PDA

View Full Version : Tactics Ogre?

Sekret
05-10-2003, 03:13 AM
Anyone know where to get Tactics Ogre at for a reasonable price? On Ebay they are going for $60-$70!

Iv been playing online PC games for quite a long time and im well sick of people ha. So I bought a PS2 (sold mine when I beat FFX few weeks after it came out). I bought FFX and I am already tired of that game, great game, too short. And I have FFT in the mail, I used to love that game few years ago and I dont think I ever did beat it.

And the last RPG I remember loving was Tactics Ogre, which I sold with my ps1/2 and rest of my games long time ago.

BTW Anyone know of any other great games that are long like Tactics Ogre and FFT?

JuREXic5
05-13-2003, 07:36 AM
after playing several tactical rpgs... nothing really compares to either of them. except maybe tactics ogre the knight of lodis. but im not a very big tactics ogre fan, final fantasy tactics all the way.

OH yeah a REALLY good one is FRONT MISSION 3 (squaresoft rules). i just love it.

Does anyone know id the Arc the lad collection is worth buying???

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-14-2003, 05:06 PM
be very careful with this suggestion.

A lot of fans of FFT hate this game but i like it....I just started it though.

Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth

it is very difficult, has multiple endings, and lots of hidden stuff, and hidden characters.

maybey rent it or buy it cheap. If you liked it when you rented it then buy it.

JuREXic5
05-14-2003, 08:17 PM
i managed to squeeze several (like 100) hours in my winter vacation to play hoshigami, but i found myself only interested in the storyline and using gameshark to get past all the battles. Storyline was good, the special characters are good, generic characters are BAD. The diety system and the skill learning was actually pretty good too. but really i did not like the battle system. it was not a game i would like to play over again so i sold it on ebay :P.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-15-2003, 04:38 PM
Yes it seems a lot of people were very disapointed....

From what I have played....about 10 story battles I really love it.

It is deffinatly NOT a re-hash of FFT though. I think people were expecting somthing like FFT and thats why they were dissapointed.

Graphics are simmilar but thats it.

Big Ogre Umaro
05-15-2003, 11:04 PM
Definitely must play Front Mission 3 for tactical-style gameplay. >=D

On the emulation side, it'd a must to try out the Langrisser series, as well as Bahamut Lagoon.

Fans of the infinite amounts of customization in Final Fantasy Tactics will benefit from sampling games like Vagrant Story and Star Ocean 2. Ogre Battle, as well, but you probably already knew that.

As far as finding good prices for Tactic Ogre, I'll tell you your local used game shop (Game Stop, Game Crazy, etc.) will be your best shot, as they usually price at a more reasonable than eBay.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-16-2003, 04:49 PM
its probably still cheaper to buy a mod chip and get Tactics Ogre burnt for $5-$10

around here mod-chips are like $25

So for like $35 bucks you get the game.......plus cheap games from then on.....

I had to get a mod-chip because my local video game stores don't order some of the japanese games. Such as Vangaurd Bandits and Hoshigami.....

Sekret
05-17-2003, 05:15 AM
No stores around here have it, =( guess Ill just pay $60 for one somewhere.

I love both FFT and tactics ogre, but FFT is too short imo, i just started a few days ago im on chapter 4 already, and i know when i get orlandu its just too easy.

tactics ogre I like because it has multiple endings, long game, 10 (TEN) fighters on your team for every battle is what I REALLY like about it, FFT limiting characters to 5, and 4 for story battles (why!?), kinda sucks, id like to have knights on chocobos for every battle =P

one_winged_angel
06-20-2003, 09:26 PM
yeh it rly bites my m8 has tactics ogre but he won't let me borrow it i am lvl 18 or summit i think

