PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question(s)

Strider
05-10-2003, 07:03 AM
Okay, well, I've got my problem with FFVII that I detailed a few weeks ago, where the game encounters some kind of error right before the Chocobo race and completely closes down. Now, I still haven't been able to figure out what the problem is, but after hearing about the two new patches for the PC version that Bleys had posted on the main site, I figured I might give it a shot.

Problem is, I can't figure out where to find what kind of video card I have. I'm not technically minded, so bear with me. . . I have XP, so I'm fairly sure that my video card is likely more advanced than what the recommendation is, but I want to make sure so that I don't waste time DLin' the patches. So yeah, Question #1 is: Where the hell do I figure out what kind of video card I have?

Question #2, which I asked sometime before in another thread (with no response): Will those patches be able to correct my problem?

If I could get one or both of those answered, it'd be greatly appreciated.

crono_logical
05-10-2003, 07:35 AM
2) No idea if it'll fix your problem, since I don't know what the patches do :p

1) Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management, then select Device Manager in the left hand column. Video card(s) will be under Display Adapters :p

Strider
05-10-2003, 08:13 AM
Intel (R) 82845G/GL Graphics Controller. . .

Anyone care to shed some light?

Samuraid
05-14-2003, 07:09 PM
I don't know if the patches will solve your problem, but its worth a try. And it sounds like you have an grahpics card that is built into your motherboard, but it should have enough power to handle ff7 just fine.

Dr Unne
05-14-2003, 07:13 PM
Thing about FF7 is that it demanded certain brands of cards, not just certain speeds. I always had trouble with it, and I even had one of the brands of cards it wanted to use.