PDA

View Full Version : i need help again

Iori
05-06-2003, 05:38 AM
im stuck at the tainted cardinal scene... what do i do? i have a samurai, who for some reason, cant use any draw out abilities.. his second is guts. (ramza of course),
I have Mustadio, w engineer mastered, and item as a second, Agrias, with Holy Knight mastered, and item as a second, and my brand new lancer, w no lance, and no way to buy a new weapon.. plus one black chocobo, who my ramza normally rides.. btw, id like to figure out why ramza cant use draw out... hes using dual bizen boats........ the cardinal used nightmare like 3 times, and completely assraped me

Calvin
05-06-2003, 06:20 AM
Has he learned Bizen Boat in the Draw Out menu? And if he has, do you have any other Bizen Boats besides the two equipped? Because in order for Draw Out to work, the character needs to use an unequipped sword to cast the "spell".

As for Cardinal Draclau (sp?), I think speed and distance are the most important things. You need your characters to be fast so they can act before he can. You should also make sure that each of your characters are spaced out from one another, otherwise that Nightmare attack is a real pain. My strategy is to have one person that has learned either Holy or Flare and cast it on him and run like hell. You should try to make the battle as short as possible, since the longer it drags on, the worse things get.

Oh....and get rid of that Lancer. Because until he has a lance, he's pretty useless. Or you could do Equip Sword and use the Jump Ability. But calculating the cardinal's moves are kind of tough for Jumping.

Iori
05-06-2003, 08:01 AM
fortunately, i assraped the cardinal.. unfortunately.. i lost my Summoner, who mastered summon skills... after i learned how easy it was to kill the cardinal... speed just as you said, it was too late.. for i had overwritten my save, which i always somehow manage to do.. thanks for the info on the draw out thing... didnt know that.. and my lancer now has a mithril spear, so shell be kicking ass... My black chocobo saved my ass though.. he does a pretty much unguardable, uncounterable, unblockable, guaranteed 98 damage to the cardinal w choco ball.... my only problem was my sleeping ppl from nmare... what a bitch he is :evilking: Thanks again for the help.. and if its not too much to ask, what do i do about the zodiac stones? are they useful for somehting?? and, should i hold off untill reis and beowulf , for casters, If, that is, they cast, which i assume they do... *excuse my hastiness/hyperactiveness, im like,... coked up.. but on coffee, cause coke is too expensive :D

all the help you could give me would be.......... helpful (monty python & the holy grail :D )

Calvin
05-06-2003, 08:57 AM
Well, you can't really do anything with the stones. Just think of them as the rare items in other FFs. Later on you'll understand the importance of them, but you don't really use them in battle for anything. And as for that sleeping thing, I just have someone throw a stone at them.

I would suggest getting someone else to become a caster instead of waiting because Beowolf and Reis (whom I don't usually use) show up pretty late in the game. Or you could just change your fighting style and try without a summoner. Maybe you have someone who's somewhat proficient in the art of Black Magic? ;)

Iori
05-06-2003, 10:42 AM
*cries* yes, i did have someone, who was...superficient in the ways of black magic...the summoner i lost... her second skill was black magic...nearly mastered too.. i just needed like.. countermagic and poison.. and maybe one other one... seeing as how i didnt wanna wait around, i tried fighting my way through the levels, and found that, a black chocobo, a knight w dual swords, Agrias, and Mustadio are all i need... mustadio is awesome... i love snipe arm and leg... theyre the best.. and agrias has masterd Holy knight... i like holy explosion, and lightning stab... stasis is ok, but im not a fan of crush punch.. and ramza, whom i renamed Vivi :D, wasnt doing well as a lancer, or samurai, so i made him a night, with the two sword ninja abilty i had.... mucho power, man.. hes got all diamond gear right now... but yeah, i dont think ill need a caster till later, if ever.. but my female knight, whom i havent mentioned... sucks ass. she has a p-bag, and does like.....30 dmg... and pbags are a huge waste of cash, im so sorry i ever bought one.. off to sleep now.. its 430 am.. tommorow i wake to TACTICS!!! i just gone done thwarting the evil plans of the assholes, whom names i forget (im tired).. The guys at Orbonne Monastery,... and that one dude, who used the Z-Stone to turn into a big ugly mufukka... i CANT WAIT to kick his ass...

