PDA

View Full Version : Not enough Administrators?

Yamaneko
05-12-2003, 07:06 AM
Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums has three admins, two of which are active. Personally I'd like to see a couple more admins here. For me, more admins means more power dispersed and better decisions being made. I doubt this is any of my business, but I'd like to see what other members and staff have to say about this.

Red Wizard
05-12-2003, 07:13 AM
...just because the Admins don't post doesn't mean they aren't active... I've seen Sean in the Who's Online list a couple times last week. :P

Yamaneko
05-12-2003, 07:14 AM
I guess I define activity on forums by posts.

Roogle
05-12-2003, 07:20 AM
Ack, that's not a good way to determine activity. I don't post that much, but I'm always on the forums, listenin' to 1000 no Kotoba...

Del Murder
05-12-2003, 07:24 AM
I'm curious to know when the last time was Sean did something that was Admin-like.

I'm with Yams on this one, though it's true it's none of our business.

Big Ogre Umaro
05-12-2003, 07:29 AM
If by "admin-like" you mean making decisions having to do with the running of the website or message board, then the answer is May 8th. =P

Ehh, is there anything specific that is not getting done, "admin-wise," that having another administrator would fix?

Del Murder
05-12-2003, 07:36 AM
Of course that's Admin-like. How odd. Anyway, thank you for that information.

Question: Who is the current webmaster with Scottie gone?

Roogle
05-12-2003, 07:47 AM
Me.

Big Ogre Umaro
05-12-2003, 07:49 AM
He's a cute one, ain't 'e?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-12-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by BOU
Ehh, is there anything specific that is not getting done, "admin-wise," that having another administrator would fix? Getting things done obviously is not the point here. The point is giving the commoners the <i>impression</i> that things are more secure by improving the image of the proverbial hands that said things are <i>in</i>.

Shlup
05-12-2003, 07:50 AM
Roogle should have taken over as webmaster by now if I'm not mistaken.

But I don't think I understand why we'd need more admins for decisions to be made better. There are a bunch of active mods and their say counts just as much in decisions as mine and BOUs do. The only actual power that admins hold over mods is to actually do things like alter template, change names, add features, and those have nothing to do with decisions other then me deciding if I have time to add in a member search dilly between work and school.

EDIT: Three people post while I'm typing... Bah.

Roogle
05-12-2003, 07:56 AM
Yeah, I'm just gonna say that there's not really a need for another administrator unless you want more people changing names and making more usergroups or creating forums.

Mandee explained it best when she said, "There are a bunch of active mods and their say counts just as much in decisions as mine and BOUs do." So it really doesn't matter how many admins are as long as things that need to be done get done, because that's all they really do...

Big Ogre Umaro
05-12-2003, 07:57 AM
I actually have LESS power than most of the moderators, realistically speaking, because I'm like constantly in the minority. =P

*Mexican*

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-12-2003, 07:57 AM
Some get it, and some don't.

Yamaneko
05-12-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
The point is giving the commoners the <i>impression</i> that things are more secure by improving the image of the proverbial hands that said things are <i>in</i>.
Yup.

Well there you go, Roogle would make a perfect admin on the forums since he's current webmaster.:D

Dr Unne
05-12-2003, 03:53 PM
Seems like more gets done now than when we had 5 admins anyways. I'd say add another Mod if anything.

Loony BoB
05-12-2003, 04:33 PM
I think we're doing fine. Another Knight never really hurts, but it's not on the current agenda. Oh, and admins don't make the decisions, really, it's staff as a whole. The only person who has more power than any other staff member when it comes to decisions is Sean. So really, it's much more dispersed than just two active admins making the decisions =P It's all of us staffers, yupyup.

Originally posted by BOU
I actually have LESS power than most of the moderators, realistically speaking, because I'm like constantly in the minority. =P
Haha you're cool yeah.

Shlup
05-12-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Loony BoB
The only person who has more power than any other staff member when it comes to decisions is Sean. Which is why I said "me and BOU" instead of "admins." If Sean said "make the forums pink NOW" (which I've been begging him to do) then I think we'd have to do it.

That really has nothing to do with the point though. The point is that the only function promoting a current mod to an admin would have would be to have another person to change people's usernames. And I think it's because Roogle is the webmaster that he shouldn't be admin; he has a lot to do as it is.

Though I don't really care either way. Make everyone an admin and I'll just have more people to blame when something goes wrong.

Citizen Bleys
05-12-2003, 10:44 PM
If Sean said "make the forums pink NOW", then...well, there's this dead musk rat that's been sitting on the side of the causeway for a few days, and I know Sean's mailing address...

Yamaneko
05-12-2003, 10:45 PM
Well Bleys is admin again. I'm happy now.:D

Seriously though. It really means a lot to me and probably the other members when they see the forum leaders actively posting amongst the regular members. Bestows a sense of unity, if nothing else. And that really helps to keep this place together. Well, I don't if it was this thread or not that got you guys all moving, but thanks.:)

Hey, I've never had one of my ideas rejected in Feedback yet. 3 for 3 baby!:D

Citizen Bleys
05-12-2003, 10:52 PM
Yeah, I came back just for you, Stalin baby.

Shlup
05-12-2003, 10:54 PM
Oh suck it, Bleys.

:love:

Citizen Bleys
05-12-2003, 11:46 PM
Well, if you want...and you can afford the dollar...but I really thought you were more faithful to BJ.

(I'm so dead now)

Linus
05-12-2003, 11:50 PM
All you have to do is say she has nice cans. Then nobody's feelings are hurt.

Shlup, you have nice cans. **Nod.**

Citizen Bleys
05-12-2003, 11:53 PM
"can" is about the last word I wanted brought up just now, Linus.

Yamaneko
05-12-2003, 11:55 PM
Burritos?

Oh, and who wouldn't come back for me?:cool:

Linus
05-12-2003, 11:55 PM
Well then it's a good thing I used the plural form.

Del Murder
05-12-2003, 11:58 PM
Don't blame Linus, I don't think he can help it.

Linus
05-12-2003, 11:59 PM
I'm also dead.

Del Murder
05-13-2003, 12:03 AM
You can say that again.

Linus
05-13-2003, 12:07 AM
That again.

Del Murder
05-13-2003, 12:12 AM
That can get annoying after a while, but I can guess there is nothing we can do stop you. Though we can try whatever we can.

The Man
05-13-2003, 01:27 AM
See, the thing is I'd be such an administrator that they should really count me as two. :aimsun:

But gj on raising Bleys back to admin. He's gr9. :aimgrin:

Shlup
05-13-2003, 06:22 AM
I have nice cans. :love:

Citizen Bleys
05-13-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Linus
I'm also dead.

You're not fooling anyone, you know.

Loony BoB
05-13-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by ShlupQuack
I have nice cans. :love:
I have nice cans. One has a dent in the side, though.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-13-2003, 08:35 PM
That's just what happens when dinner isn't ready on time, Towns. *wields a metallic tube through which water may pass*