PDA

View Full Version : ~Chrono Break--Are you ready?~

Khaeos Drao-Kin
05-05-2003, 06:49 AM
New information and rumors about the well-reputed third installment in the Chrono universe come out everyday. It's practically a mainstay these days...in teh world of high-profile RPG's.

My question to you is are you looking forward to it..?? What kind of innovations do you think will take place this time and will it add to the series or detract from it in both popularity and gameplay...??

And basically....Are you ready...?

edczxcvbnm
05-05-2003, 06:57 AM
I am ready for Square to DOINK things up. I want it to be good but since most of the people that worked on the first 2 games left square and now work at Monolith Soft...I don't think it will be all that great...but then again now that it is Squenix that is making it they will have everyone there from the original 'Dream Team' to make another game.

All in all this is pretty much a rumor at this point and since nothing as been announced EVER about this title I will have zero hope after E3 if it isn't announced.

Super Christ
05-05-2003, 08:18 AM
Yeah, I'm hoping they get the dream team together for it. Or at the very least, Yasunori Mitsuda on music, Akira Toriyama on character design, and Masato Kato on story design. Hopefully they will announce something at E3. Or the Tokyo Games show. No solid information, just a little teaser so that there's difinitive proof that they're working on it.

Imperia
05-06-2003, 02:00 AM
I hope Chrono Break will still be related to the two previous games. I also hope the story won't have so many plot holes like Chrono Cross did. Hopefully, all of the unanswered questions from Chrono Cross will be revealed in Chrono Break.

Yamaneko
05-06-2003, 05:25 AM
I think they can pull it off. I don't know if it'll be the greatness that Chrono Cross was, but that remains to be seen. Can't wait.

CombatReady
05-09-2003, 09:18 PM
Personally, I can't wait to get more definitive info on this game. I think that it's gonna be another great installment in the Chrono series. Well, maybe hope would be the word to use instead, seeing as there hasn't been any hard proof about this game, aside from the title.

SuperPac
05-16-2003, 07:33 AM
Aha! But you are mistaken! Electronics Gaming Monthly's Quarterman had an inside source that confirmed it WAS being made, but that's all the information they could give. Also, Chrono Break isn't the definite title (name, whatever), but it mostly likely will wind up the final title.

I absolutely cannot wait, what with Chrono Trigger being my fave RPG, and Chrono Cross being way up there. Yeah, Chrono Cross did have alot of plot holes, but that leaves for speculation! That's what I enjoy about Square titles the most...

And hmm... what are they going to do this time? They've done time, dimensional portals... what's next? A mixture of the two? Or something else I just haven't thought of? I was thinking perhaps they'd do time again, but this time use the manipulation of events to a much broader extent, even going so far as having things different based on who you talked to in the past. If you didn't talk to "Bob" in the past, then maybe his desendants won't remember you. But if you did talk to "Bob," then maybe he will have a grandchild named after you, or something like that. It will take a lot of work, but I'd love to see something like that!

Dignified Pauper
06-09-2003, 06:07 AM
I heard a nasty rumor that it wasn't going to revolve around CT or CC storyline, but instead stay in the same world involving a new threat to the world. Certain char. would make an appearance, many as NPCs. CT's storyline would be more into the plot than CC's but nothing major enough for someone to need to play CC in order to understand it. One of my friends told me this, where he got it, i didn't ask, but i thought i'd throw it out there as a nother rumor.

Super Christ
06-09-2003, 10:42 AM
That would actually be a good thing I think - so that it's not just another, "Oh look, it seems we didn't beat Lavos after all, do de do do."

Most of the rest of this post is Chrono Cross spoilers, so don't read it if you don't want to be spoiled.

I would personally like to see some attempt made to save Crono, Marle, and Lucca's lives in the next one. There are two different possibilities for this. First off, there's Frog and Ayla. Because there were drawings of them done in Lucca's home by the children she was taking care of, leads me to think that everyone still kept in touch after Chrono Trigger. So, Frog and Ayla go through whatever Gates they go through, or use the Epoch, or however they ended up visiting, get to the present, and see that something horrible has happened to their old teammates. I would imagine they'd want to do something about it. Although probably what happened is Lucca held onto the Epoch, so whenever they visited she went and got them, or something along those lines; meaning they'd never actually find out what happened.

The second possibility is Magus. While he wasn't a team player, and I really can't see him caring enough about his old comrades to try and save them, I also can't imagine either Kid or Schala not asking him to try and save them, if Magus ever found either of them. Since the whole purpose of Magus' life was to destroy Lavos as revenge for taking him away from Schala, I think that even though he doesn't care about his old teammates, he'd still try and save them if Schala\Kid asked him to. I like this second option better, not because I think Magus is cool (Lucca is so much cooler), but rather because it does a better job of tying Chrono Cross in there. There is a small amount of evidence in Chrono Cross that the *official* way things went is that Magus lived through the end of Chrono Trigger; specifically, in the children's drawing of Frog he was still a frog, implying that Magus wasn't defeated and the curse wasn't broken. The other thing is that in her letter to Kid, Lucca mentioned that Janus was searching for her - which is not something he could very well be doing if he was dead.

Anyway, there's my 2 cents.

