PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Unlimited

sephiroth04048
05-11-2003, 12:08 AM
If you have never heard of Final Fantasy Unlimited. WHere the hell have you been? its a great anime done by the people at square and some other place. if you dont already have the episodes get them. they are available on kazaa, imesh, winmx, and others. the whole anime is really good. teh best part of all is if your a hardcore ff fan, its great jsut seeing all the references that ffu has to the ff seires. jsut like chocobos and omega. so get them now. there ar 25 eps

Bahamut2000X
05-11-2003, 03:17 PM
I've seen all but about 2-3 episodes. The only real problem I have with the series is

1. Lack of charcters beyond Kaze fighting.
2. Kaze's solution to everything, Summon.
3. Lack of Shiroi ripping up on stuff.

Those are my major complaints. Ya as you can tell I wish the fights were better, other then that I thought everything else was awesome. Best charcter in the e ntire series though, Shiroi Kumo.

sephiroth04048
05-11-2003, 03:19 PM
well when your a scarwnyy ass dude who only has a demon gun and a regualr gun, u pretty much have no choice to do it. my fav episode was of course the last one. also another one is where the winds are fighting.

cypher
05-12-2003, 09:28 AM
i got it when it was first being converted to english, and i must say i was disappointed in it

ok it was grt dont get me wrong i did like it, its jus i hated the fact how i coudl telle very episode and fight would work!

they get in trouble
Kaze aits for demon gun to glow
Kaze activates summon
Kaze summon wins

i mean ti was da saem every episode apart from last, it was really annoying and cuz it was cut short due to major lacking in viewers we never even got to see a proper ending we could understand or see that big bad air ship fly, i want that air ship :(

Bahamut2000X
05-12-2003, 11:49 AM
Actually there were several episodes that were different. Like the one where Cid and them were running and fighting Fungus the whole episode in the serwers. Then Kaze at the ends finishes him.

And the end of Fungus, it took 2 episodes and 3 summons.

The episode with Madoshi Dono, it was all Shiroi fighting that episode.

And most of the ocean puzzle episodes Kaze sat and did nothing.

crono_logical
05-12-2003, 03:10 PM
I found the poor animation and poor combining of the animation with CG effects offputting. And the story dull. I think you really do need to be a fairly big FF fan to enjoy it :p Only thing I liked from this anime is the second ending track, Romancing Train :p

sephiroth04048
05-12-2003, 08:03 PM
well i am a hardcore ff fan. from what i can read on the ffu site they are starting a new seires of ffu. the pictures look great. i dont know what kinda storyline its gonna be due to the fact i cant read japanese(anyone have a teach japanese program?). but i think it will be much better than the first ffu. aside from the point, yes some of the battles did suck, BUT the music was real good, storyline actually was kinda good they just needed to tie it more together. throughout the whole seires i think they needed to talk about kazes woman more. because they pretty much cramed it into the last episode(which was awesome) i wonder if ffu is ever gonna be released in english on dvd. i bought a dvd of ffu off of ebay and the person gipped me. he subbed it himself and burned it and he couldnt spell for shti and he left lots of words off. btw what does it mean when crux says the same thing everytime? its lik cu cukty you something like that.

Shiroi Kumo
07-01-2003, 07:03 AM
FF:U? Never heard of it.

Cheers.

Bahamut2000X
07-01-2003, 01:53 PM
Actually to add on ADV just recently bought rights to sell FFU over here. So we'll be getting dubbed FFU now weeeee.

Article is found here (http://www.advfilms.com/news/acquisitions.asp).
Casting is here (http://advfilms.com/news/index.asp?id=968).

Umm hopefully those go to the exact links. If not just look around the news thingy.

TheAbominatrix
07-01-2003, 02:16 PM
I've seen a couple episodes... all I know is that it was infinitly better than Legend of the Crystals, the first FF anime. Terrible plot, terrible animation, terrible characters.

FF:U has wonderful music, to note. Particularily the opening and ending songs.

m4tt
07-01-2003, 02:33 PM
The ending theme is the only good thing I remember from it. I had the first 5 japanese episodes, and the little girl's voice was annoying as hell.

And I agree with fellow Matt up there, the summoning was done way too often, there should of been other ways of winning besides that.

Edit: With the show coming over here, it'll probably be on some crazy channel that I don't get.

Bahamut2000X
07-01-2003, 02:37 PM
Ya the best episode I say weere the ones where Kaze didn't summon. Although I think we all know why we watch FFU. Just to watch Shiroi in a awesome sword fight, we only got one though :cry: .

sephiroth04048
07-05-2003, 06:53 PM
the best episode by far is when the two swordsman(cant remember there name) were fighting. THAT WAS AWESOME

Wind Shear
07-09-2003, 12:13 PM
I saw the FF: Unlimited on the television in ABS-CBN but it was short-lived. The last episode I watched was in the dreamland or something that Kaze meets the Moogle. They are still in Ocean's Puzzle

Some of the characters were changed because it was dubbed into Tagalog. Can you tell us of the equivalent or another name for that?

1. Yu - a young boy.
2. Ai - the little girl with a very loud mouth.
3. Miles - a woman with a flute.
4. Well, a female character with some sort of a job class is a monk.

Bahamut2000X
07-09-2003, 03:14 PM
The only significant changes I see with the translation from the fan subs is...

1. The chick that narrates the whole series and also is in it 2 times her name is Fabula, I don't remember the original name from the fan subs.

2. The count is now called Earl Tyrant. Well at least he has a name.

3. Ru is Lou.

4. Helba got translated to Herba (which sounds betetr I say, Herb-cause she's a plant, heh heh...I know I'm dorky.)

5. Pisto was translated to Pist.

6. Cid was made Sid.

7. Fango was translated to Fungo.

8. Comodin was translated to Comodeen.

9. They refer to Makenshi as Evil Knight rather then Demon Swordsman (as it does translate into)

10. They renamed the Inner World, Wonderland....I like inner world better.

That's all the translation difefrences I found from the fansubs and the ADV translation.