:evilking: peace... merry sinco de mayo to all, and to all a good night!!! :love: :eek: :mad2: :mad: :grr: :) :( :o :D :rolleyes2 :tongue: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog:

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-06-2003, 04:42 PM
Sounds like your near or just past the point of no return......

theres a point where once you go past it there is no way to get back to the world map to buy stuff or get into random battles.

Try to have as many Save blocks as possible (I use 3)and save on a differnt one each time so that you never save over your game.

Iori
05-06-2003, 07:20 PM
an exotic wizard pulled me over in Dorter, and asked me if i read the book... Do I, like, me, Phil, have to physically read this book, via TV screen? if so, how do i get to it.. thanks for the save advice, i started to use 2 last night just before i went to bed... as i have said in the past... my aim screenname is the same as the one here, spacing and all.... ill be playing tactics all day probably,but im near the computer, and the volumes turned up in case i get an IM

Peace,
Phil

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-06-2003, 08:13 PM
Yes you Phil need to physicaly read it.

It is important to the story however I have a friend who doesnt even read the text in RPG's so I guess its not like it can MAKE you read it.

If you want to read it go To the World map and Go to the Tutorial. In there Somwhere there is somthing Called the Germonk Scriptures. Read that....

Try reading it twice actually.

You'll probably need to read it more than twice....

Its not too long but it is a couple of pages.

Calvin
05-06-2003, 10:49 PM
From what I remember, I think the Germonik Scriptures is in the Brave story under Treasures.

Iori
05-07-2003, 01:21 AM
Hey guys!!! guess what?? Im :skull::skull::skull::skull:ED!!!! CAPITAL F :skull::skull::skull::skull:ED!!! I am stuck on Velius..... Damn his minions!! dman them to hell!!! Oh wait,... thats where they came from.... i am smack in the middle of the point of no return.. all i have is a Geomancer w/ item, Agrias w/item, Mustadio w/item, and Ramza (knight) w/item... I refuse to restart!!! there has got to be some way to kill Velius!

I still have a save game at Yardow Fort City, before the chaos began... but, how will i ever kill that :skull::skull::skull::skull:?! im gunna go lvl up now, but im supremely pissed off... i threw my controller (it split, but didnt break) thank god, because thats my only one... i threw my chair, the backing to it came off.. oh well, noone ever sits there anyways.. plus its an uncomfortable computer desk chair, which i can replace with like.. a dining room chair... anyways, what the hell should i do??!! i assume, raise another squire, and change that geomancer to, lets say,.... actually i dunno.. ive never even qualified for a dancer, bard, calculator, or mime, let alone used one.. should i be using them?? and another thing... is it possible to use the mediator skill invite on Velius's minions??? if so, the odds can be stacked 7 to 1 in my favor.. if not, its ??? to 4.... funny thing is, no matter what ??? is, itll most likely be in Velius' s favor.... im getting ideas as im typing, as well... Frog on his minions?.... seal evil on his minions?? i just wanna kill his minions, cause 2 shots form dark holy can kill ramza, and hes pretty badass.. dual diamond swords, diamond armor, diamond helmet, and some bracelet.. heh, probly diamond bracelet :D.. anyways, id like replys ASAP, cause i have like... 2 more days to kill velius before i loose all hope... but when i say 2 days i mean about 40 actual playing hours... considering today... 7:17 pm.. il probly play another 4 or 5 hours tonight... another 14 tommorow, and another 10 or so thursday.. ok i lied.. its like 30 give or take.. nothing coffee and sugar wont help...

