PDA

View Full Version : ff7-2 announced.

Blue Headed Man
05-07-2003, 08:50 PM
JK, but IT MAY HAPPEN.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/finalfantasy7/news_6026421.html

I hope they don't change the music...since I just borrow games from my friends (thus having no games) and beat them, this is a game a CONSIDER buying.

edczxcvbnm
05-07-2003, 08:59 PM
He said it was very unrealistic that it may happen. They would have to do everything from scratch to make the game. Odds are it isn't going to happen. It could but we wouldn't know about it for a few years of something.

ZeZipster
05-07-2003, 09:27 PM
We all know that Square doing work to create a good product is completely out of the question. I mean why would they give a sequel to the best FF, not like they can make a profit off of FF7. Yeah it'd be way to risky. Certainly creating an MMORPG isn't risky and a huge effort.

Oh how I loath you Square...

Enigma
05-08-2003, 12:05 AM
So basically, FF7-2 isn't happening because Square is lazy and don't want to start over from scratch? Wow...and to think, I support this company.

zacks_clone
05-08-2003, 01:30 AM
Kingdom Hearts 2 wouldnt be bad.the secret ending did leave them alot of doors and me bursting with ideas,but ff7 2?....ehhh,lets just leave the game alone.

FFGreenery
05-08-2003, 03:34 AM
green large times

Sup, i'm new to this forum, and i wanted to point out, that if they were going to make a squel, they could only make a prequel, cause at the of FF7, it showed 500 yeare later and everything was peaceful. So the only original char would be Red13, nothing wrong with that for all u Red13 fans, but FF7 wouldn't feel the same without Cloud and some of the other Main Chars.

Now if they make a Prequel, they have more options, like Zach, Sephiroth, young Cloud.

I have heard they are remaking FF7 for PS2, so it might have the complete story....

Brian The Pink Shark
05-08-2003, 09:10 PM
I didn't know about this FF7 sequal sounds cool, how do you get the secret ending please tell me I am dying to knowchristdied

zacks_clone
05-08-2003, 09:15 PM
a prequil wouldnt be bad

Enigma
05-08-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by FFGreenery
green large times

Sup, i'm new to this forum, and i wanted to point out, that if they were going to make a squel, they could only make a prequel, cause at the of FF7, it showed 500 yeare later and everything was peaceful. So the only original char would be Red13, nothing wrong with that for all u Red13 fans, but FF7 wouldn't feel the same without Cloud and some of the other Main Chars.

Now if they make a Prequel, they have more options, like Zach, Sephiroth, young Cloud.

I have heard they are remaking FF7 for PS2, so it might have the complete story....

They could always start it anywhere within that 500 years, like 5 years after the events in FF7, but a prequel won't be good too.

Big D
05-09-2003, 12:04 AM
Actually, a prequel does have some potential, as much as I dislike prequels...

There's a lot of 'back story' that's hinted at, but not clarified in the game. The whole 'meaningless war' between Shinra and Wutai, for one. During this conflict, Sephiroth became famous, and presumable met Zack for the first time. Elmyra's husband fought in this war, and died on his way home on leave. Wutai was vanquished but remained independant, and Shinra went from being a weapons manufacturer to a global mega-conglomerate. Quite turbulent times...
Imagine this: The player begins in control of Elmyra's husband, a soldier in the Midgar Continent's army. War breaks out, for whatever reason. He's sent to the fighting, gaining new party members, including Sephiroth and the young Zack, when they're either assigned together or are separated from their units on the battlefield. The fight must've been pretty immense, since it alone secured Sephiroth's formidable reputation. Because so little is known about this war, there's plenty of scope for embellishment: a powerful opponent, possibly a supernatural one... in FFVII, Wutai has no Materia whatsoever - perhaps to prevent it being used or consumed by some kind of monstrous demon, one that the 'Five Gods' of the Pagoda are containing with their powers. That could be the reason for Godo's apparent apathy... he and the others are 'hiding' their powers because they're all confining the great threat, one that Seph and co. vanquished years earlier. Elmyra's husband's death would add some real tragedy to the story, as would the player's knowledge of what'll happen to Zack and Sephiroth in the future.

I think they could do a lot with what they already have.

FFGreenery
05-09-2003, 09:13 PM
Yea ur right, i just think if they were going to make a sequel, i don't think they would have ended the game 500 years later...it would still be intresting on a prequel or a sequel, i would still buy the game. A sequel would be hard for a villian, Sephiroth made a very good villian, but he was too easy to kill, the WEAPONS were tougher then him. Unless in the sequel they would revive Sephiroth, but if u get into all of the revive bullsh*t, then it defeats the purpose of Death.

fallen_cloud
05-09-2003, 10:51 PM
Hmm..... they should make the prequel.

BTW the demon was Leviathon. They tell you that.

Big D
05-10-2003, 12:08 AM
I know that the Pagoda monks protect and worship the Leviathan materia, but I was referring to the possibility of something else - a force more powerful and destructive, one that could fuel a war... it's be great to see Sephiroth and co. team up with Godo and the others to defeat this threat, once they realise the entire world's in danger... using the 'Leviathan' summon as well as their own magical transformations.

ZeZipster
05-10-2003, 12:14 AM
Dreamers... Squares dead to me. They're souly out for profit now and have no time for us oldbies. They'll just keep on increasing their fanbase avoiding things that don't attract newbies or get you 10 dollars every month from all your players. Very select things that are looking good to me and that'd be FFTA and FF Origins. Both of them don't take as much money to produce as some thing like a prequel would.

FFGreenery
05-10-2003, 04:38 AM
Dreamers... Squares dead to me. They're souly out for profit now and have no time for us oldbies. They'll just keep on increasing their fanbase avoiding things that don't attract newbies or get you 10 dollars every month from all your players. Very select things that are looking good to me and that'd be FFTA and FF Origins. Both of them don't take as much money to produce as some thing like a prequel would.

If they don't have time for us, then why have they announced they are remaking FF7, FF8, FF9 for the PS2?
In my opinion, since they are remaking i am very for sure they are adding new features, like graphics,and probably voices for the chars, like FF10. And to add one more thing (in my opinion) they will probably have a prequel in the remake of FF7
So my point is, if they didn't have time for us, then why remake a game that could be played on PS1 or PS2....

Beowulf
05-10-2003, 03:36 PM
An FFVII-2...I think that would have a promising outcome, if they made it. If they did make it, they could explain the ending of FFVII better, because the hole 500 years later thing makes me wonder what happened inbetween there, y'know? *prays for FFVII-2*

JMcConnor
05-10-2003, 04:24 PM
Blue...for this great injustice, it is your turn to commit seppuku ;)

James McConnor

Shinken
05-10-2003, 06:35 PM
If they don't have time for us, then why have they announced they are remaking FF7, FF8, FF9 for the PS2?
In my opinion, since they are remaking i am very for sure they are adding new features, like graphics,and probably voices for the chars, like FF10. And to add one more thing (in my opinion) they will probably have a prequel in the remake of FF7
So my point is, if they didn't have time for us, then why remake a game that could be played on PS1 or PS2....

Hmn... Now the way I see it, announcing a remake doesn't really mean anything until some hard facts (pictures or official information) are distributed for the public to see or read. I mean, these games are just that: announcements. Until there's proof that the games are actually being worked on, I don't think this is a legitimate example of Square "having time" for us.. =\

Then again, this is just me. :D

Kami
05-10-2003, 06:47 PM
if there is a ffvii-2 and it's about different characters after the meteor thing. No way i'm buying that game. Final Fantasy VII should be left alone. It's good how it is.;)

fallen_cloud
05-10-2003, 11:30 PM
I still say that FFVII-2 should be a prequel. It could fill in the holes in the story of Cloud, you could be Zack, you could be Sephiroth, etc. The possibilities are endless. I.E.: It wouldn't be difficult to use what they have to make a good game.