Dignified Pauper
06-09-2003, 04:15 PM
If you think about it though, you could have killed magus i believe... Or maybe you beat him and he ran off, i don't remember cuz i always had him join my party.

from my understanding, the storyline would focus around brand new heroes with no ties to the old heroes who many would never be mentioned. The ones that were are to be NPC's or join your party during a certain section of the game for a very short time. Who knows. I'm guess that Schala/Kid is in it. Also I'm guessing that Lavos is mentioned but no longer exists. Who really knows. There have been so many "information leaks" and rumors started its hard to guess... I'm still waiting for Dragon Warrior IV to be released for PSX in America.

MagicKnight Locke
06-09-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Super Christ
Yasunori Mitsuda on music
Wahh.Why not Nobou Uematsu >_<

edczxcvbnm
06-09-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by locke lionheart

Because that guy sucks.

SuperPac
06-10-2003, 03:08 AM
The second possibility is Magus. While he wasn't a team player, and I really can't see him caring enough about his old comrades to try and save them, I also can't imagine either Kid or Schala not asking him to try and save them, if Magus ever found either of them. Since the whole purpose of Magus' life was to destroy Lavos as revenge for taking him away from Schala, I think that even though he doesn't care about his old teammates, he'd still try and save them if Schala\Kid asked him to. I like this second option better, not because I think Magus is cool (Lucca is so much cooler), but rather because it does a better job of tying Chrono Cross in there. There is a small amount of evidence in Chrono Cross that the *official* way things went is that Magus lived through the end of Chrono Trigger; specifically, in the children's drawing of Frog he was still a frog, implying that Magus wasn't defeated and the curse wasn't broken. The other thing is that in her letter to Kid, Lucca mentioned that Janus was searching for her - which is not something he could very well be doing if he was dead.

I rather like this idea.

But as I asked before, what would be the basis around the game? Time travel? Dimensions? A mix? Something else? Please, thoughts!

Super Christ
06-10-2003, 04:09 AM
Well, trying to save Crono, Marle, and Lucca's lives would require *some* kind of time travel element, but other than that, I'd be happy even if there was no time, dimensional, or other kind of travel. Just as long as it's well done. A space travel element to find out where Lavos came from would be interesting (and the only way Lavos can have a central role without it starting to feel like the Dark Force from Phantasy Star), but I can't think of a way that it could be done well. For the most part, I just want them to wrap it up in the next game or two - while it'd be kind of sad to see them finish the series, it shouldn't be dragged on forever or else it will start to suck.

Originally posted by locke lionheart
Two reasons. First, Mitsuda did the music for Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, and Radical Dreamers. He should continue with the next chrono game. Second, while I don't think Nobou Uematsu sucks, Mitsuda is much, much better than Uematsu.

Originally posted by Indelacio
If you think about it though, you could have killed magus i believe... Or maybe you beat him and he ran off, i don't remember cuz i always had him join my party.

from my understanding, the storyline would focus around brand new heroes with no ties to the old heroes who many would never be mentioned. The ones that were are to be NPC's or join your party during a certain section of the game for a very short time. Who knows. I'm guess that Schala/Kid is in it. Also I'm guessing that Lavos is mentioned but no longer exists. Who really knows. There have been so many "information leaks" and rumors started its hard to guess... I'm still waiting for Dragon Warrior IV to be released for PSX in America.
I know you could choose to kill Magus. I'm just saying that it looks like the official way things went is you let him live - there is a small amount of evidence you let him live, and no evidence you didn't. That hardly proves that he did live, but it tips the scales a little in favor of it.

Also, nearly all the characters from Chrono Cross could go completely unmentioned and I wouldn't care. The only characters that *really* mattered were Serge, Kid, Lynx, and Harle, and the next game could probably get away with not mentioning Lynx or Harle. Cross got away without mentioning Frog or Ayla, after all.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-10-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Super Christ
I know you could choose to kill Magus. I'm just saying that it looks like the official way things went is you let him live - there is a small amount of evidence you let him live, and no evidence you didn't. That hardly proves that he did live, but it tips the scales a little in favor of it.The official FMV ending of Chrono Trigger shows Frog reverted to his human form. Thus, it would seem official that Magus died.

Super Christ
06-11-2003, 02:11 PM
That may be, but Chrono Cross seems to hint that things went differently, and I'll take anything in Chrono Cross before that video. The main point is, is that Magus' continued survival shouldn't be discounted at least until they finally do make Chrono Break.

DelightfulSpekkio442
06-12-2003, 08:33 PM
Actually, didn't someone point out a while ago that the title is actually Chrono Brake? If so, then I think that would be an item, just like the Chrono Trigger and the Chrono Cross were both items. It sounds like something that can be used to stop time.

~MJE~

Harlemoonbeams
06-13-2003, 12:38 AM
Oi,
Another Chrono........
I ain't ready fer it! I'm still in awe from Chrono Cross! I loved Kid! But seriously I don't think they can pull it off!

playaGAW
06-13-2003, 07:33 AM
If they copyrighted the name for the game doesn't neccissarily mean they will make it. I just hope Magus and the four devas make an appearance. I would also like to see the whole world in this gam unlike in CC. Seeing the world in the year 1999 would be a good idea. Space travel also sounds interesting.

Shinrin
06-30-2003, 09:04 PM
They might evenutally release it in 2004, 2005 if they did like they did the other CT 1995, CC2000, CB? 2005?