Calvin
05-07-2003, 01:33 AM
Haha.....sorry to laugh at you, but you just got as frustrated as everyone else who played the game. Welcome to the hardest boss in the game: Velius. He's a real pain. I recently played against him (took me three or four times to beat him), and here was my team. I had Ramza with two swords (either Geomancer or Knight, can't remember), a Ninja, a Monk, Lancer, and A Summoner with White Magic. Now everyone had their second ability as Item, White Magic, or Punch Art so that they could revive the fallen characters. This seems to work, even though it took me quite a few tries. Also, I found that attacking his minions first is a good way to go. Because even if they kill a few of you, there's only one guy left. And since everyone had the ability to revive, it's gets a little easier. But trust me, I know how you feel. I hate Velius.

Iori
05-07-2003, 02:46 AM
is it possible to invite his minions to yur team w a mediator??? if so, cool... if not, holy it is.. i got two new chars, and trashed my geo.... my new guys are Mercutio and Becca.. Fittingly, mercutios gonna be a Mediator w/ White magic... Becca is going to be a Summoner w/ BlackMagic...well, time to go kick some more ass.. ill check back later *adds calvin to buddy list*

Iori
05-07-2003, 07:23 AM
Ok my new and improved team as of 1:12am cst, wednesday, may 7th....

Ramza: lvl 40sumthin (low 40s)
Knight
Throw
Autopotion
two swords
Float

Agrias: lvl 30sumthin (high 30s)
Holy Knight
Item
Autopotion
Throw Item
--i forgot--

Mustadio: lvl 30sumthin (high 30s)
Engineer
Item
Autopotion
--forgot--
--forgot--

Becca: lvl 10
Summoner
Black Magic
Autopotion
--forgot--
Float

Mercution: lvl 10
Mediator
White Magic
Autopotion
--forgot--
Teleport

I plan on getting the sing ability for ramza, to replace throw, and the math skill ability for Becca, to replace black... i think ill leave Agrias and Mustadio alone, unless someone posts good reason why i should change them.......Goddamn Velius... i dont have the old problem of just plain old sucking... my two lvl 10s should get to at least 20 before i try Velius again... plus he kept Clopsing and petrefying everyone... i still havent tried inviting his minions, because on this last try, i raped them oh-so-easily :D

wish me luck, imma level up a lil more after this break...

SmoshCuch
05-07-2003, 12:36 PM
A couple good characters to beat Velious:

I had Ramza set with Damage Split (Autopotion works too) & using a Blood Sword (stolen earlier from Gafgarion). This is not the most powerful weapon around at this point, but it does absorb HP. With these 2 things, Ramza was fully healed when Wiegraf went down & Velius came out to play.

Ninja with Battle skill. Double sword attacks make quick work of the Archaic Demons & double breaks minimize the threat from Velius.

Summoner with Math. Hide this guy in the back while the fighters close in & take all the damage. He can quickly heal or Flare the Archaics while they charge a spell. (Don't try Holy, for some reason Archaic Demons are about the only enemies I have ever seen evade Holy.)

Velius is tough, but if you can take down his Archaics & land a double Speed Break, he's all yours.

Try Sing, but I find it pretty worthless. The spells take a long time to execute & just aren't that powerful. At least train Move+3, so it'll be worthwhile if you decide you don't like Sing either. Also, try to avoid levelling much while you're a Bard - they have the worst stat growth of any class in the game.

If you should decide to stick with Throw, set Ramza with a Move+ ability. Throw range is equal to your Move range, so Move+1/+2/+3 will extend your Throw range.

I assume you mean that you'll leave Agrias & Mustadio alone until after Velius. They should work fine as is. After that, of course you'll want to change them simply to train additional reaction, support, & move skills, even if you don't want to train more skill sets.

Good luck.

SmoshCuch
05-07-2003, 12:50 PM
Oh yeah, and don't bother trying to Invite Archaic Demons, Ultima Demons, or Apandas - it is impossible. Invite also won't work on any story-related NPC, whether enemy or guest.

Boss characters & Demons are also immune to alot of status anomolies. Sleep, Don't Act, Frog, Death, Death Sentence, Confusion, Doubt Faith are generally worthless on bosses. Slow, Blind, Chicken/Foxbird will usually work. (With Foxbird or Chicken, you can reduce Brave to 0, but they will not turn into chickens. Does eliminate their reaction skills though.)