FFGreenery
05-10-2003, 11:52 PM
Hmn... Now the way I see it, announcing a remake doesn't really mean anything until some hard facts (pictures or official information) are distributed for the public to see or read. I mean, these games are just that: announcements. Until there's proof that the games are actually being worked on, I don't think this is a legitimate example of Square "having time" for us.. =\

Here is ur proof.....

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/video/hist_square/p3_01.html

Shinken
05-11-2003, 12:28 AM
Here is ur proof.....

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/video/hist_square/p3_01.html

Er. Think you misunderstood me. ^_^;

That was the kinda thing I (read: me, myself, my own opinion) don't find to be a definite thing. Developers can announce games all they want, but whether or not they go through with the plan is something entirely different. Just seems to me that Square doesn't really seem to keen on releasing since the announcement was a fairly long while ago.

Like I said before, until real proof (read: pictures, actual game information/remake information, non-generalized information) is released, I don't think it's a good example of how Square "has time" for its devoted gamers.

...okay. This is pointless, I just realized. I quit. :jap:

Yrkoon
05-14-2003, 01:15 AM
well only read first post but it seems likely they will make a sequal to ff7 my reasoning is :

1. square have said they want to use the ff 10 engine for more games.

2. from various sources over the last year or 2 square have admitted to wanting to bring a sequal to ff7 out but didnt want to offend the large fan base for that game.

3. think off square using ff10-2 as a trial basis to see how the fans accept a sequal to a ff game :)

perssonaly id rather a nice ps2 update of ff7 as long as they leave story as it is an dont get cheesy voice actors :)

id rather they make a prequel to ff8 the past in that game sounds sweet an plenty room for expansion :)

Boko Mog
05-14-2003, 03:06 AM

The VII remake was put on "indefinite hold" about a year ago. Basically, it's been canned for the moment. Could Square start work on it again? It's possible, but I'd say it's far off in the future. As for the FFVIII and FFIX remakes, Square has denied their development. So all this stuff about FFVII-IX remakes you might hear is false. At this time, Square says their not in development.

Dreamers... Squares dead to me. They're souly out for profit now and have no time for us oldbies.

Come on... Square's always been about the profit. So is every company. And they have no time for oldbies? What about FF Anthology? Chronicles? Origins? Other remakes/rereleases? Personally, your statement isn't fair...

The One Winged Angel
05-14-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by ZeZipster

dude, it's called being a company, business, if they make no profit then u will get NO FF games, no re-releases, no nothing... and if Square weren't in it for profit you'd have just FF1, which by most accounts rlly wasn't that good, and they wouldn't have bothered with anything else

Enigma
05-15-2003, 02:05 AM
I'm gaining more and more faith every time I hear how good FFX-2 is doing in Japan. Because it might be a trial and then FFVII-2 or a remake of FFVII(<~~I think I'd prefer a remake..just a little more) might be announced and I will jump thru my roof.

FFX really didn't need a sequel from my point of view, it was a perfect, sad ending, Tidus went to the farplane and Yuna moved on nothing much to carry on from.

FFVII had a bizarre ending, you don't if they died or lived, the 500 years later thing and the children's laughter, all the plot holes and unexplained things. They can make about 5 prequels and sequels from all the unexplained stuff!! It deserves to be explained or at least remade on the PS2 system and then have the unexplained stuff added in.

Also, I have friends who absoultely hated FFVII and wouldn't even play past the reactor because of the graphics, so if it were remade with better graphics, I'm sure they'd like it. So for my own personal reasons too, I would like it remade.

And that's how I see it...

final boss
05-16-2003, 01:20 AM
I actually hope they make a sequal to FFVII be cause of the ending. I don't like open endings. And my opinin on the ending was that [spoilers] the planet killed all the humans because they were ruining the planet. So animal and plant life took over. And in conclusion, I think they should make a sequal to show if all [spoilers] the hunans were really killed or not. They can fill in the plot holes such as the laughing children in the ending. That was freaky. The ending was freaky. So there.