PDA

View Full Version : Fujin and Raijin

darkangel5681
05-09-2003, 05:09 AM
I've wondered about this ever since I got the game...

Jalbrean
05-09-2003, 05:33 AM
Comrades I'd say.

Although I suppose they could be sibilings. I don't see them as lovers.

IamTidus
05-09-2003, 05:56 AM
I also dout there lovers there more just friends. I think Fujin and Seifer might have a thing between them but not Raijin and Fujin. Ya Know?

Rye
05-09-2003, 08:54 PM
I see Seifer and Fujin as a couple, and raijin as the best man. ^.^

Lol Fujin kicks Raijin too much anyways ^.^

Nimrook
05-09-2003, 11:47 PM
Heh, I'd say neither. Fujin, Raijin and Seifer were a posse, Seifer seemed to be the leader, and the other two were just there. They were just friends, that's all. ;)

remi07
05-10-2003, 04:51 PM
I don't think they're brother and sister or lovers. I think they're just friends. They're Seifer's posse

Kami
05-10-2003, 07:12 PM
more likely siblings than lovers.

Boko Mog
05-14-2003, 03:24 AM
I always figured that they were comrades, not siblings. o_o

FinalLethal
05-22-2003, 12:47 PM
errr lets not exam the game too closely

of course they were only friends in seifers posse, thats it

Eyece
05-24-2003, 12:04 AM
Lovers. Let's analyze this...

Fujin was always kicking Rajin (tell me women don't do that to their husband sometimes. I know my cousin gets kicked by his wife all the damn time.)

Rajin explained the situations most the time, Fujin hardly talked as much as Rajin. Now, when in groups have people done this as much as these guys? This happens in relationships alot, except usually Rajin would be explained by Fujin, but still.

Rajin and Fujin don't look anything alike, Rajin looks italian (or hispanic) and Fujin is pale. They are NOT siblings.

Seifer always walked in front of the two, if they were a POSSE, they'd be EQUAL...Walking in the same line...Instead of the two love birds walking behind him...Who was single.

Night Angel
06-03-2003, 10:34 PM
I can see them as lovers, but ifyou really think about it the're really just good friends. At least that's what I think.

Miyamashi
06-03-2003, 10:38 PM
I'm a HUGE Raifuu fan, so I'll always see them as lovers. That's just me, though. I think they make a cute couple...

Rye
06-03-2003, 10:42 PM
I'm a Seifujin! (if they're called that) I really think those two could be good together. If Fujin spoke normal for Seifer, I think it means she loves him. ^.^

remi07
06-04-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Eyece
Rajin and Fujin don't look anything alike, Rajin looks italian (or hispanic) and Fujin is pale. They are NOT siblings.

So what? My sister is very tan and she has dark hair and dark eyes. I'm pale, light haired, and I have blue eyes. So, sometimes siblings don't look anything alike and sometimes they do. I still don't think they're brother and sister, but there's a possibility.

ShivaBlizzard8
06-05-2003, 01:14 AM
I definately don't see them as siblings. Although they seem to have a brother-sister like bond, I believe this is in line with the actions of the rest of the FF8 gang - as orphans, they have a fierce loyalty to each other, since they're the only family they have ever known. Since many of the Garden students' parents were killed in the Sorceress War, it is very possible that Fujin and Raijin were similarly abandoned, and possibly found each other. However, now I'm getting into too much speculation, so I'll back up.

I think that they are severely close friends, who could possibly become lovers, but aren't during the game. Why? The way I see the pair's relationship during FF8 is one of slightly more than friendship. Raijin not only respects Fujin insomuch as he defers to her wishes, but he also seems to be very protective of her; at the end of disc two he practically begs Squall to do something about Seifer when Fujin expresses that the situation is severely tirering her. Granted, this doesn't necessarily mean that Raijin loves her, but he practically follows her around like a puppy. Yet, I feel that during the game, his feelings are rather unrequited - which is why I don't believe they are lovers. There is someone in the way: Seifer.

Whether Fujin loves Seifer or not is really a moot point - either way she's fiercely loyal to him, and for most of the game is willing to sacrifice both Raijin and herself in order to follow him. This loyalty seems to come between Raijin and Fujin - in Squall's final battle with the pair, Raijin basically tells Fujin "I told you so" when they begin to lose. In response Fujin gets angry, but not soon after the pair finally give up on Seifer, refusing to follow him any longer. They become a united front, and I feel like Fujin has finally given in to Raijin somewhat. This decision on her part to put herself and Raijin ahead of Seifer and the "posse" allows for the pair to form a deeper connection. Whether they choose to pursue that after the events of FF8 is really up to the writers of fan fiction or FF8-2, if that ever occurs ;).

Finally, as for the whole Seifer/Fujin thing, I don't ever really see him returning her feelings, even if she ever had them. Besides, I'm a sucker for the whole Quistis/Seifer thing myself, but that's another story. . . :p

Raiden
06-05-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Eyece

Raijin doesn't look italian at all (italians are white) and if for hispanic you mean South American, it could be, but to me he looks more like a gypsie.

Big D
06-05-2003, 09:34 AM
Rajin and Fujin don't look anything alike, Rajin looks italian (or hispanic) and Fujin is pale. They are NOT siblings.I may be wrong, but Fujin's features seem somewhat albino. I mean, her hair's grey rather than white, and her eye colour is difficult to make out, but I've heard of her referred to as an albino - not in the game, though. She's only 17 or so, meaning her hair colour is either very rare or else dyed.

She could very well be the same ethnicity as Raijin, just with different features. Besides, the duality of their names, attributes and personalities suggests a kind of 'kinship'.

Burtsplurt
06-05-2003, 01:13 PM
I think they're just comrades, but by the looks of things Raijin has feelings for Fuijin. Probably not the other way around, though.

I never thought of them as siblings.

muchacho
06-05-2003, 09:37 PM
i all ways get them confused. but i say comrades.

the blitzer
06-14-2003, 07:29 PM
Guys they are just comaredes. They and Sefier are freinds, end of story. there is nothing that says they are siblings and thet are defintely not lovers. come on they never showed any sign of it.