Good luck again.

Iori
05-07-2003, 06:36 PM
thanks Smosh, its really helpful...A little too late to be steailing Gafgarions sword, as he is long gone..*I pray for this, because hes never a hard fight, just an annoying one* and my ramza , using autopotion :mog: // X-Potion, was only about 80 hp short of full, which is cool w me... Im not taking Velius on for a while, but i do plan on getting bard/ possibly dancer/ and calc , before i set foot on velius's throne of despair.(heh, thats good im gunna remember that :p)

well, im gunna go shower, and ill be leveling all day w/ aol messenger on.. peace

I also discovered that after grog hill (sp?), new weapons and armor were available.. forgot to mention that..

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-07-2003, 06:51 PM
To kill velius now: (You may not like this but it will deffinatly work)

Get Accumulate and also Yell if it is avalable for Ramza as a Squire. And get rid of all potions except X-potions and make sure you have a bunch.

Then Be a Knight with Guts as secondary and Auto potion and Two swords.

Now When fighting wiegraph the auto potions will keep you alive will you try and run away and keep from getting hit.

On your turns accumulate. For at least 20 turns. Maybey like 50.

Do this for awile till you will be very strong. Then kill weigraph in one hit and then when velius comes you should be able to RAPE HIM (COMPLEATLY OBLITERATE!!) him in one hit also.

The two swords is to insure that you dont miss and also 2 hits is better than one.

Iori
05-07-2003, 10:02 PM
rofl ramza already is a knight w guts and two swords, who in turn has guts masterd, but Wiegraf is NOT the problem... Velius is... i already use the hit and run tactic on wiegraf.. he goes down in less than two turns.. BUT.. your method is better,because with that, ill be using accumulate when hes 1 guy - wiegraf, not 4 guys - velius, and his butt buddies.... thank you for the advice.. now mustadio and agrias are like lvl 43 and ramza is like 48.. my newbies are lvl 17 and 20, and i plan to lvl them further.. as far as X potions go, thats all i have in the ways of items, besides remedies (40), Phoenix downs (50), Hi-Ethers (50), and the X potions themselves (99)....so im set on items... oh by the way, did i mention that i hate p-bags?! cause i do.. :p

Dual Blade Siberian
05-07-2003, 10:54 PM
For some reason, I always had Ramza as a Monk with Two Swords at this point. I might suggest changing the Ninja into a monk as well, with Two Swords, of course. You'd be surprised at how strong a Monk with Two Swords is. Almost, if not stronger than a Knight, and much faster as well. Just equip Autopotion and attack Wiegraf from afar with Earth Slash, using Accumulate and Yell periodically. Then when Velius rears his ugly head, just run behind him and beat the crap of him. With two Monks, you should be able to get both of their attacks in before the Arachaic Demons can get a spell off. Then, have Agrias attack with strong sword skills or have mages use Flare and Holy. Don't even bother with the Archaic Demons; the fight's over when you defeat Velius.

Iori
05-08-2003, 04:43 AM
new and improved..

Ramza: Knight
Guts
Autopotion (99 X-potions)
Two Swords
Float??? (dont know yet)

Agrias: Holy Knight
Item (Remdies, X's, Hi-Ethers, and such)
Autopotion
Throw Item
Float??? (dunno)

Mustadio: Engineer
Sing (I've nearly masterd bard)
Autopotion
Equip Armor
Float??? (dunno)

Mercutio: Mediator
Sing (nearly masterd for him too)
Autopotion
??? (forgot)
??? (forgot)

Becca: Summoner
*** soon to be dance
Autopotion
??? (forgot)
??? (forgot)

I like having two bards.. one for last song, one for nameless song... and the dancer?? dunno wether i want last dance or nameless dance..
Agrias and Mustadio are just security, in case big bad Ramza is unable to handle things.

