PDA

View Full Version : Give up? ..... NO!

edczxcvbnm
05-06-2003, 10:13 PM
That right peeps. Its another FF Mystic Quest thread. This talks about another feature that FF Mystic quest introduced that is lacking in other FF games and would be a very welcome addition. When you die in FF Mystic Quest it give you the option to just start the battle over as if it had never happened and your HP/MP and stuff is restored to where it was before the battle began.

What makes this feature so great is that you don't have to start from some God forsaken save point and just do what you did all over again. It doesn't make the game less hard. It just makes it less annoying?

Who else loves this innovative feature in FF Mystic Quest?

Bahamut2000X
05-07-2003, 12:05 AM
I forgot it had that feature, but I love it because it sounds good. Very useful if you tend to die a lot too.

ZeZipster
05-07-2003, 12:17 AM
Didn't they do that in Kingdom Hearts? In Morrowind you could save any where except for during a battle. I should start a poll on which is best, I would if I wasn't so lazy.

HOOTERS
05-07-2003, 01:03 AM
Mystic Quest was good.

DJZen
05-07-2003, 02:21 AM
Not quite.... Continuing in KH sets you back a bit.... This is especially annoying during boss fights where it doesn't recognize your continue point as being after you optimized your equipment/items for the upcoming fight but you thought it did so you went ahead anyway. This feature among others was designed to get more American gamers to see that RPGs are actually fun. In fact, the whole game I sorta got the impression that they had geared it toward action/adventure gamers. The option of displaying HP as a meter, for example, and jumping, and the little "how to play" at the beggining.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-07-2003, 02:23 AM
I only ever needed to use it about once, and it surprised me since I had no idea I'd be given another chance. It's a good thing.

Psychotic
05-07-2003, 06:36 PM
I've only played about 3 hours of MQ, and I think this feature is great!

crono_logical
05-08-2003, 12:53 AM
You die that often in MQ? :D

It's a bit like using a save state in emulators before a fight in games that don't have that built in really :p

Dark Knight2003
05-18-2003, 05:31 PM
ahhh yes i have only played about an hour and 30 minutes worth of that game..but i love the battle music and the ability to use that "save state" its quite convinent unlike..i dunno say going to lunatic pandora as squall and not being able to leave to go level up forcing u to reset the game if ur weak cause of RINOA :mad2: :mad2: