PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of remaking FF3j

Dragonfire
05-06-2003, 06:55 PM
I was thinking about remaking ff3j while i was testing out something in Rm2k3. The only problem I would have is that I suck at sprite drawing. So if anyone is interested in doing that, or starting a ff3j project, post here.

Flying Mullet
05-06-2003, 07:00 PM
What kind of ideas do you have for the remake? Is it just going to be a sprite update or will there be other things added/removed/revamped as well?

Dragonfire
05-06-2003, 07:12 PM
well sprite updating is obvious. fixing any bugs that were in it. maybe some other changes, but I wanna keep it true to the original. This project was just an idea I been playin around with for a little bit. Right now, I'm looking for input about whether this will be a good project or not.

I can easily do most of the map making, but sprite drawing is out of the question for me.

Bahamut2000X
05-07-2003, 12:09 AM
I don't know if I could help at all, but I could say look for someone maybe to update the music quality. Or look for remixes by other people with better quality. I know www.vgmusic.com has a good deal of the FFIII music. Good to check that site out for the music.

Faris_the_guy
05-07-2003, 12:41 AM
If its for Playstation ill play it, but i cant play on the computer cause i dont know how to do emulatur:grr:

Seifer
05-07-2003, 12:50 AM
I don't know...you might have some trouble with the battle system. Although, RM2k3 has that neato class thing, so it's could quite possibly be really easy to do. Now getting the freaking guys to do over 1000 damage could be tricky. I still can't get characters to break it, even with RM2k3.

Anyway, I'm not too good with making sprites from scratch, so I probably wouldn't really be able to help you. Actually, modifying the old sprites...nah, I'm sure you'd want a more sleek look like they did with FFO.

Dragonfire
05-07-2003, 01:45 PM
the max dmg for one strike in rm2k3 is 9999, same with HP. the battle system in rm2k3 is almost exactly what i'll need.

as for the playstation thing......... LOL

btw, if anyone has any chipsets or remixed music that would be good in this, e-mail me or PM me.

dragonfirex425@yahoo.com

Bob the Elf
05-07-2003, 04:54 PM
Haha, Playstation.

This sounds really nifty, I'm still waiting for an officially-updated/translated English FF3.

This is good enough though; I hope you stick in and get it finished.

Seifer
05-07-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Dragonfire
the max dmg for one strike in rm2k3 is 9999, same with HP. the battle system in rm2k3 is almost exactly what i'll need.

Wait, you can do 9999 max for damage? I knew of the HP being able to go that high, but what the heck...I maxed their stats with RM2k3 and they still do crappy damage somewhere in the hundreds. How did you do it, if I may ask? I have to start using RM2k3 for real anyway, since I have to import the game I was making with RM2k.

Dragonfire
05-07-2003, 07:57 PM
Well when it comes to normal/weapon attacks I've only been able to do it in the hundreds as well, but with magic/skill attacks I've done 9999.

Here's a screenshot:

Faris_the_guy
05-07-2003, 08:39 PM
Playstation will work. Just burn it on a disk, give it a good label and sell it.

P.S Get the permision from square(i dont beliven "square-enix").

Bob the Elf
05-07-2003, 09:03 PM
Believe me, just burning it on a disk wouldn't work.

Dragonfire
05-07-2003, 09:06 PM
sell it!? lol yeah right. first off square would NEVER go for that. Also, I wouldn't really wanna do this project for money anyways.

Now, down to business. If I really wanna get this project off the ground, a team is a gonna have to be made. There is no way I'd be able to finish this by myself. Well, at least not within a reasonable amount of time. Sprite makers are a must. Ppl are need to help with the maps, dialogue, finding/making remixed music for the game, at least one other person who know how to use Rm2k/3, and maybe some other ppl.

If anyone wants to help in anyway, post here or e-mail at dragonfirex425@yahoo.com.

Seifer
05-07-2003, 10:58 PM
So you can't do 9999 physically...darn.

