PDA

View Full Version : Omnislash

therealquigmaster
05-08-2003, 09:10 PM
Is there any easy way to get the BP like ways to win.

Storm
05-08-2003, 09:24 PM
I found the battle arena to be much easier by equipping a ribbon, casting haste and regen in the first battle. I don't know what else there really is to do to make it easier.

Flying Mullet
05-08-2003, 09:39 PM
The bigger the handicap you get, the greater amount of BP you'll win. So if you get the "miss" or whatever it is on the wheel, it means that you won't get many point, but you'll get more points if you get a "level in half" or whatever it is.

Prodigy
05-08-2003, 09:41 PM
I think if you hammer square loads when the wheels are spinning then it slows them down and you can get the nastiest handicap.

That's the way to get big points. If there's ever a break-all-materia as the last one - GET IT. You'll win big.

o_O
05-09-2003, 10:02 AM
Try to get ones like "All Materia Broken" and "Frog." Try to avoid ones like "Lucky 7" and "Cure." I find my best strategy is to equip a ribbon, an ultimate weapon and a Warrior Bangle on my main character. I don't bother with materia apart from 4x Cut, because I usually kill to get the "All Materia Broken" handicap. I find that if you don't have a Ribbon, the "Resist" spell is good, but only after you have cast your positive status changing spells, such as "Haste." Hero Drinks are also very helpful.

fallen_cloud
05-09-2003, 03:11 PM
Equip ribbon and Ultima Weapon, put yourself in regen, fury, and haste, and keep using Cloud's last level 3 limit break. I did that and I won Omnislash easily.

burdfreak
05-09-2003, 03:14 PM
I normally go as vincent with a limit almost ready. In the first fight use the Big Guard and Deth Forch e/skills then use Chaos. Make sure you have a ribbon equipped and I usually go with the mystile for armour.

krissy
05-10-2003, 01:26 AM
bp eh

Omnislash + Mime + Ribbon

oh sussana

JMcConnor
05-10-2003, 04:28 PM
And it's so worth it to get it on disc 1...who cares about the extra 20,000 BP needed.

My revenge after Aeris' death is never complete until I Omnislash Jenova all to hell ;)

James McConnor

fallen_cloud
05-10-2003, 11:19 PM
Yep, that's a lotta fun....

BTW Reno, he can't get Omnislash using Omnislash. He needs a different strategy than that.

Nimrook
05-11-2003, 12:50 AM
The handicap you get before the last (8th) round has the biggest effect on your BP by far. If you can get All Materia Broken before that battle, it'll give 10000BP if you win; otherwise you could try Magic Materia Broken for 7000, that's good too. If you're strong enough not to rely on materia much then you can go for that, and you get BP pretty quickly. :) Try to avoid weapon broken or items stealed at all costs.

Sin Harvest
05-25-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by fallen_cloud
Yep, that's a lotta fun....

BTW Reno, he can't get Omnislash using Omnislash. He needs a different strategy than that.

rofl, also if cloud dies, get him to use a phoenix down on himself. that should work just as well as using omnislash to get omnislash :tongue:

on the subject of that, in one of the walkthrough/hint guide things ive seen, it reviewed the jap (not too sure but i think so) version. and in it, omnislash is called 'super shotgun champion ultimate wargod slash':rolleyes2 everything had odd names like that. those crazy japanese, if they get any wierder they'll explode. and then we'll be devoid of good games :cry:

Sephiroth2
06-08-2003, 05:56 AM
just go in at high levels

Strider
06-08-2003, 08:29 AM
Oh yeah, if you're equipped with Ultima Weapon, you might consider sticking an HP Plus Materia on you. The more HP, the better.

Final Fantasy Romeo
06-08-2003, 09:15 AM
u do no that when u translate anything from 1 language to another it doesnt really mean what it says

MagicKnight Locke
06-09-2003, 09:33 PM
use KOR with sprint shoes and mime every battle,try to get all materias except for summon broken

Liquid Glass
06-11-2003, 05:57 AM
I just had a ribbon, mystile, and hp plusses(sp?), and I went through it easy.

Like everyone has already said, shoot for the 'All materia broken' for the last one. You could get all cures and lucky sevens then get the AMB hanicap and still get 10,000. :D

Neru
06-11-2003, 11:45 PM
There are many ways that you may approach the Battle Arena, to obtain Battle Points. One is to increase the handicap, as some have said, this will increase the amount of BP you recieve. If you equip a ribbon, it will make it a bit easier for you.

Auron_Kotetsu
06-18-2003, 01:26 AM
I just did a lot of time in the Battle Arena, so i've gotten together some decent srategies and tips from my own experience. Here's what's worked for me:

- Equip whoever's fighting with a Mystile armlet (for the high Evasion and Magic Evasion), and a Ribbon, and the best weapon they've got. Ultimates work best, as long as they're powered up.

-If you're not wearing a Ribbon, DO NOT try to escape status ailments by using a Vaccine or casting Resist. The ailments that the slots give you will still be in place, and you won't be able to cure yourself by any method. So, if you roll Toad on the reels, you're stuck as a toad for the rest of the battle, no matter what you try to do.

-Equip your best Materia, but don't make your character dependent on them, as one way to gain the best BP is to roll All Materia Broken. More Counter Attack Materia is great, because then you'll strike once for every Counter Attack you have equipped, and you can use your turn to heal yourself rather than fight.

-If you ARE wearing a Ribbon, roll Toad, Minimum, and Poison as much as you can; they're great as far as BP goes, and you won't be affected by them. These aren't even that bad if you're not wearing a Ribbon, as long as you've got the appropriate remedy items or magic.

and, this last one may seem random, but...

-If you should end up fighting a Ghost Ship, KILL IT AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! Ghost Ships have a move called Goannai that ejects you from battle, meaning you lose all your BP and you can't do anything about it. They use it once they get low on HP. Casting Berserk on it or using an item to do that will make it only attack physically; it'll do more damage, but you'll get to keep your BP for sure.

Demitri_Maximov
06-18-2003, 03:07 AM
Oye...I have the tetra thing on. Forgot it's name. I only use mega all as my materia. I have tetra, ultima weapon, and mega all. only lost 2 times so far in the arena. Plus, I got all the prizes. Is there anything else after that?

sepiroth1991
06-18-2003, 04:06 AM
http://www.murasaki-tenshi.net/ff7/sephiroth.gif (http://www.murasaki-tenshi.net/ff7)

You are Sephiroth
You are a crazy bastard, who burns things down, and really dont give a shit about anything about anything about others. But, hey, you're fukin' sexy, so we'll just overlook it!
take this quiz! (http://www.murasaki-tenshi.net/ff7)

I dont know if this crap works but, It all depends on your handicap.

If you dont like handicap and wish you can get LUCKY 7 all the time you will only get 3,000-4,000 bp.

If you like handicap and like it randomly you will get 7,000-10,000 bp.

If you LOVE handicap and like the materia one like ALL materia is broke you will get 10,000+.

http://www.murasaki-tenshi.net/ff7/sephiroth.gif (http://www.murasaki-tenshi.net/ff7)

You are Sephiroth
You are a crazy bastard, who burns things down, and really dont give a shit about anything about anything about others. But, hey, you're fukin' sexy, so we'll just overlook it!
take this quiz! (http://www.murasaki-tenshi.net/ff7)