PDA

View Full Version : Emerald and Ruby

Brian The Pink Shark
05-12-2003, 04:15 PM
Does anyone know how to beat the above enemies I have tried for ages but just can't seem to beat them.:hot: :shoot:

ganjahunter
05-12-2003, 04:38 PM
Have max hp and mp.
Must have Final attack on phoenix on at least one of you characters so you come back to life up to 5 times.
Knights of the round (not essential some people think it is)
Hades.
With ruby just cast hades on him and then his claws.
He will then be paralysed.
Hit him with KOTR and your most powerful attacks have one character ready to hit him wiv hades again befor he moves again. Have armour which absorbs fire and a ribbon.

Emerald is then easy as you will probably have mastered Final attack and phoenix a few times so every1 will have 5 lives.
Equip all ultimate weapons, 4x cut and at least 2 mastered counter attacks on every one and it will be easy!!
As each attack will take 4 x 9999 which = around 40,000
for one person!

Burtsplurt
05-12-2003, 06:23 PM
Yeah, try and kill Ruby first. Make sure you kill the two characters who you don't want to fight (it'll probably leave Cloud) before you attack Ruby so that the Whirlsand thing doesn't take away your favoured character. That's how I did it anyhow. Maybe I was just being dumb.

Emerald isn't so bad after Ruby.

Sin Harvest
05-21-2003, 12:52 PM
does ruby morph into anything good ?

o_O
05-21-2003, 01:00 PM
It doesn't morph into anything. Likewise for the rest of the WEAPONs.

Sin Harvest
05-22-2003, 09:59 AM
Required:
- MASTERED Command Counter Materia paired with Mime
(NOT, I REPEAT, NOT THE COUNTERATTACK MATERIA. THE COMMAND COUNTER IS A
BLUE MATERIA)
- Knights of the Round paired with HP Absorb
- Enough HP and defense so you don't die in one hit.
- High magic rating (200+)
- Ribbon <-- very important

Optional (but recommended so it doesn't take hours)
- 2 Knights of the Round Charges
- W-Summon
- Master Summon paired with MP Turbo (on different slots than the regular
KOTR one)

Before you start the fight, kill off your other two party members. When
you start the fight, simply cast Knights of the Round (W-summon or
without) on Ruby or the tentacles (doesn't matter). Now go get a cup of
coffee, come back in 10-20 minutes, and Ruby will be dead ^_^

Everytime Cloud gets hit, he will automatically counter with KOTR and
regain *tons* of HP (I kept getting more than 9999hp back). How can you
lose? :-) How can it get any easier than this?

This method will work against Emerald too, provided you have the
Underwater Materia and a light set of Materia so Aire Tam Storm doesn't do
9999HP. Also because you probably don't have the Master Summon you'll
need a very very high Magic Rating because KOTR isn't Mp Turbo'ed. I find
it easier to do the well known KOTR-Mime-As-Fast-As-You-Can way to kill
him... although you need a little luck.

- many thanks to terry lin for that :)
but where do you get ribbons from ?

o_O
05-22-2003, 10:21 AM
Morph Master Tonberries in the Northern Crater to get Ribbons. I recommend Yuffie, with the Conformer as your key morpher.

Sin Harvest
05-22-2003, 01:30 PM
pretty much anyone will do the same amout of damage, unlike 8 and 9, in 7 when you reach lv 99 your exp level doesnt stop. it stays on lv 99 but your exp grows. ive got one save that ive had for about 2 years and my guys are probably on the equivilent of about 160. cept tifa. her attacks kinda blow sometimes when shes not close to her limit, but giveing her mug when shes got it takes care of that ^_^.

*runs off to go morph some master tonberrys*

Liquid Glass
05-25-2003, 08:33 PM
Were do you get Counters and not counter attacks? Im working on beating Ruby too.

Sin Harvest
05-26-2003, 03:34 AM
i just beat him without counter or a ribbon. you need a white cape, master summon, w summon, knights of the round linked to mp absorb, fire linked to elemntal on your armlet or whatever, and life2 linked with final attack. kill off the oher two you dont want to use. now upon entering battle w summon hades and kotr. you should get around 1000 mp back :) and now ruby is frozen for a bit. w summon kotr until he un freezes then cast hades with ktor again, each time you use kotr you'll get around 1000 mp back, ruby flame wont damage you, and you always have enough mp to use life2 if he should kill cloud.

SlipKnoTKills
06-02-2003, 08:11 PM
I beat Emerald without using any secret material found using the chocobo's. I used just plain limit breaks and attacks.

I used Cloud, Tifa, and Cid (it does not matter what characters you use for they will be mainly curing anyway). I also had a master "green" material. This did not help me one bit. I suggest just getting Life2 attached with a mastered ALL and have Regan with a mastered ALL material. For everyone else, just put Double Cut material with 4x on Cloud and have everyone with the Couter Attack material on.

Right at the beggining of the battle I had their limit breaks all the way up (Omnislash is a must). Don't use them RIGHT away. Wait for him to attack first and have someone give them an X-Potion right away. Do this after every time someone attacks because he can attack twice as quickly as you can. You can use Regan, but it only really helps when he does the Stomp attack on all your allies, which is annoying. Your going to need to use megaelixers when Emeralds sholders come up. Just make sure you have 2 people curing and Cloud using his 4x Cut after every turn. Also the Counter Attacks will pretty much wipe the 4 crystals away soon.

Also note as someone said above that his "Aire Terra" move (or whatever it is called) will take 9999 if you have 9 material attached to on guy. Make sure that they only have at least 4 or less. This makes his attack mainly obsolete. Other then that, the Omnislash will probably wipe him away after a couple of times if you've gotten a bunch of 4x cuts in. YOU DO NOT NEED THE UNDERWATER MATERIAL. I killed him with 7:40 seconds left. The underwater material is not needed if you are strong enough.

Ruby Weapon...I'm still working on. =)

Dragonfire
06-03-2003, 12:46 AM
use Cait Sith and go into battle with a weapon having a limit break ready (his lvl2 break). If you get 3 Cait Sith's on the slots it's an instant kill. Yes, it works even though they are bosses.

next time I get up to the weapons, I'm gonna try and do it while taping it. I just find it extremely funny that you can do this, so i wanna record it.

Sin Harvest
06-03-2003, 03:03 AM
i'll even help fund that little expidition, i'd really like to see that. :)

DMKA
06-03-2003, 08:11 AM
Hey just gimmie a little time and I'll record it, capture it, and post it on my site for everyone to download!:p

SlipKnoTKills
06-03-2003, 08:34 PM
Just beat Ruby yesterday and I can say that he is VERY easy to beat....If you have the right stuff of course =)