PDA

View Full Version : Recognized Stuff

edczxcvbnm
05-05-2003, 04:42 AM
This is another thing that has been bugging me forever. Why is the rank in ugly yellow(doesn't work against the forum colors) instead of a slick silver or platinum?

Shoyku
05-05-2003, 04:46 AM
Pfft, it's better than orange. :aimx:

edczxcvbnm
05-05-2003, 04:47 AM
No it isn't...I would take orange in an instant over this horrid yellow.

Shoyku
05-05-2003, 04:49 AM
Well, that shut me up.

Yamaneko
05-05-2003, 06:11 AM
The RM are not really recognized, they don't care about you. I blame the admins.:D

Red Wizard
05-05-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Yamaneko
The RM are not really recognized, they don't care about you. I blame the admins.:D
Exactly... how else do you explain that I have one?

edczxcvbnm
05-05-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Red Wizard
Exactly... how else do you explain that I have one?

You put out :D

Big Ogre Umaro
05-05-2003, 07:43 AM
Damn rank hack.

eestlinc
05-05-2003, 09:22 AM
my rank is the best color. oh wait.

Loony BoB
05-05-2003, 10:39 AM
Silver = Admin
Blue = CK
Green = SSS
Yellow = RM
Orange = SS

So you've lost out on all the good colours. Being blue and silver. We can't have people mistaking you for something that's better than what you are.

*flee*

Leeza
05-05-2003, 04:49 PM
Personally, I think that the yellow rank colour is quite spiffy, but we do need one that's in purple. :)

Del Murder
05-05-2003, 05:04 PM
How about the 'Enforcer' rank?

edczxcvbnm
05-05-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Leeza
Personally, I think that the yellow rank colour is quite spiffy, but we do need one that's in purple. :)

Lets make recognized members purple. Purple rules.

You forgot one Loony BoB

Banned = Pink

I always thought that Admin was grey also. Looks kind of bland and unsilvery.

Dr Unne
05-05-2003, 05:57 PM
It's not yellow, it's GOLD. That's even better than silver.

edczxcvbnm
05-05-2003, 05:57 PM
But its not better than Platinum :D

Erdrick Holmes
05-05-2003, 06:03 PM
I feel that blood red for Immortal Corrupter, no real priviges.

Oh btw, what kind of priviliges to RMs get?

edczxcvbnm
05-05-2003, 06:21 PM
I can open and close my own threads. That is it. I guess they feel we are responsible enough to not abuse that power.

crono_logical
05-06-2003, 02:40 AM
I'll have the purple rank to myself if you don't mind :D

I guess it's not easy to make the rank change colour depending on the template being used? :p

Spuuky
05-06-2003, 03:30 AM
I like yellow ranks.

Shlup
05-06-2003, 05:27 AM
I have half a mind to make it the background color just so no one can see it. :aimmad:

crono_logical
05-06-2003, 05:33 AM
Shame there's two background colours in each of two templates :D

Heath
05-06-2003, 08:54 PM
Then we could change the board and make it all one colour and lose one of two nice shades of blue.
Or we could just give Clouty the "Outcast" rank in purple :p

Nait
05-06-2003, 09:23 PM
NOW THAT WERE TALKING ABOUT THE COLOUR OF THE RM-TITLE

it sucks, I hate yellow, and that's not gold, SITE STAFF *spit* have Gold.

I want RED. Blood RED!

edczxcvbnm
05-06-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by ShlupQuack
I have half a mind to make it the background color just so no one can see it. :aimmad:

I DARE YOU TO DO IT!

Shlup
05-08-2003, 03:40 AM
I'll try to look into how to change the color when I see someone online who knows how, but first everyone'll have to actually pick a color that you can agree on, and then staff approval and all the lot.

If anyone has any suggestions for any title color changes, feel free to suggest colors instead of just whining about the yellow and orange and green. :p

The Man
05-08-2003, 04:52 AM
Shlup: I'll talk to you on AIM later.