Anyway, this sounds interesting. I know how to use RM2k/3 pretty well and I'll probably have 2k3 burned tomorrow so I can work with that instead of 2k. I can also find music, I don't know about making, even though I have some knowledge in that too. It's just that I've never composed or tried to make a copy of a *whole* song using one of those programs.

So sign me up. I'm working on my own thing right now, but I could fit this in too. Remakes in RPGMaker are generally easier than actually making you're own game. The map layout and dialogue is all there, you just have to copy it. Oh, and do they have an FFIII editor out? That would also make life much easier in remaking the game.

Faris_the_guy
05-07-2003, 11:57 PM
Don't sign me up. I dont know how to do anything with my computer.
I will be checking sometimes, though. Good Luck

wolfmah
05-09-2003, 04:23 AM
The only FF3 editor I found (that was not base on freaking DOS) was FF3 Hackster (http://disch.zophar.net/) (go in Programs section). It is very basic tho, it only let you edit the 4 world map of the game, but it could always help. :)

Edgar Roni-Figaro
05-10-2003, 08:03 PM
What is the game that you attached the picture of? It looks good:whoa:

Dragonfire
05-11-2003, 05:25 PM
it was the default characters from RPG Maker 2003 using a an attack called Nuclear 3. No game in particular.
also, if anyone can make ff3j looking battle characters for rm2k3 that would be greatly appreiated.

Seifer
05-12-2003, 07:45 PM
From what I've seen, using FF based sprites for battle should be much easier. The only thing that's tough is upgrading what they look like. -_- I'm also glad they made weapons seperate sprites. Imagine having to make a new sprite for every single weapon? *dies*

By the way, did you look into that map editor? It looks like it could be pretty helpful.

Dragonfire
05-12-2003, 09:02 PM
ya, I got it. seems like maps might be the simplest thing to do in this game, even though I would like to find better than RTP chipsets to do them with. I wish there was a text editor for the game, so it would much easier to find the dialogue for each character and when they say it.

I was replaying through the NES game, and I think were gonna need a nice sized crew for this project., if we wanna get it done within a reasonable amount of time.

So I'm asking for team members. We need:

-1-2 other map makers
-Sprite makers
-Music makers or ppl to find suitable music for the game.
-1-2 other ppl that are proficient with RM2k/2k3.
-Someone to help make the CMS for this game.
-Someone to help make the Magic System for this game.
-Someone to help make the Job System for this game.
-anyone else who may want to help

Post here if you want to help.
Or, e-mail me at dragonfirex425@yahoo.com

P.S.: DO NOT just post "I wanna help!" , If you wanna help, post what you wanna help with and anything else you think would be helpful.

Seifer
05-12-2003, 09:34 PM
I have a chipset from FFV that I composed, but I don't know if you'd want to use that since it's from another FF.

wolfmah
05-13-2003, 04:13 AM
I can always help you by giving you links to massive game content (like weapon, armor, spell and monster stats)

You can see them at my old version of my website : http://old.wolfmahheaven.net

and if you want to get the complete monster stats, I have made a newer version on my main site : http://www.wolfmahheaven.net/games/ff3/monsters.php?name=all&order=0

Also, if you got anything programming question to ask, you can always gave me a call, I will check what I can do :)

Dragonfire
05-21-2003, 04:27 PM
Huge frownz at the lack of help offered for this project. :mad2: :( :mad2: :( :cry:

I may just scrap this, caus I can't do this whole project alone. It just can't be done in a reasonable amount of time with one person. If anyone would like to restart this project I'm all for it. If anyone else would like to run it, especially if they have rm2k/3 programming skillz I would be more than happy to help out.

Dark_Mage_Palom
06-03-2003, 05:06 AM
hey wow this looks pretty cool; for about 2 years i've been messing around with rpg makers like 2k, sphare,Toolkit, and darkBASIC but was never able to do much just by myself or been able to find help, if this project is still go I would be more then happy to help you with this project!:mog:

Book
06-03-2003, 06:12 PM
I really don't know anything about rpgm or even have it for that matter so I'm affraid that I'm no help.