

Anyways if you were to revive her it would only be at one point in the game and it would change the story completely from there on out not even making it the same. It doesn't take away from the initial shock.

Because she is with you then you could possibly talk to all those rocks in the City of the Ancients. You would be able to find out more about Jenova and stuff because she might remember. Maybe cloud would never have given sephiroth the Black Materia. So many things can change.

No imagination...yeah. I stand by that statement.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-07-2003, 07:32 PM
Heres a Huge one:

Drum Roll...................

Make Sephiroth Harder then The weapons.......Way Harder...........WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY HARDER than the STUPID WEAPONS!!!!

Shoyku
05-07-2003, 07:36 PM
The only thing I'd enjoy in FFVII is having it with Dual Shock 2 support. Nothing more.

Enigma
05-07-2003, 11:57 PM
I have to agree with that too^^.

fallen_cloud
05-09-2003, 03:26 PM
I must agree with Nakor. Why should the final boss be easier than some other bosses? HE was so easy it wasn't even funny.

PhoenixAsh
05-09-2003, 06:51 PM
No way, the final boss shouldn't be nearly the hardest boss in the game, that just.... ugh, just no.

Rude
05-09-2003, 08:15 PM
Uhm, I thought is pretty much a common thing in video games to make the hardest boss last. Why would you want to defy that logic? By the time I make it to the end of a game I want a challenge, not a pushover.

Yrkoon
05-09-2003, 09:34 PM
well the end bosses always seem to be ok as in difficuilty assuming you dont level up much ect or they can be complete walk overs if you level up to much.

its a good balance that square soft have at the moment as in kill the end boss then see the sweet ending and if you want a challange you go and find hidden bosses who will give you a tough challenge :)

Enigma
05-09-2003, 10:04 PM
I think the final boss should be harder than other bosses, if not, then what's the point in leveling up your materia and your characters at all?

PhoenixAsh
05-09-2003, 10:11 PM
If you have the last boss hardest you either have a lot of people pissed off because they've spent hours on a game and can't see the end, or a lot of people pissed off that they now have nothing hard to do.

Brian The Pink Shark
05-09-2003, 10:13 PM
If anything maybe better graphics,a dual shock/2 option, a way to revive aeris(maybe) more materia... this is becoming quite a list now.

fallen_cloud
05-09-2003, 10:34 PM
Yep, a long list that continues to grow.

Night Angel
05-11-2003, 09:39 PM
I dunno if it's just me, but having the end boss be the hardest is just crazy. There ARE those of us that aren't all that great at getting through them in the first place.
As for things to make the game better, I say

1 better graphics
2 more side quests
3 an easuer way to get gold chocobos
4 people stop asking for Aeris to come back.

PhoenixAsh
05-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Gold chocobo's should be even harder to get so that all us owners can look down on the common people :).
If they'd just give us her back we'd stop asking for her.