Del Murder
05-08-2003, 04:56 AM
Yah, all the RM's need to agree on something. Nothing can go wrong here.

edczxcvbnm
05-08-2003, 08:17 AM
I think we can all agree that we are more powerful than normal members!

Nait
05-08-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Nait
I want RED. Blood RED!

Red Wizard
05-08-2003, 09:18 AM
*shrug* I really don't care. It's not like it's that important, though if it were up to me I'd have it the same color as the default forum text.

escobert
05-08-2003, 05:31 PM
How are RM's chosen anyways!? I think it's all a evil conspericy against me! AHHHHH *runs away*

edczxcvbnm
05-08-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by TrowaBartonIV
How are RM's chosen anyways!? I think it's all a evil conspericy against me! AHHHHH *runs away*

You have to not be a complete jerk and agree with everything they say...wait a minute...how the hell am I one then?

Dr Unne
05-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Bleys might've added a text field to the main admin cp somewhere where you can change the color of the ranks. I remember he added fields for the colors of admins and mods at least, unless I'm remembering completely wrong. If you can't do it in the CP you have to change it in a couple places in the php files. showthread.php probably, maybe others. I don't remember. Bleys will know if you ask him.

Site Staff's color is orange, not gold. Recognized Members are gold, I tells ya.

Nait
05-08-2003, 07:52 PM
No. Unne. It's PISS YELLOW. <i>GREENISH</i> piss yellow.

EDIT:

But I think I'll misuse this here quote. :D

<small>Orig. Pos. Dr. Un.</small>

Recognized Members are gold, I tells ya.

Feels good to be loved. :greenie:

Leeza
05-08-2003, 08:06 PM
I think that, maybe, that was the whole reason for the Gold colour, Nait. :)

Dr Unne
05-08-2003, 08:14 PM
*head explodes*

That's what I've been trying to say. Gold is good. It's so good, it's GOLD.

Shlup
05-08-2003, 09:08 PM
I haven't seen a single person seriously suggest any acceptable colors. I think I'll take that as "We don't actually care, we just want to bitch."

Nait
05-08-2003, 09:16 PM
-_-

I've been :skull::skull::skull::skull:ing suggesting red the whole time, when are you going to believe me?

Agent Proto
05-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Would you rather like us use <font color="#F7C1C1">pretty pansy pink</font> or <font color="#F72323">light blood red</font>?

hmm

<font size="1"><font color="#F7C1C1">Recognized Member</font></font> or <font size="1"><font color="#F72323">Recognized Member</font></font>

Nah.. Red's not a good color choice. :p

Nait
05-08-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Agent Proto
<font color="#FD1F1F"><h1><b>Recognised Member</b></h1></font>

OH MY GOD. IT IS SO BEAU. ;_;

Dr Unne
05-08-2003, 09:46 PM
You didn't even spell it right. I don't see what's wrong with the gold anyways. *votes to keep the gold color*

Yamaneko
05-08-2003, 10:33 PM
Unne's right y'know. Yellow is a bright color. Gold is a duller yellow. That's what the RM's have, dull yellow, or gold. The colors are fine how they are.

Shlup
05-08-2003, 10:47 PM
suggest any acceptable colors

edczxcvbnm
05-09-2003, 05:22 AM
I SUGGESTED PLATINUM! It is shinnier than gold and more valuable than gold. It is the prefect color and it doesn't look like someone pissed all over the boards!

Kawaii Ryûkishi
05-09-2003, 05:32 AM
You kids don't know how good you've got it. If you hate the color so much, we can just revoke the title. And then we'll be making some calls to <b>your parents</b>.

Shlup
05-09-2003, 05:43 AM
And what, ed, is your definition of paltinum translated into hex?

Leeza
05-09-2003, 06:12 AM
Platinum would look too much like the Administrator colour. There is no way that the RM's are greater than Admins. I think they should be grateful for what they have and thank their own version of God for it every morning. Or give them yellow, since that's what colour that they think that it is anyways. Ungrateful little pups!

eestlinc
05-09-2003, 06:43 AM
all of you are a bunch of whiney blowhards.

edczxcvbnm
05-09-2003, 08:13 AM
And what, ed, is your definition of paltinum translated into hex?

