PDA

View Full Version : My ideal FF Online game

Rude
05-09-2003, 03:31 PM
If Square enjoys making money and profits then it would behoove them to create a multiplayer online game in which people can form parties of characters from all FF Games (including enemies and NPC's) and fight battles against one another. Obnoxious abilities and spells like FF7's KOTR would of course have to be eliminated or toned down. But could you imagine a game where instead of fighting against mundane AI controlled monsters, you duel wits in FF turn based/atb battle against a live thinking human opponent who has a party that can be very similar or extremely different than yours.

To give an idea of what I'm talking about, I'll make up a prototype of two parties that could fight each other.

For example:
Party 1 could be:
Locke - only epuipable with knives and short swords, very fast atb and high agility, has the mug ability to do 1/2 damage but steal items from the other party
Steiner - equip heavy armor and swords, very slow atb gauge, high attack, and a variety of 4 sword techniques
Rosa - backrowed with only bows and curative/healing spells (no status inducing spells, pure white magic user)
Cid from FF4 - No Attack, High Vitality and Defense, the ability to increase any defensive attribute of a character with his wrench... and the ever wonderful Peep ability.

Party 2 could be:
TranceKuja - Autofloating magic user that may cast Holy and Flame/Flare type attacks for a very high MP cost (IE: his MP wouldn't last long and he'd be a powerful, but very high maintainence magic user)
Cecil Dark Knight - Little Above Average Attack, Defense and Speed + the ability to cast Dark Wave
Edward - Below Average in all stats, but can hide while atb gauge is not full, thus he can only be hit when he is waiting to act after the action has been entered in, and can induce status effects by using his harp (ie: silence, sleep, etc etc)
Tifa - Monk like character who can skip turns and save the commands to be used in a successive attack (ie: she could skip her first two turns, and on the third turn would be allowed to perform 3 attacks in one turn, similar to how her limit break operates)

Tell me what you think of this and if it sounds like a good idea. What I'd like to see is a FF multiplayer game with major variety in parties, but an overall balance of characters. For instance, if Sephiroth was in the game, he would have strenghths and weaknesses that would balance him out instead of keeping him the ultra badass he would be if kept in original FF7 form. Of course, some sort of overworld feature would have to implemented as well as a means for characters to level up. Two people could have a Tifa in their party, but because of the way she has been leveled up the two Tifa's would be noticeably different.

Of course I seriously doubt Square would ever consider this endeavor. Perhaps one day I'll have the programming knowledge to make it :)

*shrug*

PhoenixAsh
05-09-2003, 07:05 PM
I'd love that sorta thing, I dunno why they haven't put online features in previous installments. Online battles, card games and Blitzball etc. seem like such a perfect setup. Even if people had to sort out their own rules beforehand, they just seem designed to be played online.