PDA

View Full Version : the original ff2 for snes

President Drummer
05-08-2003, 01:32 AM
one of the first game systems that i got was a super nintendo from my uncle when i was like 5.... i was really small but i still saw the greatness in ff2...but then my uncle decided he wanted it back a few years ago and then i guess i didnt care...but now i kinda want to play it again and its useless trying to get it back from my uncle

so my point is- does anyone know of a good place to buy it online? i tried ebgames and they didnt have it, and gamestop has it for like 60 bucks on back order (yikes!)

im not really an emulator person either :rolleyes2

thanks guys
(and yes im new to this forum but im not new to vbulletin forums...)

Dragonfire
05-08-2003, 02:15 AM
do you not like emulators because of the lack of controller or because you don't like the idea of playing it on the computer? because the first one can be fixed for less than buying an SNES. But of course, you need to find an adapter online somewhere, or learn to make one yourself.

Master.Pug
05-08-2003, 08:23 AM
why don't you try to get it via E-Bay???
I got games like Megaman 1 & Final Fantasy 1 for less than 30 bucks ;)

DJZen
05-09-2003, 09:51 AM
Why doncha buy FFC?

President Drummer
05-11-2003, 02:52 PM
i guess i just went against what i said because i downloaded zsnes last night and ff2.....:D

it works really well and its just how i remember it, but the sound is really crappy...is it always like that?

oh, and just to stay on the subject of "final fantasy i-iv,"
is there an easier way to get through the mist cave or are you just supposed to walk through it blind

....not that theres anything wrong with walking into walls...

Dragonfire
05-11-2003, 09:38 PM
it's not really much of a labyrinth, it's a very easy dungeon to make your way through.

Lexy
05-12-2003, 06:58 AM
lol, hopefully you figured it out by now, but it sounds like u have that problem where all u can see in the mist cave is whiteness. it's not supposed to be like that! But it's so small I guess you could pry get through it blindly anyway....

DJZen
05-12-2003, 08:22 AM
It's a problem with emulation... The SNES used transparent layers to create effects like being underwater or clouded in mist. The mist cave is supposed to be hazy. You have to turn off the layer that contains the "fog". Once you do, you'll be able to get through just fine.

Or you could just get FFC...

President Drummer
05-12-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by DJzen
You have to turn off the layer that contains the "fog". Once you do, you'll be able to get through just fine.

ok so how do you turn off layers in zsnes?

Rude
05-12-2003, 11:54 PM
F1 through F5 enable/disable the layers.

Dignified Pauper
05-13-2003, 12:02 AM
NOOO its just 1-5. I think its 2 actually, who knows, but F1-F5 is screenshots, save states, and something else.

President Drummer
05-13-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Rude
F1 through F5 enable/disable the layers.

Originally posted by Indelacio
NOOO its just 1-5. I think its 2 actually, who knows, but F1-F5 is screenshots, save states, and something else.

ok im at school right now i'll try it when i get home, but is anyone sure if that actually is how you do it?

Rude
05-14-2003, 04:27 PM
I goofed, it's 1-5

F1-F5 bring up menus of some sorts.

Thanks for correcting my error :)

Book
05-15-2003, 01:01 PM
I use another emulator so I wouldn't know

Sylvie
02-20-2005, 11:15 PM
I have zsnes and ff2 for it, and I didn't have a problem with mist cave... I could see... It may be something wrong with the rom or the emulator file...

Del Murder
02-21-2005, 05:29 PM
It was almost two years ago. I think the problem may be solved by now.