I will figure it out tomarrow.

As for complaining. If I am going to have this title that grants me worthless powers and makes me somehow more elite than 95% percent of the board...I want it to look cool damn it. Just cuz you have no style *whisps hair back* Its like just soooooo-TACKY!!! HEEEELLO!

The Man
05-09-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
You have to not be a complete jerk and agree with everything they say...wait a minute...how the hell am I one then? And how the hell am I NOT one? O_O ;)

On topic, I think you kids have too much time on your hands. And considering this is ME saying that... good freaking GOD.

Nait
05-09-2003, 10:04 AM
Recognised Member.
Recognised Member.
Recognised Member.

Yamaneko
05-09-2003, 01:11 PM
If you call that first one Nait posted "gold", I'm going to die. That's fricken BRONZE.

Loony BoB
05-09-2003, 01:23 PM
I think it's more of a orangey-brown. Orangey-orangey-brown.

escobert
05-09-2003, 02:08 PM
Maybe pink heh

bennator
05-09-2003, 08:53 PM
If only Nait could spell "Recognized".

crono_logical
05-10-2003, 05:02 AM
Just change the z to an s in Recognised and leave the colour, and all will be fine :D

I don't want the purple rank anymore either, the blue one contrasts nicely with Arche's hair in my avatar :D

The Man
05-10-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Nait
Recognised Member.
Actually, it's orange. It's also COMPLETELY INVISIBLE on ed's technicolour nightmare scheme 8-)

Red Wizard
05-10-2003, 07:31 AM
My suggestion of the forum default color stands. If that isn't allowed, then make it something dark and completely impossible to see against the background colors... I mean brown would be nice.

edczxcvbnm
05-10-2003, 07:37 AM
I would like to say that if you think the color that is currently is recognized member color is really gold...you must be pretty poor then. That is more like the color of FOOLS gold(not kidding) and not real gold. Real gold is much darker and dull.

The admin is probably silver as silver is dull and not all that shiny...which is why platinum kicks so much ass(I am working on it....somewhat).

The Man
05-10-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
I would like to say that if you think the color that is currently is recognized member color is really gold...you must be pretty poor then. That is more like the color of FOOLS gold(not kidding)rofl

The admin is probably silver as silver is dull and not all that shiny...which is why platinum kicks so much ass(I am working on it....somewhat). The admin colour is actually slightly purple, believe it or not. I checked using Photoshop, and it's a very faint purple. Yup.

Del Murder
05-10-2003, 08:09 AM
I say we all devote any further time delegated for discussing this matter to volunteering at an orphanage instead.

The Man
05-10-2003, 08:14 AM
You're a good man, Del Murder.

Red Wizard
05-10-2003, 08:21 AM
Come, now... my insignificant and unearned text under my name being a yellow-ish color is much more important than some silly orphans... which gives me an idea. Gruel-colored recognized titles! Yay.

Mikztsu
05-10-2003, 06:00 PM
When I got this rank, I said I would want mine pink. But they gave that awesome colour to BANNED people.:(

Shlup
05-10-2003, 06:41 PM
I just don't know what to say anymore. :rolleyes2

Nait
05-10-2003, 06:46 PM
I just don't know what to say anymore. :rolleyes2

"You are absolutely right, Nait, and I will do as you have suggested".

Leeza
05-10-2003, 06:50 PM
Give then an inch and they think they're the Ruler.

Shlup
05-10-2003, 06:58 PM
Ha! Pun. I like puns.

EDIT: How 'bout THIS (http://www.eyesonff.com/shlup/omfg.htm)?

The Man
05-11-2003, 02:23 AM
That's perfect, Shlup. Well, it WOULD be perfect if only I were an RM. But since I'm not, no dice.