Suggestions? Other than yelling many times.. that i will do.. but.. backup maybe?? It seems quite suddenly that Agrias went from support, to leadign the attacks.. she went, in like... 3 levels, from doing 98 dmg on stasis sword, and 130 on lightning stab, to 180-200 on stasis sword, and 250 or so lightning stab.. and its persistant.. its not like she did that much damage one or two times, shes continuously handing out indescriminate spankings to my foes.. ill report later

SmoshCuch
05-08-2003, 01:18 PM
The weapon power of Agrias' sword helps determine the damage she does. I'm guessing you recently upgraded her sword, which would explain her sudden power-up.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-08-2003, 06:59 PM
You know what?

Why dont you just break Weigraphs sword then he will hardly do any damage to you while you are accumulating.

Iori
05-08-2003, 09:33 PM
i thought of that too, Nakor... Nevertheless my recent additions (Mercutio and Becca) are both at lvl 36, i forget what Agrias and Mustadio are at.. most likely 48.... And ramza is now at lvl 55, with math skill masterd.. a couple hundred more and bard will be masterd too..the only classes i dont have masterd, that are available, are archer, thief, and summoner....In about an hour, im going to get back to it, cause today has been kind of a break, since ive been playing nearly 24/7 for a week now

Shortybomb
05-08-2003, 11:53 PM
Best, though kinda cheap, way to kill Velius is the yell/accumulate plan. Just yell till you have 40 speed then accumulate till you have 30+ physics attack, then wait till after wiegraf has one turn and kill him in one hit. The following turn, after velius comes out, you will have like 8 turns before anyone else, which more than enough to kill velius.

You can also do this with a bard though the % for the songs to land is less, but its good if your doing a Dancer or Bard SCC.

Night_Sword
05-08-2003, 11:58 PM
Err... Wiegraf has Maintenance so no breaky for you.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-09-2003, 02:25 AM
Ahhh Right!!

Thanks Night_Sword that explains why I never tried that strat before.

fnors
05-11-2003, 12:03 AM
Here is the way i kill wiegraf/velius : Have ramza in the class you wish him to master (or level a lot) then equip every item that boost speed and movement range.
His second skill should be guts (yell and acumulate are a must), give him move +1 or higher.
In the fight, use yell at every turn but stay at a square of two (or more) from him and his lightning stab. After a while using Yell you should be able to act 7 time before he act once. at that point use acumulate to have 50 to 99 power (99 give lots of sp and xp). then, then wait his turn. After his move, get behind him and strike (1-2 hit kill), he will morph but you still have 5 turn left before anyone move. get back him and strike (again 1-2 hit kill) and Ta-dam! you have killed Velius and mastered (or near) the class of Ramza.

Iori
05-11-2003, 05:25 AM
mmmmmmmmmmm.. no offense but.. i would consider that wonderful advice, had not 3 ppl said the same thing before you... lol:D

by the way.. for a break from tactics.. (it was drvinng me insane).. I bought Capcom Vs SNK pro... fun fun silly willy and a baggoe of potatoe chips.., though it is confusing me as to why, a custom colored character costs all for spaces in your team.. for gods sake, its just color!!!! its not like you cutomized his speed or physical attack.. sheesh

Iori
05-15-2003, 07:51 AM
ok.. i buttraped velius, saved it afterwards and turned it off... i want for my full attention to be on the game tommorow when i watch the next cutscene!!

Gregory
08-15-2003, 03:28 PM
Ahh,yes the Yell/Accumulate strategy. I can name tons of pros for this:

1. You only need Yell, Accumulate, Auto-Potion, and possibly Move HP-UP. Cheap skills indeed.

2. You get totally tons of JP and experience.

3. Yes, you can rape Velius in one hit w/ 999 damage along with Weigraf.

You can also equip Chameleon Robe so his Holy attacks will heal you, or try Math Skill/Flare or Holy or both.

If you're me, then you'll raise it to 50 Speed, 100 Brave, and 99 Physical Attack. You can try a lousy class of which you need JP for. I suggest Summoner or any kind of mage.