PDA

View Full Version : Seem Short to anyone else?

GhandiOwnsYou
05-07-2003, 03:08 AM
Is it jsut me or did this game seem extremely short and limited? I'm not complaining at all, it has one of my favorite stories ever weaving throughout *not quite done yet, but i hit zanarkand just a bit ago, and from what i hear it's this then wander and build levels til the final battle, right?* just wondering, cuz it really did semm incredibly short.

I think to myself, their were quite a few twists in other storylines, major shift in what you were trying to do

take for example.... FF9 *worst game of series in my opinion, but just for example* **SPOILERS**

1) Start out with Tantalus, stay with them til out of woods.

2) now helping princess get to lindblum

3) then helping Vivi discover self

4) stopping war between countries

5) chasing down Kuja

6)discovering about other world

7)chase/ Kill Kuja again

That seven major twists, whereas FFX has **SPOILERS**

1) Help Yuna/ Discover about Spira/ Chase sin *it all kinda bleeds together*

2) Seymour related stories/ Yevon corruption

3) Kill Sin

three, all on the same road. see what i mean?

Calvin
05-07-2003, 03:25 AM
The game did seem somewhat short to me. Although it took me about two months to beat (damn school), it still seemed to be relatively short in relation to other FFs. Maybe because I didn't do any of the side-quests. But I didn't really know of any sidequests as they weren't really easy to find.

Pancaek
05-07-2003, 03:54 AM
It seemed pretty short, even though I'd clocked about 45 hours before I finished. Maybe it's because there really isn't that much to do. The only side things are getting everyone's ultimate weapons, chocobo racing, the stupid butterfly game, blitzball and the monster arena.

Sephex
05-07-2003, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by SocietyzAntidote
Is it jsut me or did this game seem extremely short and limited?

It is. It is very short compared to the other FF's. If you want this game(or any FF game/RPG) to last longer do all the side crap.

Blackmage
05-07-2003, 01:07 PM
Unfortunately, the game was pretty short. I really must say I enjoyed the game, except for the fact that it was short. Had Square bothered to develop the story in a longer fashion, it would've made this my favorite FF to date. But, since it's a tad short, FF7 still reigns as my favorite.

Prodigy
05-07-2003, 02:12 PM
It's about the same length as FF7, 8 & 9. Just depends how long you want to spend.

I can say for sure though that it takes LONGER to defeat Penance on FFX international (i.e all the levelling up it takes) than it does to beat Ruby/Emerald weapons or pussy Omega.

Psychotic
05-07-2003, 06:34 PM
You see, the funny thing is, I felt that FFX was an extremely short FF, although now I have decided that it was all in my head. Somehow, I have over 100 hours on the clock. I mean WTF!?!? I felt like I'd been playing for around 30-40.

I think the lack of world map adds to a psychological effect, but maybe it's just because I spent ages doing Blitzball (Even though I hate it, it's compellingly addictive), sidequests, monster arena, and stat-maxing. The game on it's own probably lasts 20-30 hours, but it's the other distractions that give this game life.

Shoyku
05-07-2003, 07:35 PM
I found it odd that when I finished everything I wanted to do in FFX, I clocked at 80 hours. Though with the other FF's, I'm capable of doing everything in about 50, yet FFX still seemed much shorter in comparison.

Ryth
11-13-2004, 03:58 PM
FFX is a liitle short for an FF game if you ask me it was enjoyable but too short not counting the extra stuff. If you count extras it gets lots more playtime I'm not done then again I don't always work to building up the legendary weapons and all which is pretty much all that's left.

kikimm
11-13-2004, 07:57 PM
Hmm maybe it is, if you don't do anything on the side. I ended at about...70-75 hours, I believe, which is, besides FFVIII, the longest I've ever spent on any game. To me...it felt....yeah, kind of short I guess, when I think about it. The other games seem much, much longer in comparison to this one. But I believe I read somewhere that FFXII would be huge, so, you know.

It's a long game, just not terribly long for a FF.

:D

Del Murder
11-14-2004, 01:14 AM
There are a lot of extra quests in this one that make it longer. I'd say this would be the longest one if you did everything you could do.

kikimm
11-14-2004, 01:26 AM
Gasp! A CK posting in an old thread! You now win the award for the coolest male CK.

It feels short, but when I passed the game for the first time with missed treasures, weapons, and armors, I still had played the game for 80+ hours.

When I saw my time, I couldn't believe it, I thought it was like Legacy of Kain (I'm not too sure that this is the game I'm thinking of, it's the one with the vampire that can turn into stuff, and where the days are 15 minutes long, so by the end, it says you've played for 50 days. Then I just realized that this idea was stupid and I let it go.

xD

I didn't realize this was old....meh. I answered the question.

:D

Del Murder
11-14-2004, 01:41 AM
As long as people answer the question instead of pointing out how old it is, I'll leave it alone. Can't speak for my fellow Knights, though. :p