Leeza
05-11-2003, 02:38 AM
Not bad, but I liked it better without the glow. :)

eestlinc
05-11-2003, 07:15 AM
i'm glad to see Aaron has reduced himself to hinting that he should be a "recognized member".

Shlup
05-11-2003, 07:22 AM
That's "<font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="1" color="#FFFFFF"><font style="filter:glow(color=#F26D7D, strength=3);height=1px"><font color="#FF0000">R</font><font color="#FF9900">e</font><font color="#FFFF00">c</font><font color="#00FF00">o</font><font color="#0000FF">g</font><font color="#993399">n</font><font color="#FF0000">i</font><font color="#FF9900">z</font><font color="#FFFF00">e</font><font color="#00FF00">d</font>
<font color="#0000FF">M</font><font color="#993399">e</font><font color="#FF0000">m</font><font color="#FF9900">b</font><font color="#FFFF00">e</font><font color="#00FF00">r</font></font style></font>", thank you. *gives everybody rainbows!*

Nait
05-11-2003, 07:35 AM
OMG it is so perfect!! ;_;

edczxcvbnm
05-11-2003, 09:11 AM
Ha! Pun. I like puns.

EDIT: How 'bout THIS (http://www.eyesonff.com/shlup/omfg.htm)?

<font style="font-size: 50pt;">WHOA!</font>

That is awesome. I think everyone who has a title should have something that kicks equal ass...if not more ass than that. Maybe Knights could have some sort of spiky style writing...or something. Since we can't change what those say anyways they could be converted to a jpg or something so you don't have to create a font or something. I will post what I envision tomarrow man. This turning out to be pretty cool I must say.

Shlup
05-11-2003, 09:18 AM
Yeah, like anyone would let me get away with changing anything to glowing rainbows. Sean would come over to my house with a chainsaw.

edczxcvbnm
05-11-2003, 09:20 AM
But it looks so gnarly. Maybe try it for a week or take a general poll in general chat or something. Who knows. I am still doing my envisionment for a more kick ass title for everyone(everyone shall know your greatness knows no bounds!)

Shlup
05-11-2003, 09:29 AM
Remember to be generous with the text effects. Everyone loves those.

edczxcvbnm
05-11-2003, 09:31 AM
I totally will. I am going to go all out in PAINT...so don't expect cool stuff like the glowing text or anything. Just expect some cool looking writing mainly.

Red Wizard
05-11-2003, 10:25 AM
...which will be totally useless for this application. You'd have to open up an HTML editor (preferably notepad) and use java/HTML code to modify the text. Remeber, the ranks aren't pictures, they are just text effects.

The Man
05-11-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by eestlinc
i'm glad to see Aaron has reduced himself to hinting that he should be a "recognized member". Actually, it’s more that I wouldn’t care enough, if they made me a Knight, to bother coming around here much more often than I currently do, which isn’t enough for a Knight, for more than the first week or so (during which I’d mostly be reading all that stuff in the staff forum that I’ve wanted to see for freaking ages). If they made me an admin, and especially if they gave me FTP access on top of that, that’d be another story altogether. This place would run so much more bloody efficiently you’d be amazed.

But of course they’ll never make me an admin. So I’m just stuck here suggesting they make me a Recognized Member. rofl

In all seriousness, though, methinks EoFF needs a third admin who actually bothers to come around more often than once a week though. And preferably who knows PHP well (like me, hint hint).

Oh yes.

