PDA

View Full Version : Hmm.. anyone heard of this FF music before?

Xpred
05-08-2003, 07:18 AM
Hi... a long time ago, I found a wav on kazaa that was said to be "FF10 battle theme" .. of course, this was before FF10 was actually released in the US. So I thought this theme was cool, but when I heard the actual US theme it was different. I've asked many people and they said this music is fake, and some people said it is from ff8 import...can anyone please help clear me up what this music's from or which ff is it from? it sounds really cool also.. here's the link:

http://teamzdk.clansites.com/files/ffbattle.wav

(note: this is a lower quality version of the actual wav)

Jalbrean
05-08-2003, 10:23 AM
Hard to say...it seems from the sound effects to be from FVIII. The weapon swing sounds an awful lot like Squall's gunblade.

Plus some of the magic seems to sound like VIII's. Still i'm not 100% on that. I've never heard that battle theme before.

Bahamut2000X
05-08-2003, 11:46 AM
Hmmm hard to say, I have played every FF and I can that isn't the music in any FF. The sound effects seem to sound like VIII's maybe, it just be some fake someone made to confuse people too. Or maybe it's something from FFXII.

crono_logical
05-08-2003, 09:50 PM
It sounds like someones tried to remix old school battle themes (rather poorly), with FF8 SFX on top. Some of the notes seem off key towards the end. It also seems to lack some sort of distinct melody in places, which you can usually hear easily in "normal" FF battle tracks (sometimes multiple melodies that work together in the better battle tracks). Not something I'd expect in an FF game, anyway, certainly not for a game on the PS2 either.