PDA

View Full Version : Youre favorite torture combo

Iori
05-08-2003, 04:53 AM
Im talking about in the actual game too, so dont say some stupid crap like... squall with red magic... thats gay...... or Vivi with battle skill.... It doesnt have to be a quest char either... I dont know about you, but half the fun in the game, is naming, raising, and determining the future, of my lil minions and lackeys.

My favorite torturer, as in, the most annoying character, to my enemies, i can think of,... would be...

She Pimp: Mediator (female)
Steal (mainly heart)
Autopotion
Equip Armor
Teleport

SmoshCuch
05-08-2003, 02:08 PM
I constantly torture my enemies in FFT.

My fave is the Ninja with Battle Skill or Knight with 2 Swords. Double magic break a wizard & watch them run around hitting people with a rod - so feeble it's funny.

Any mage with a good array of spells + Math skill is great. Paralyze, Don't Move, Slow, Stop, Foxbird, etc, and my personal best - Frog. Calculating Frog can be the most devastating (& kinda cheapest) attack in the game.

Of course Thieves are great too. Think that MP-less mage is funny with his Rod? Steal it. Now he's just sad.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-08-2003, 07:07 PM
Beowolf as a Temple Knight With Punch art, Half MP, Blade Grasp, and Teleport.

Hoo HA!! (Heard that somewhere)

Never runs out of Mp or Hp and can Take on just about any enemy With one shot of Break to petrify them.

PLus Chickening someone can be fun. Or just stealing all of a mages MP with Aspel.

Beowolf is my Second Favorite character in the game and My first Favorite Playable Character.

If anyone could kill Orlandu (TG Cid) it would be Beowolf.

Night_Sword
05-09-2003, 12:21 AM
Beowulf is actually one of the better Math Skill users because of excalibur, and ct5 holy, and has the second highest MA out of any other knight sword user, except for Arc Knight Zalbag/Delita.

Excalibur
Aegis Shield
Grand Helmet
Robe of the Lords
Genji Glove or Magic Gauntlet

Magic Sword
Math Skill
Blade Grasp
Magic Attack Up is my pick, but anything else could work.
Teleport or Move +3

Anyone have a save where they would be able to test that out?

Flying Mullet
05-09-2003, 12:28 AM
Dance does more than enough for me for torturing hte enemies. Giving them a series of different status maladies and watching them run away as they wait for them to wear off while throwing stones at them is always fun, only to give them more status maladies and repeat.

Shortybomb
05-09-2003, 07:20 AM
I hafta agree with mullet about the Dancers after doing the Dancer SCC. After you get hit with 4 Nameless Dances or 8 Wiznaibus or Witch Hunts a turn, they get mad (if the could). The best is a team that relies on mana and 1 round of all Witch Hunts, they are little pussies with short rods :P

Meuterei
05-12-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Meuterei (at FFL)
Terminator (Lancer):

Jump
Throw
Hamedo / Blade Grasp (depends on whether I'm fighting humans or monsters)
Concentrate
Ignore Height / Teleport (depends on map)

Hellstorm (Summoner):

Summon
Math Skill (with all white/black/time learned)
Sunken State
Short Charge
Teleport

Blackmage
05-13-2003, 03:00 AM
I just constantly Chicken. Then, I may go into a phase of Stone/Esuna on the Chickened unit. It's too bad you can't keep a statue of a chicken...

Iori
05-14-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Kuja Highwind
I just constantly Chicken. Then, I may go into a phase of Stone/Esuna on the Chickened unit. It's too bad you can't keep a statue of a chicken...

statue? am i missing something in tactics?

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-14-2003, 04:50 PM
he means when someone gets turned to stone they dont look like a chicken even if they did before.

Ferril Shadow
05-25-2003, 09:15 AM
God on the field

Oracle/calculator

Ying yang magic
Math skills
sunken state
magic attackup
teleport

Items

Octagon rod
thief hat
black costume
defense ring

If anyone ever hits her she disappears and i put her out or reach before destroying everyone. Plus she has mastered al the calulating magics oooooo she is hot.
Goddess on the field

Legless Theif
05-28-2003, 05:45 PM
ehh my favorite thing was a Dragoon

Whale whisker
Skills:
Jump (duh)
Steal
Blade Grasp (Even stopped arrows for me)
Ignore height
Teleport

Also a ninja
Dual Excalibers (Yes i know. this is cheating.. but. hey.. its not like i used a gameshark.)
Skills:
Charge
Sunken state
Use Sword
Float

Then theres the almighty Billy the kid ninja.
Blaze Gun, Glacier Gun
Skills:
Punch art
Counter
Use Gun
Move find item

EveningCross
05-29-2003, 09:16 PM
I am fine with just having high hp/mp and running around turning everyone into frogs. Then when all have be amphibianized (or simply killed) I have my party members attack one another and then heal one another to raise my job points. It's just kinda funny to see frogs running around sick (from poison) with their tongues hanging out licking people and then being pulverized by counter attacks all because they couldn't just be frogs and leave well enough alone. I mean we never hit them.

Ferril Shadow
05-30-2003, 07:23 AM
I was out poaching and found this combo that is tight

Goddess of Man and animal alike

Lancer/ Calculator
Jump
Math skill
MP switch
Monster skill
teleport / fly

Items

Dragon whiskers
Crystal shield
ribbion
crystal mail
chantage

She is always guarded by a Tiamat or a behemoth, if you don't know why I feel sorry for you!!!

AlextheDaredevil
05-31-2003, 08:37 AM
All I really needed was Beowulf with Drain. I killed Ajora, or whatever her final name is in two hits. But Beowulf with Drain, A thief with all the steal skills, and with a lot of Moderator skills, And another thief with some major time magics. Use Solution a lot, Stop them, then steal everything they have, and then Have Beowulf drain them.

Giga Guess
06-01-2003, 03:57 AM
Chicken, or a slew of others piled up (Like Confusion, Sleep, Faith, and Don't Act...actually, that's my buy time combo.)

Nakor TheBlue Rider
06-04-2003, 04:46 PM
This is always a fun one for Game Shark users...

Blood Suck.

I like using on the enemys Melee fighters so that when they try to heal him they cant. then just kill the healers.

Shyguy
07-21-2003, 10:09 PM
Lancer:

Jump
Steal
Dragon Spirit
Two hands
Ignore height

Javelin

Grand helmet
Maximillian
Bracer

One bad ass tank

Gregory
08-11-2003, 04:01 PM
My fave is Ramza:
Squire:
Guts: Mandatory, but like the Scream and Ultima.
Math Skill: Flare and Holy, how can I lose?
MP Switch: High brave, how can I lose HP?
Magic Attack UP: Holy and Flare kill more.
Move MP UP: This goes with MP Switch.

Excalibur: Holy, anyone?
Any shield: Strongest will do.
Suit w/ +1 Magic Attack: I forget, but I like the bonus.
Hat w/ +2 Magic Attack: Same as Suit.
Magic Gauntlets: +2 Magic Attack.

Most of my equipment is based on increasing my attack magic and with a few Screams, I could do 999 w/ Holy.

I mainly play w/ my opponents by using Time Magic and Yin Yang Magic until I'm bored.

Mace of Zeus
08-22-2003, 03:30 AM
here's mine:

Agrias - Holy Knight
chaos blade
excalibur
ribbon
chameleon robe
elf mantle

sword skill
elemental
counter