<font size=1><div style="filter: wave(add=0,freq=3,phase=1,lightstrength=0,strength=1);"><font color="#FF0000">R</font><font color="#FF9900">e</font><font color="#FFFF00">c</font><font color="#00FF00">o</font><font color="#0000FF">g</font><font color="#993399">n</font><font color="#FF0000">i</font><font color="#FF9900">z</font><font color="#FFFF00">e</font><font color="#00FF00">d</font> <font color="#0000FF">M</font><font color="#993399">e</font><font color="#FF0000">m</font><font color="#FF9900">b</font><font color="#FFFF00">e</font><font color="#00FF00">r</font></div></font>
Feel free to play with the settings. I can’t see how it looks at the moment, ’cause I’m not on Internet Explorer 6 for Windows or whatever the only browser that does those filters is.

escobert
05-12-2003, 05:26 PM
Yeah I think they should have a universal way of choosing recognized members and let everyone know. At first I thaught It might be if you've been a member for a long time but, I've been a member of this site since before a lot of the staff. Then I thauhgt maybe it could be that you just have to post a lot or something but nah I dunno I'm just rambling on about stupid stuff again like usual...

Loony BoB
05-12-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by The Man
Actually, it’s more that I wouldn’t care enough, if they made me a Knight, to bother coming around here much more often than I currently do, which isn’t enough for a Knight, for more than the first week or so (during which I’d mostly be reading all that stuff in the staff forum that I’ve wanted to see for freaking ages). If they made me an admin, and <I>especially</I> if they gave me FTP access on top of that, that’d be another story altogether. This place would run so much more bloody efficiently you’d be amazed.

But of course they’ll never make me an admin. So I’m just stuck here suggesting they make me a Recognized Member. rofl

In all seriousness, though, methinks EoFF needs a third admin who actually bothers to come around more often than once a week though. And preferably who knows PHP well (like me, hint hint).

I'm trying to keep composure while replying to this one.

1) You need to prove yourself as a Knight before you're made an admin, really. Same for FTP access.
2) We're as efficient as we want to be. The only reason we don't update things straight away is because we haven't come to a final decision - and that's only if there is a reason.
3) Phhhbt, nobody would be amazed. Being more efficient at EoFF would only mean you're jumping to conclusions and not giving enough discussion on matters. And FTP-wise, it's as efficient as it can get. Go look at the front page. And I'll have you know I spent over 20 hours in the weekend editing over half of the current pages in EoFF. ...much to Mandy's disgust >_>;; But yeah. :( Don't say the site isn't efficient coz right now, it's better than it's ever been, according to Unne =D
4) You haven't done anything that warrants you being a recognised member. Still.
5) Both BOU and Shlup are here everyday.
6) You make me cry.

Del Murder
05-12-2003, 09:31 PM
The Man hinting that he should be an admin is just another part of Eyeson's great personality, like ed hating FFVI or Wyllius being scary.

The Man
05-13-2003, 01:08 AM
Well, now that Bleys is back pretty much everything I said doesn't count now. I was under the impression he'd have been un-adminned for longer.

Originally posted by Loony BoB
1) You need to prove yourself as a Knight before you're made an admin, really. Same for FTP access.Yeah, understood. :p

2) We're as efficient as we want to be. The only reason we don't update things straight away is because we haven't come to a final decision - and that's only if there is a reason.
3) Phhhbt, nobody would be amazed. Being more efficient at EoFF would only mean you're jumping to conclusions and not giving enough discussion on matters. And FTP-wise, it's as efficient as it can get. Go look at the front page. And I'll have you know I spent over 20 hours in the weekend editing over half of the current pages in EoFF. ...much to Mandy's disgust >_>;; But yeah. :( Don't say the site isn't efficient coz right now, it's better than it's ever been, according to Unne =DI'm not saying it's not efficient, I'm saying it would be more efficient because at least one admin would be able to do stuff without having to ask how to do it. But again, since Bleys is an admin again, that argument is pretty much null and void. =P

4) You haven't done anything that warrants you being a recognised member. Still.loads of technical help to the admins? ah well. =P

5) Both BOU and Shlup are here everyday.yeah, I meant Sean was here once a week, not them. =P

6) You make me cry. Sorry. :aimcry:

Citizen Bleys
05-13-2003, 11:53 AM
I'm not saying it's not efficient, I'm saying it would be more efficient because at least one admin would be able to do stuff without having to ask how to do it. But again, since Bleys is an admin again, that argument is pretty much null and void. =P

BOU is now every bit as technically competent as I am.

