PDA

View Full Version : This Game Is Annoying: Part III

Strider
05-11-2003, 07:05 AM
Okay, so I got my random shutdown problem out of the way and I've been playing the game for the past several hours. . .

Hey, it's the weekend, what else am I supposed to do?

So I was able to take pleasure in seeing Palmer get hit by a truck and now I've got Cid in my party. Awesomeness. I've been screwing around a bit with the Tiny Bronco and decided to go back to Nibelheim to get the Buggy to place it in a convenient location, for some reason.

Anyway, I happened to cut through the very edge of a forest for only a second. Who do I run into? Yeeeeah, annoying woman Yuffie stole 'bout 1000 gil (200 from the damn false save and another 800 from answering wrong) from me, and I wasn't able to get her to join.

Question #1 is: If I've already talked to Yuffie and actually got her freaking name, BUT I couldn't get her to join, is it possible to stay wandering around in the same forest to run into her again? I haven't had any luck so far, and I've nearly been killed a few times trying to get her to reappear, so I'd really like to know before I waste more time.

Question #2 is completely unrelated. I was goin' into Nibelheim to kick Sephiroth's ass, and I came across that safe in the mansion. 4 digit combination, with 99 numbers to choose from? Come on now! Anyway, yeah, I want the combination and nothing more.

IamTidus
05-11-2003, 07:14 AM
Yes you can get her still and any money she took from you you'll get back I think.
Getting Yuffie Kisaragi
You can get Yuffie in your party during any disc. If you're in Disc 1 and are riding around in the Buggy, that will work, too. The two places that she appears most often are the forests beyond the Gold Saucer (in the Gongaga Area), and most forests in the Junon Area. After a few battles, you'll fight Yuffie (seems to be a 1 in 15 chance, if you ask me).

Just attack her, really. Yuffie can use all kinds of cool attacks during this time, but not once she joins you! Yuffie's level, HP and MP vary depending on what level your characters are at.

When the battle ends, you'll be in a plain with Yuffie lying nearby. There's also a Save Point here. However, if you touch the Save Point, then go to your menu screen to save, Yuffie escapes and steals 200 gil! Don't worry, you can meet her again. You'll have to talk to her several times to get her to join. As she and you converse, she'll ask you several questions, and you can reply in two ways. To get her to join, respond like this:

Reply: Not interested

(talk to her again)

Reply: ......petrified
Reply: Wait a second!
Reply: ......That's right.
Reply: ......Let's hurry on.

Or in other words, choose the bottom reply, then the top one, then the bottom one, and so on. After that, you can name her, and she'll hook up with Cloud and the rest of the gang. Note that if you choose the top answer for the last question she asks, you can name her, but she'll steal 700 gil from you and run away. You'll have to repeat the whole process if you want to get her in your party.

And the pass word is Right to 36, Left to 10, Right to 59, Right to 97

Sephex
05-11-2003, 08:50 AM
For future questions you have of this game, just go to www.gamefaqs.com and find out anything you get stumped on.

Fat Hobbit
05-11-2003, 11:13 AM
Part III?! LOL you must be really thick! (no offence)

Big D
05-11-2003, 11:26 AM
Yuffie appears in virtually any forest on the Planet - you can even get her before you go to Junon or Fort Condor.

The safe in Nibelheim... you've already been given the code, but it's far more interesting to solve the puzzle - read a certain mad scientist's letter down near the front door to start you off...

Burtsplurt
05-11-2003, 03:06 PM
Yes, it took me a long time to figure out the safe code! But once I had it figured I was very pleased with myself. I thought I was smart... and then I realised I was actually pretty dumb for taking so long over it. Haha.

It's worth taking the time to get Yuffie in your party. Especially for her morphing ability (I think).

HOOTERS
05-11-2003, 03:34 PM
In the time it took for you to post those questions you probably could've figured them out yourself with a little bit more running around.

Here's a hint: after you open the safe, don't forget to check the basement.

Strider
05-11-2003, 08:16 PM
Moogle Man, actually, Part II was mostly a technical question. I'm not that thick, thanks.

Hoot, yeah, that's why it's called a Basement Key, right? It took me a few minutes to figure out what exactly opened, but I reaped the rewards. ;)

Alright, here's another stupid question. For some reason, I've ended up in Wutai after Yuffie stole my damn Materia. I'm in town just fine, and I was able to catch her and get her to lead me to her house to get it back. She says something about the switch on the left, which I assume to be the joystick lookin' thing centered on the back wall.

Problem is, when I go and flip the switch, it doesn't do anything. I stand in front of it, press "OK" and nothing happens. Did I miss something along the way?

Zifnab
05-11-2003, 09:02 PM
The computer is meant to change colour, and then a big chest appears and you get back all your materia. Well, no that doesn't happen, but pulling the switch is supposed to make the event continue. Just play around for gawd's sake >=/

Strider
05-11-2003, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I did! I tried pressing "OK" everywhere in the room and nothing happened. Absolutely nothing happened.

Fat Hobbit
05-12-2003, 09:38 AM
Thats what happened to me. you have to press the O button in front of the machine at the precise place! (just keep on hitting O in front of that machine!) and then the trap will fall down. (it dosn't matter on what switch you press.

Rostum
05-12-2003, 11:57 AM
Did anyone else change their buttons so that O is cancle and X is confirm? Because I remember when I was breeding Chocobo's, you'd have to use the O button to select Chocobo's to breed/move/feed etc. And I kept pressing it and it kept canceling... Damn that pissed me off. I was SO used to that setup.

fallen_cloud
05-12-2003, 03:05 PM
Getting trapped by Yuffie was pretty funny..... but anyways yeah keeping messing around. You'll eventually get it. Then Yuffie will rejoin you if you got her. If not go get her. She has the best morphing ability of all the characters.