PDA

View Full Version : The FFX-2 Soundtrack.

Blackmage
05-06-2003, 06:04 PM
Alright, I went to FFO and found their review of the FFX-2 soundtrack. They said it was absolute crap and overly repetitive. Opinions on it? I'd like to know before I begin to consider getting the soundtrack to this game.

Kupo
05-06-2003, 06:54 PM
Well, my friend just sent me the whole soundtrack over instant message (took like 3 hours, ugh) and I have to say that I am only somewhat impressed. The songs seemed to fall into one of two catagories... either they were slower, ballad-like songs, or they were upbeat funky songs. There is an abundance of piano on the soundtrack. Not that piano is bad, there is just a lot of it.

However there are several songs that are really great! There's a great song with a choral backround called "Akagi Tai" which reminds me a little of the end of FFVII. Also, there is the orchestral version of "1000 No Kotoba" which I could just listen to over and over. Same lyrics, but with a much fuller backround sound, and not so pop-like. There are also a few of those "boss battle" tracks that are very intense, my favorite being "Gekitotsu".

After listening to all the songs on the soundtrack (and there are MANY) I'd give it an overall rating of 6 out of 10. However, this is mostly personal preference and you might like it more or less. I'd suggest you try and download some of the songs over a file-share program like Kazaa or something similar. If you want, I could even send some of the files to you!

Hopefully lots of people will review the soundtrack so you can get a good rounded perspective! Good luck!! :moggie:

Darkness Auron
05-22-2003, 09:50 AM
can anyone help me translating the title of each soundtrack..
i want to change the id tag to english..
i tried to translate some but some of them i can't even read the kanji.
so..

Shuin
05-22-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Darkness Auron
can anyone help me translating the title of each soundtrack..
i want to change the id tag to english..
i tried to translate some but some of them i can't even read the kanji.
so..

Alrighty.....

Disc I:

01 - Eternity ~ Memory of Lightwaves ~
02 - Real Emotion
03 - Yu-Ri-Pa Fight I
04 - Yuna's Theme
05 - Yu-Ri-Pa Fight II
06 - Mission Complete
07 - Sphere Hunter (Gullwing Group)
08 - Mission Start
09 - Mount Gagazet
10 - Yu-Ri-Pa Fight III
11 - Game Over
12 - Madam Le Blanc Has Everything!
13 - I'll Give You Something Hot!
14 - Shuin's Theme
15 - Besaid
16 - Kilika
17 - Luca
18 - Mi'ihen Highway
19 - Mushroom Rock Road
20 - Youth Alliance
21 - Machina Faction
22 - Guadosalam
23 - Thunder Plains
24 - Macalania Forest
25 - Bikanel Desert
26 - New Yevon Party
27 - Calm Lands
28 - Zanarkand Ruins
29 - Sphere Hunter
30 - Temple
31 - Tension

Disc II:

01 - March Of The Gullwing Group
02 - Great Existence
03 - Good Night
04 - Anxiety
05 - Infiltration to Le Blanc's mansion!
06 - Rikku's Theme
07 - Chocobo
08 - Paine's Theme
09 - Bevelle's Secret
10 - Under Bevelle
11 - Yuna's Ballad
12 - Help Store (Gullwing Group)
13 - It's Our Turn Now!
14 - Labyrinth
15 - Confusion
16 - Summoned Beast
17 - Abyss Of The Farplane
18 - Eternity - Memory of Lightwaves (Macalania's Band performance)
19 - 1000 Words
20 - Cave's Nightmare
21 - Akagi Team (Or Crimson Justice Team??)
22 - Starting Vegnagun
23 - Clash
24 - Death Match
25 - Destruction
26 - Demise
27 - 1000 Words (Piano Version)
28 - Ending (Until The Day We Meet Again)
29 - 1000 Words (Orchestra Version)
30 - Epilogue (Reunion)

Here you are, sastified? He he....

~*Princess-Garnet*~
05-22-2003, 10:31 PM
I just got the soundtrack today and listening to it as I type. I think it is really good.

Enigma
05-22-2003, 11:45 PM
It sucks compared to other FF soundtracks but it's really good compared to some other games. Most songs sound like something from a racing game...The new chocobo theme is weird...I like it...1000 Words in my opinion is the best song.

Shuin
05-23-2003, 01:46 AM
Mmm... some theme had change. Like when you win a battle and Chocobo theme. Loss it's own tone. Specially Chocobo theme I even cannot recognize it.

Not all soundtrack at worse. My favorite list are..

Disc I
====
Eternity - Memory of Lightwaves
Real Emotion
I'll Give You Something Hot!
Besaid
Machina Faction
Calm Lands
Zanarkand Ruins

Disc II
=====
Rikku's Theme
Chocobo
Paine's Theme
Under Bevelle
Yuna's Ballad
Abyss Of The Farplane (Took a part from 1000 Words ^^; )
Eternity - Memory of Lightwaves (Macalania's Band)
1000 Words
Akagi Team
1000 Words (Piano Version)
1000 Words (Orchestra Version)

monkeymoogle
05-29-2003, 06:19 AM
I really think they should have stuck with Nobuo Uematsu (FF music God..) as the music creator for FFX-2. :tongue:

Jalbrean
05-29-2003, 07:50 AM
I really dig the soundtrack. It has a very upbeat poppy feel that's different. It seems to fit the overall feel the game was going for. Even then there are some great slow songs.

All in all B+ for me.

Roogle
05-29-2003, 11:12 PM
I talked to Val while he was writing that review, and I agree with most of what he said, although I liked a few more tracks than he did...

MJN SEIFER
06-04-2003, 03:42 PM
I went on a web site listend to the Chocobo song but it's NOTHING like a chocobo song!! It SUXORS

*Click-Click-click* UHHH!

Blackmage
06-04-2003, 04:50 PM
Well, I finally went out and downloaded the soundtrack. ...Holy. Crap. Can you say, "Major suckage?" Freakin' crap, this soundtrack is a disgrace to FF music.

To me, it seems like they tried to mix too many different types of music altogether in some of these pieces. Like track 19 for example, it has a piano/woodwind melody but with a strange jazzy/techno-y background percussion. They just don't go together.

And WHAT THE FRIGGIN' HECK IS UP WITH THE CHOCOBO THEME?!?!?!?! That's a disgrace to chocobo music! Listening to it makes me want to hit something.

Real Emotion just sucks. Geez, Eyes on Me was so much better than Real Emotion. 1000 no Kotoba is okay; it's not bad, but it's not spectacular. Generic slow pop stuff: just...eh.

So far, the whole thing, except the first track and the Gagazet theme, gets the goose egg in my opinion; even then, those two tracks are just okay.

Just from listening to the soundtrack, it makes not want to buy the game. I'll probably just rent it to see if I even want to bother with it.

And if Square happens to be reading this... BRING BACK NOBUO UEMATSU PLEASE!! And if you guys want to make another sequel to another FF, please put at least as much, if not, more effort into it as you did for the initial game. Or I'll be forced to go kick you people in the shin.

...To those of you who like the soundtrack, please tell me which tracks you like.

MJN SEIFER
06-05-2003, 03:24 PM
That's a disgrace to chocobo music!

Exactly it's just some idiot Clickin' there god damn fingers!!

THIS is what the Chcobo Theme sounds like!

Bit of a difference eh?

It doesn't work but we ALL know what it's like!