Loony BoB
05-13-2003, 12:23 PM
Shlup's a-learnin', yup.

And she wouldn't have to ask what to do so often if you didn't make so many suggestions for hacks >=O

Citizen Bleys
05-13-2003, 02:13 PM
suggestions? Demands.

Sean would come over to my house with a chainsaw.

Can I come over to your house with a chainsaw?

Loony BoB
05-13-2003, 02:52 PM
*has been to Shlup's house and probably had the safetypin-like part of his Cheesecake Shop badge with him*
>=D

The Man
05-13-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Citizen Bleys
BOU is now every bit as technically competent as I am. I was under the impression that he barely knows any PHP whatsoever, while you knew plenty. If I was mistaken, forgive me. =P

And if it's sounded like I've been trying to belittle Shlup or BOU's efforts, then I guess I've come across the wrong way, 'cause they're doing great. :p It's just that I thought they could have used some help. =P

Ah well, you're back now so all is now as it ought to be. :)

Citizen Bleys
05-13-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Loony BoB
*has been to Shlup's house and probably had the safetypin-like part of his Cheesecake Shop badge with him*
>=D

Dude, you just killed the whole joke right there :(

Loony BoB
05-13-2003, 04:21 PM
Jealous.

escobert
05-13-2003, 04:30 PM
oh no I think the jokes still going strong xD

Burtsplurt
05-13-2003, 04:52 PM
I was under the impression that he barely knows any PHP whatsoever, while you knew plenty. If I was mistaken, forgive me. =P

And if it's sounded like I've been trying to belittle Shlup or BOU's efforts, then I guess I've come across the wrong way, 'cause they're doing great. :p It's just that I thought they could have used some help. =P

I don't think you need to know any PHP to run forums. I know diddly-squat, but I don't have too many problems. Hacks are generally explained quite clearly, and that's pretty much the only time I need to deal with PHP. I'd imagine it's the same here.

Everyone needs some help, but there's no need to brag about it/ ask to become an admin/ criticise others/ whatever. I posted some advice for you about a database back-up at FG a few weeks ago, but that's because I wanted to help. There shouldn't be any alterior motives.

The Man
05-13-2003, 05:50 PM
Yeah, good point. Then again, I've had my tongue in my cheek whenever posting here since I can remember =P

Citizen Bleys
05-13-2003, 08:27 PM
Posting seriously at EoFF ought to be a bannable offense.

The Man
05-13-2003, 08:50 PM
Posting seriously at Aiyon IS a bannable offense, I think. :p

Yamaneko
05-13-2003, 08:51 PM
There can only be so much randomness Bleys.

Aiyon is a very serious place. You just gotta find it and not pay attention to me and Raist and you'll find it, I think.

Loony BoB
05-13-2003, 08:55 PM
Posting seriously at Aiyon IS a bannable offense, I think. :p
Nah, I only ban people if they're being dorks (they only need to say sorry tho) or if I don't want them there coz they make people unhappy :(

The Man
05-13-2003, 09:06 PM
BooB and Yams should refer to this:
Then again, I've had my tongue in my cheek whenever posting here since I can remember =P Banning people because they make people unhappy seems like a good idea, actually. *considers adding this to FG's terms of service =P*

Yamaneko
05-13-2003, 09:12 PM
There is no emotion that can describe what I make people feel.

Del Murder
05-13-2003, 10:10 PM
Superior?

Yamaneko
05-13-2003, 10:13 PM
...to me? Ha.

Del Murder
05-13-2003, 10:25 PM
I rest my case.

escobert
05-14-2003, 12:01 AM
"Nah, I only ban people if they're being dorks (they only need to say sorry tho) or if I don't want them there coz they make people unhappy "

thats what they all say!

Shlup
05-14-2003, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Citizen Bleys
Can I come over to your house with a chainsaw? My house has a one Canadian limit plz. <3

And so far any hacks and template modifications I've added have been plenty easy ton install, especially since most of them say "Find this and replace with this." It's when people *coughAaroncough* don't tell me at all where it's supposed to go that I have to smack my bitch up.

