PDA

View Full Version : The magical power of jumping in FF Mystic Quest!

edczxcvbnm
05-06-2003, 10:09 PM
Thats right for those of you have not yet experienced the bliss of FF Mystic Quest. You have the ablitiy to jump in the game. This adds and element not normally found in FF games. You can fall down to lower levels or have to jump across a gourge(OOOHHH GOD I hope I spelled that right). Jump over NPC heads AAAAAAAAALLLL day long! It is just so much fun.

Don't you all think they should have a jump button in other FF games just like Mystic Quest? It rules!

Flying Mullet
05-06-2003, 10:13 PM
I enjoyed that part of FFMQ very much. That and how you used your swords, bombs, axes and claws to get around in the environment. And it had great music and colorful graphics to boot. It's just too bad that the game itself was geared towards the newbie gamer.

ZeZipster
05-06-2003, 10:15 PM
I enjoy Morrowind more. Because I can kill the NPCs and take all their stuff.

HOOTERS
05-07-2003, 01:06 AM
Mystic Quest was good.

Psychotic
05-07-2003, 06:42 PM
*loves it*

Leap leap leapity leap! Look out Old man! Why? Cus I'm jumping over you! ha ha!

Sorry for the craziness, but I loved this when I first played it. When in towns, well town, I always leap everywhere!

Shoyku
05-07-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
Don't you all think they should have a jump button in other FF games just like Mystic Quest? It rules!
Oh God yes. Mainly because I'd rather not take 5 hours getting around some minor road block and jump over it, it's one of the only things that I greatly dislike about the Final Fantasy series.

edczxcvbnm
05-07-2003, 08:40 PM
I remember reading an article a while ago on gamespot about how the jump button makes every game better. Look at crazy taxi. The jump button made that game even better. If it can work for a car game then it can sure as hell work for a FF game!

Brian The Pink Shark
05-07-2003, 09:12 PM
I am trully gobsmacked really you can jump amazing if only you could do that in other FF games(I am not being sarcastic, honest)

P.s you can also jump in Kingdom hearts but it is fancy impossible,disney stuff, FF rules

President Drummer
05-07-2003, 09:51 PM
yeah mq was cool since you could actually do stuff when you were walking around like cut trees and stuff...kind of like old zelda games...maybe not i dunno

yeah jumping is fun and it does make all games better...unless its like hard to control the jump (ahh tomb raider 3) then it just sucks

Strider
05-08-2003, 12:42 AM
Jumping is awesome. And by the way, it's "gorge."

Reine
05-08-2003, 12:48 AM
The jumping let you get through the game faster.
You can also jump in Final Fantasy Legend III as well.

crono_logical
05-08-2003, 12:51 AM
RPGs where you can (or sometimes have to) interact more in the environment then others are always much nicer, like Valkyrie Profile, or GOlden Sun/Golden Sun 2 :D

Divina
05-09-2003, 04:25 AM
Jumping's great stuff. :D

DJZen
05-09-2003, 09:13 AM
I dunno, everyone seemed to hate jumping in Kingdom Hearts.... I can't for the life of me figure out why though. I like jumping, but I don't think it's for FF.

Rude
05-09-2003, 02:54 PM
I think the concept is ok. Final Fantasy needs more interaction with the overworld and area maps and jumping is one way to do it.