PDA

View Full Version : No encounters

The last Kuja
05-11-2003, 08:50 PM
I have brought back one of each monster from 11 diffrent places, and no purifying salts...does anyone know which one you have to get, or who you can steal the salts from?

The One Winged Angel
05-11-2003, 09:00 PM
No, but if you just want them for the no encounters go into the arena and keep fighting ghosts

The last Kuja
05-11-2003, 10:07 PM
do you steal it from them or do they drop them? Because i just get 2x Phoenix down

The One Winged Angel
05-11-2003, 10:10 PM
They drop them

The last Kuja
05-11-2003, 10:21 PM
I'm fighting the ghost from sunken cave but they don't seem to drop any

Cyan_Lightning
05-12-2003, 12:26 AM
I can't remember accurately how you get them from the Monster Arena, but you can, rarely, steal them off the Fallen Monks in Zanarkand.

If, as mentioned, you want No Encounters, there are several places you can get them. I assume by your post you would have the airship by now, if not then there are SPOILERS ahead.

You can, as a rare drop, get No Encounters equipment from the Demonoliths at either Omega Ruins or in The City of Dying Dreams (Sin). You can, again as a rare drop obtain No Encounters equipment from GeroGero, the boss you fight at Baaj Temple when you revisit it. Just save at the point and then initiate the battle by entering the water, he may not drop it first time so just keep resetting and beating him.

Where the Monster Arena is concerned, you do get 99x Purifying Salt as a reward, I believe. Since you've collected the fiends from certain areas, then I would assume its a species capture reward. I.e. capture a certain number of all types of a certain species of fiend. If you're still having trouble, try http://www.gamefaqs.com/

The last Kuja
05-12-2003, 06:03 AM
cool, thx for the help

The One Winged Angel
05-12-2003, 04:55 PM
Ghosts dodrop them, it's just rare, if you've captured one just fight it a few times and you'll get [no encounters]... that's how i got mine