Citizen Bleys
05-14-2003, 08:34 PM
Who's the other Canuck? And does s/he have a chainsaw? 'cause if not, I could remedy that situation.

Shlup
05-15-2003, 02:33 AM
My stepdad's Canadian, but I don't know if he has a chainsaw. He has like 20 other saws though, for his Canadian-ish wood-workings.

I used to have a chainsaw but my dad took it away when my sister was born 'cause we had to share a room. :/

Shoyku
05-15-2003, 05:04 AM
Well, I'm satisfied.

Yamaneko
05-15-2003, 05:11 AM
Only in IE though. :(

Citizen Bleys
05-15-2003, 12:51 PM
That explains a lot.

edczxcvbnm
05-15-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Red Wizard
...which will be totally useless for this application. You'd have to open up an HTML editor (preferably notepad) and use java/HTML code to modify the text. Remeber, the ranks aren't pictures, they are just text effects.

Just so people know. I didn't forget about my pictures but this kind of crushed the dream man. Crushed it like a bug.

Can we get the glow effect going on anyways? That would be cool no matter what.

Originally posted by Yamaneko
Only in IE though. :(

Then maybe you should use it...or something.

Shlup
05-16-2003, 03:48 AM
We can use glow effects if I get to shoot you for causing me to go crosseyed afterwards.

Endless
05-19-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Dr Unne
Bleys might've added a text field to the main admin cp somewhere where you can change the color of the ranks. I remember he added fields for the colors of admins and mods at least, unless I'm remembering completely wrong. If you can't do it in the CP you have to change it in a couple places in the php files. showthread.php probably, maybe others. I don't remember. Bleys will know if you ask him.

functions.php and a table (setting) if you want it to be easily customizable. Maybe I'll get around to make it better someday, so that it automatically matches the number of categories.

Shlup
05-19-2003, 04:54 AM
It doesn't matter anyway; there are fields for the titles in the CP.

Endless
05-19-2003, 04:12 PM
It doesn't matter anyway; there are fields for the titles in the CP.

They're here because the table 'setting' was modified. :p

Shlup
05-20-2003, 03:50 AM
Whatever the reason, the colors are easy to change. I still ain't doin' it though. :p

escobert
05-20-2003, 01:57 PM
Why won't yo do it?

Citizen Bleys
05-20-2003, 02:14 PM
Some of the title colors suck. The only thing they have going for them is that all other colors suck even more. Knights and Admins are the only ones with colors that look decent in this color scheme.

And Shlup, I think the point that Raf is trying to make is that people should stop giving me credit for his hack. He and I aren't exactly the best of friends, you know?

Dr Unne
05-20-2003, 05:04 PM
I didn't mean to give you credit if you didn't do it, sorry.

Citizen Bleys
05-20-2003, 07:05 PM
O_o You're apologizing to me? Raf's the one who got shafted out of the credit here.

Dr Unne
05-20-2003, 07:14 PM
Sorry in general, for being wrong.

Endless
05-20-2003, 07:47 PM
Stop apologizing :p

You weren't really wrong, Bleys did the practical insertion of it. I might have done the 10 lines of code it required, but he did the installation. Let's say it was a collective work.

Dr Unne
05-20-2003, 07:51 PM
Fine, I'll just take the credit myself, since I knew about its existence and whatnot. *does so*

Citizen Bleys
05-20-2003, 10:23 PM
That's Unne for you, always smoothing over the gaps :)

Big Ogre Umaro
05-20-2003, 10:57 PM
Unne, you suck for making that code, 'cuz it could all have been done with custom Profile fields. =\

escobert
05-28-2003, 05:40 PM
Uh yeah xD what he said!

Raistlin
06-07-2003, 12:28 AM
Sorry in general, for being wrong.

Stop apologizing.

And you ask me why you remind me of Alfred. :rolleyes2