PDA

View Full Version : ff4 psx IS WAY TO HARD

Dark Knight2003
05-09-2003, 05:42 AM
Ok heres the deal im leveld in my early-mid 20's and i just got done killing the false king in at baron the water elemtn named gonazoo or some crap..well anway im gettin my tail handed to me near the dwarf villiage because i wanted to level up but even the random encounters TOOK ME OUT OMFG!! what in the world happen to this game it seemed it went from beatible to damn near IMPOSSIBLE i mean come on i go level near them and BOOM BAM 20 seconds im dead....i know its hard type and all BUT WTF....and what the hell is the deal with leveling..its slow..i mean i love the game and all but come on this difficulty is ridicilous..and how often do u guys spend leveling up?? cause its SLOW levelin up..i dont ever remember this game givin me trouble on snes..i wish u could choose easy or hard type cause default hard type if just plain unfair i mean i like challenges but this is ridiciulous!!..

Lexy
05-09-2003, 06:05 AM
LOL LOL LOL Ganazoo....hahaha.
Anyway, it's been too long to remember exactly, but I don't remember hard type being THAT hard, although it was a challenge. Is the dwarf place the next place you go? I forget the sequence of the game, but if you are supposed to go there and the random monsters are killing you, then that does sound fishy...

DJZen
05-09-2003, 08:21 AM
Yes, leveling up is slow, so are RPGs. And yes, it's harder than the SNES version, what did you expect? *smotes you*

Seifer
05-09-2003, 07:33 PM
What? The random encounters in FFIV are pretty mild, I thought. It's the boss battles that are what it's all about. A lot of the bosses gave me a run for my money. Sure, I've been killed by some random encounters, but that was only because I was sticking my nose where it didn't belong. The Dwarf Village...I can only assume you're at the Underworld. Mid 20's is where you should be, but I always remember having an easy time down there.

Boko Mog
05-14-2003, 03:39 AM
I found the game rather difficult as well. More than anything, I found that the constant random battles made everything all the most difficult. Levelling up also took a lot of time to do, but it was well worth it.

Storm
05-14-2003, 04:39 AM
The random encounters are most likely difficult because you are fighting around the castle of Eblan. It's extremely difficult fighting the monsters inside.

Sephex
05-14-2003, 05:05 AM
What is everyone talking about? I like, only have to level up for maybe 2 hours total early in the game. Oh, and maybe another hour or two at the end. Thats it. Yes, I am talking about the 'hard' version.

Book
05-14-2003, 11:06 AM
Maybe I should get the psx verion of FF4, I didn't have that big of problems on the snes emulator but maybe that was the easy version :mad: at the moment I'm playing FF1 over and going to start on FF2 but after that I may by the Europeean version of Anthology so I can play FF4 and FF5 on psx :)

Boko Mog
05-15-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Sephex
What is everyone talking about? I like, only have to level up for maybe 2 hours total early in the game. Oh, and maybe another hour or two at the end. Thats it. Yes, I am talking about the 'hard' version.

Well, I mostly ran from battles (too many, I got sick of them), so I suffered later on. That's why levelling up took a lot of time for me.

RydiaOfMist
05-15-2003, 03:03 AM
I found the game quite difficult as well, and leveling up took me a few months. But I leveled up in Bahamut's Cave, so the EXP. wasn't that bad. I was able to beat the game at about LV. 70 characters. But yes, the game was hard during some dungeons...

Master.Pug
05-16-2003, 06:36 PM
mh...
its harder than FF4SNES??

mh... dunno, I beat Zeromus at about lvl. 55 (I got Flare O_o)

leveling isn't that hard!
try to level your FF5 chars up to 99! It'll take more than 99.59h!!
While fighting Behemoth, Red D's & Phase's, leveling up is real damn fast!!!

Rase
08-15-2003, 10:31 PM
I've found FF4 SNES to be harder than the one for PSX. I rented it and played about 6 hours and when I'd returned it I was past Rubricant. In SNES I was about Tower of Babil In the same time.

Dignified Pauper
08-16-2003, 03:05 AM
I found both versions pretty easy. FF4 has always been my favorite of the series and i beat FF4 at level 62. I usually killed 3 of my party members and fought with two to level up faster in the lunar subterranian levels.

I don't know what your problem is. Maybe inexperience :P. Maybe you're spoiled by the newer games:P. (just kiddin' around)

Christmas
05-14-2022, 05:19 AM
I found both versions pretty easy. FF4 has always been my favorite of the series and i beat FF4 at level 62. I usually killed 3 of my party members and fought with two to level up faster in the lunar subterranian levels.

I don't know what your problem is. Maybe inexperience :P. Maybe you're spoiled by the newer games:P. (just kiddin' around)

I do agree. But newer games nowadays tend to be more fast paced and easier.