PDA

View Full Version : FF converts

Pure Strife
05-09-2003, 10:46 PM
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but:

Have you ever introduced anyone to an FF game who knew nothing about them? Friends, family, whatever. Did they love it or hate it?

I recently convinced my little sister(12) to borrow my copy of FF7(she lives quite a ways from me). After an hour or so of me telling her what all the menus do, and basic controls, she was hooked. That was about about a week ago, and now she's playing it almost non-stop.

So, what about you guys?

Pancaek
05-09-2003, 10:59 PM
A few years ago, my best friend saw me playing FF4 easytype (we still thought it was FF2, though). She wanted to know what it was, so I let her play, and she was hooked on it. Now she's played 7 and 10 at my house, and she owns Tactics.

Rye
05-10-2003, 01:25 PM
Lol My little brother (10) used to not really care for FF. I showed him each of the games from FF8-FF10 and soonhe was addicted. Now he plays FF7 non-stop :)

remi07
05-10-2003, 05:28 PM
well my step brother (15) saw my FFVIII game and played it alittle. He dosen't like it cause of the drawing system and he won't let me explain it to him.
My older sis(15) tried to play FFI and didn't like it (don't blame her for that one). Then she was gonna play VII with me, but she made fun of it the whole time cause of the grahics and she thought the characters were dumb. She didn't even give it a chance!
*sigh* I'm the only one i know personally who likes to play FF.

ChibiInuYasha
05-10-2003, 06:15 PM
My friend saw me playing FFX and he wanted to start playing them so I started him on VII and he loves it! Boy is it hard explaining the materia system though (all the combinations and stuff)

Pure Strife
05-10-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by ChibInuYasha
My friend saw me playing FFX and he wanted to start playing them so I started him on VII and he loves it! Boy is it hard explaining the materia system though (all the combinations and stuff)

Yeah, I know what you mean. It took like 15 minuites of repeating myself over and over to get the point across. Maybe I just explained it badly...

Mo-Nercy
05-16-2003, 10:52 AM
I introduced my ex to FF7, she hates Aeris. lol.

HOOTERS
05-16-2003, 01:04 PM
When I got FFVII (my first FF) I recommended it to some of my friends and like me, they've been playing the series ever since.

silentstrife
05-19-2003, 06:44 PM
..I persuaded my brother to buy ff8, even though he didn't like it. I started playing it and he used to watch but now all he does is play, and you know what?!, that cheap freak wouldn't let me play because he didn't want me to get ahead of him, he said "it would spoil it for him"

so ..yeah, after that he beat the game, I just ended up watching him, meh~oh well, the power of ff

Rude
05-19-2003, 07:51 PM
Everyone I've tried to persuade into playing Final Fantasy doesn't like it because they prefer to be 'in control' of the action as opposed to issuing commands.

:(

King Michael
05-24-2003, 03:26 AM
For the last couple years i've been trying to get my yuonger brother (now 10) to play the series. He will play for a little bit, but he's not really an RPG kinda guy. It sucks for him though 'cause the FF's are so great :shoot:

the blitzer
06-10-2003, 06:36 PM
When my uncle lent us FF8 3 years ago (and I stil have it) My brother started to play it for a while but we both got stuck aganist Scared and Mintoar. I finally got past it and then finsihed disk 1, told my brother and he didn't seem to care.

He complanied about the graphics on 1 to 7. And would you belive it, he tries to convice me to play something else. The *******.

I showed my freind FF9 and he really liked it. He asked to borrow it 3 times. Then I got him to play FF8, but he got bored of it and would only play 9. He wouldn't even give 10 a try.

SuperPac
06-10-2003, 06:57 PM
My friend Stephen cannot stand either anime or RPGs, but he was borrowing his friends PS2 and all his games, and FFX was included. He played it a bit, and was soon hooked. He had to give the PS2 back soon afterward, so he didn't play any more, but he no longer mocks me for playing RPGs. While he doesn't own any himself (he's not patient enough for them), he understands why I play them. He now knows that these games truley have good stories.

Enigma
06-11-2003, 03:52 AM
I've tried to get most of my friends to play FFs, they hate them

"they take too long to beat,
they're boring,
I hate the fights, it's so dull, I hit you, you hit me"

But my 8 year old cousin loves em but doesn't understand them.

SuperPac
06-11-2003, 06:14 AM
Yeah, my friend's arguments? "In real life, your opponents won't sit around while you attack them, and then take their turn while you wait." That's just about the only excuse they'll give; they don't want to play something that isn't "realistic." Although they love Super Smash Bros....

black orb
06-13-2003, 03:17 AM
>>> My two brothers, a totally FF brainwash..
but my ff brainwash never worked with other people :(, I guess only smart and cool people who doesnt care about the old graphics play Final Fantasy..

Liquid Glass
06-14-2003, 04:26 AM
I've been itching to try the FF's before 7 seeing how ffIIV was my first one. Everyone says FFIV is so great....