PDA

View Full Version : 100% Sphere

Lil Mage
05-06-2003, 08:03 PM
has anyone fully ompleted the sphere grid for every character and if so what are the best ways of leveling up? if u haven't filled up the entire spere grid u can tell me your leveling up strategies here anyways!
-thank you-

Flying Mullet
05-06-2003, 08:34 PM
Triple AP is the best way to complete the sphere grid of course. And if you go to gamefaqs.com there are a couple of guides on the best way to level up.

President Drummer
05-07-2003, 08:07 PM
i never spent enough time with the game to do the entire sphere grid...i dunno i guess it just isnt rewarding enough

but yeah triple ap is good and i guess just keep working at it

and if you dont like gamefaqs or something try gamewinners.com

neeber
05-08-2003, 05:19 AM
Having Triple AP, Triple Overdrive and Overdrive -> AP generates enormous amounts of AP.

Fight Don Tonberry with all chars equiped with a weapon with those skills.

Have one, and only one char attack the Don, and set his Overdrive Mode to Stoic.

Set the others Overdrive Modes to.... ally?, anyway, the one that fills be Overdrive bar when an ally gets hit.

Whn the attacking char hits the Don, he (the Don) will counterattack with Everyones Grudge, and there is a high probability that the attack will deal 99.999 points of damage.

Revive the downed char and repeat until the Don bites the dust and you will get 99 S.Grid Levels.

ultima buster
05-09-2003, 02:05 PM
hi again all ive been away for a while. i know a site with more walkthroughs and cheats than gamefaqs. its called ps2seeker.com hope i helped bye:choc:

Nimrook
05-09-2003, 11:24 PM
The other two characters will want Comrade, not Ally, but I'm sure that's what you were trying to say. :) Also, if you're gonna try the Don Tonberry thing, equip a weapon that doesn't have Break Damage Limit on the character that is going to be attacking, to make sure that you don't kill it too quickly.

And yeah, I've just finished the sphere grid with all the characters. I'm now in the process of clearing the lower value nodes and replacing them with +4's in order to stat-max and fight the last few Dark Aeons...

neeber
05-10-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Nimrook
The other two characters will want Comrade, not Ally, but I'm sure that's what you were trying to say. :)...

Yes of course, but i couldn't remember what it was called so i just wrote the first that popped up in my head.

crono_logical
05-10-2003, 04:55 AM
I've only done it with 2 characters - I don't think I'll ever finish it for the others, least of all because I don't ever feel like touching that game again, just not good enough to make me want to replay it a 3rd time :p

stiltskinstrips
05-28-2003, 12:48 AM
If you're bit in a hurry, you might wanna fight Cactuar King instead of Don Tonberry for leveling up. Cactuar King is so much faster than Don Tonberry, you would end up w/ much AP in less time than fighting Don Tonberry. Just make sure you have lots of phoenix down on your inventory (and of course you should have the auto-phoenix ability)

neeber
05-28-2003, 04:05 PM
Yes, but the Cactuar King has a habit of running away when you least want him to.

The Don won't.

The One Winged Angel
05-28-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Nimrook
The other two characters will want Comrade, not Ally, but I'm sure that's what you were trying to say. :) Also, if you're gonna try the Don Tonberry thing, equip a weapon that doesn't have Break Damage Limit on the character that is going to be attacking, to make sure that you don't kill it too quickly.

And yeah, I've just finished the sphere grid with all the characters. I'm now in the process of clearing the lower value nodes and replacing them with +4's in order to stat-max and fight the last few Dark Aeons...

You really don't need that, i used up empty nodes and got most of my stats up to 255, and they were easy..

FinalLethal
05-29-2003, 08:18 AM
hey one question, iv basically got wakka,tidus and auron around the whole grid, but now that i wanna max my stats say for example i erase a sphere with strength+1 and its already been activated by auron wakka and tidus will they just be added on 2 points? to make 3 or will they have to reactivate the sphere?

The One Winged Angel
05-29-2003, 11:06 PM
reactivation must occur

Zannith
06-15-2003, 05:34 AM
Yes the best way to upgrade is to have the ability, TripleAP, Overdrive-AP.
I'm not sure if TripleOverdrive works well with these abilities. (Allso have the right overdrive modes active, like said before).
I also have completed the advance spheregrid for everone, and I have found that you should replace, all the +1,+2,+3 Stat spheres first that already exist, before you create new stat spheres, like +4 to magic, strength, speed, defence, magic-defence, evasion, accuracy, except for luck. Because you need enough room left on the sphere grid so you fill up the rest of the empty nodes with HP spheres, since that status can't be on maximum without cheating.
I don't know yet if your luck can be on maximum, and have enough room left for HP spheres to boast your health.
You will also have to delete spheres that already exist, (If you want to) so you have more room for Luck or HP spheres. Only when everone's status is on maximum.
It's up to you if you want more MP, with the BreakMPLimit ability on, so you can power up Lulu's Ultima, With Her Onion Knight Only, fully power up, so her Ultima will take off more dammage. Because Lulu's Onion Knight Only, becomes less efective with less MP left, so there fore, with more MP her Ultima's damage will increase. Allmost forgot, you need the BreakHPLimit abiltity on everyone.

neeber
06-15-2003, 09:36 PM
Having more HP than, say 35'000 is just a waste from what i've heard.

You can't seem to heal for more than that even with a Magic stat of 255.

§håd0w
07-01-2003, 10:14 PM
ive gone through it twice with every character. the best way to do it is triple overdrive, double overdrive, overdrive>ap, and triple ap works like a charm. u can get 10-15 levels fighting a water flan from besaid