Shyguy
07-22-2003, 04:50 AM
lunar silver story complete = teh shitz

Dkknight
08-11-2003, 02:51 AM
Speaking of Tactics Ogre... I started playing Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis for GB... and I must say I am very impressed. If this game was for PSX, it would rock! I mean Im putting this game up there with FFT. Maybe even a notch higher. The game is that good. The story line is awesome. I'm so immersed in it.. and that's saying a lot b/c an RPG/strategy game hasn't done that to me since FFVI. And the thing about it is... that the story actually makes sense. The plot was very well written. The battles are great! They last so much longer. The only thing that I would complain about is the AI. They give you a chance, unlike FFT where the attitude of the AI is seek and destroy. The classes in the game are cool as well, and I like the fact that they have Emblems you can earn for achieving certain things in battle, and others that are required to change job class. They also have tons of hidden items on the battlefield. Another thing is that cash flow is not abundant. You have a budget to work with so its not like you can buy ALL the best items and equip all your characters with the best armor and weapons. You really have to manage the gold you earn wisely. Also the game seems non linear at times because it gives you choices on certain scenarios, not to mention that characters can have L-Lawful, N-Neutral, and C-Chaotic alignment. As if that wasn't enough, you can also collect "books" in the game that allow you to carry out sidequests outside of the game. You choose in how many turns you think you can beat your opponent and then setout on your mission. The lower # of turns you pic, the better the reward.

All in all, I'm having a very good experience with the game. I'm not entirely done yet, Im only to the part of the snow capped mountains. I would recommend anyone who loves FFT and needs a Tactics "fix." I've tried not to include any parts of the story so that I dont' spoil it for ya. I had read nothing of the story prior to playing it, so when I did play it, it became a whole new experience. Its been a long time since I've played a strategy/RPG game this good. Can't wait to finish!

Holy_Paladin
08-19-2003, 03:13 AM
If you want Tactics Ogre the knight of lodis just search for ``Tactics Ogre the knight of lodis gba rom`` on your favorite search engine (i recommend google)and youll have tons of sites to download it. C`mon, dont tell me youre afraid of being arrested coz you dont own the cartridge. police never does nothing about it... lots of people have tons of roms for many consoles and they were not arrested nor fined nor nothing. and be sure to download an emulator too (i recommend visual boy advance). plus, with an emulator you can state save... and cheat a lot. i know i know, cheating sucks, but there are some parts of the game you just cant pass without cheating... so just download tactics ogre and enjoy it!

C:\meus documentos\cecil.gif

elemental-force
08-22-2003, 10:05 PM
speaking of tactics ogre. did any one beat that game? im on the last battle right now and its hard as $hit.

Dkknight
08-23-2003, 12:25 PM
LMAO! I beat it my first time through. Without any casualties.

Here are a few things I learned about the game:

There are 5 endings in the game. Answer choice A. ending, Answer choice B. ending, ending C which is to defeat the last boss without Eleanor in your party or have her die and ending D which is to not attack the final boss with the Longiculnis and die, and then an A+ ending which is the same as Answer choice A ending but with an extra scene at the end.

There will be a point in the game where *SPOILER* one of the characters in the game asks you to go with them to capture a mermaid. You can choose A. to go along with the plan, or B. to say the plan doesnt seem right. This is where the fork is to the first 2 endings. To get the A+ ending you have to have previously beat the game with the A ending and you must complete the game in 25 hours or less and Alphonse must have at least 50 kills.

I've only done the B ending so far. There are also side quests in the game that you can get some really cool items. Also there are a few special characters that you can recruit. So the game does have good replay value!

elemental-force
08-24-2003, 08:14 PM
then whats the name of the last boss. if you beat him

elemental-force
08-24-2003, 08:15 PM
they might have made more than one boss

Dkknight
08-24-2003, 10:47 PM
You have to beat the last boss twice. One in his regular form and the 2nd time in his beast form. Bosses name is Shaher. After you beat him the first time, you get the Anbicion, which is the sword he was wielding. It is one of the strongest swords in the game with 90 pwr. But to defeat the last boss you must attack him first with the Longiculnis. After that the rest of the characters can then inflict damage upon him. He has about 600 or so hit points. And the most damage that you can do to him per turn is about 17-25. At least for me anyhow.

elemental-force
08-25-2003, 03:27 PM
meh well when i fought him it was only him and he could kill my guys with one attack. and i could do 100 damage to him with one guy