PDA

View Full Version : Bug? I'm not sure

Dr Unne
05-12-2003, 06:11 PM
In the Site Staff forum on the main page sometimes the last poster and little pointing hand link to the last post point to a page I apparently don't have access to (or that doesn't exist), and I get the "You have to be an admin" page if I click it. Like right if I open the link http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&forumid=46 I get a "permission denied" page. It says the main index page that the last post is by Loony BoB, 05-12-2003 07:50 AM. But if I look in the forum itself the last post (I can see) is by Roogle, 05-11-2003 08:56 PM. This happens fairly frequently, but only in the Site Staff forum. Beats me. I don't know if it's important or anything.

Burtsplurt
05-12-2003, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I've had the same thing. Maybe it's the Senior Site Staff's forum? Or maybe it's just BoB talking to himself.

Loony BoB
05-12-2003, 06:14 PM
Ha, that's me posting in the Senior Site Staff forum. It must still show it on that one since it's a subforum of it. Not sure if you can get around that one, actually...

*leaves it for the admins*

Dr Unne
05-12-2003, 06:19 PM
I didn't even know there was such a forum.

Loony BoB
05-12-2003, 06:24 PM
No reason to say it. It's new, and probably the main reason that there is any organisation with updates to the main site. Even if only... uh... *thinks* Roog, Spat, BOU, Shlup and I post in it.

Oh, and clout. Twice, I think.

Shlup
05-12-2003, 10:41 PM
I think it's just there 'cause we couldn't get multiple-recipient PMs to work. >_>

But, er, yeah, that's just the SSS forum. Sorry, don't think I can fix that.

Dr Unne
05-13-2003, 12:17 AM
It probably shouldn't display things that way. It's probably a bug in the vBB code. Nothing you can do, nope. I was just wondering. Generally it's not good when secret hidden forums start appearing publicly to the masses at random.

Killy
05-13-2003, 01:08 AM
I had doubts about that forum's existance for while because of that. A simple way to fix this problem is to move it to his own forum or put it as a sub section to the Cid's Knight forum.

crono_logical
05-13-2003, 03:15 AM
Yeah - if only Staff can access it anyway, surely it'd make more sense to shove in as a subforum in Staff instead, if only to get around that bug in vB. Not sure why vB can't handle it, it's fine if say a mod posts in Staff then you look at their profile as a Guest in another browser, it gives where they last posted that's not in Staff i.e. it checks permissions correctly in that case, as it does when you search, that also filters out stuff you don't have permission to see.

Shlup
05-13-2003, 06:20 AM
It can go wherever BoB, Spat, and Roogle want it; it's their forum. I'll move it if they ask. *shrug*

Loony BoB
05-13-2003, 06:44 AM
Eh, I find it to be completely different from Forums Staff, so keep it where it is if possible. *nod* It's much easier that way when doing Site Staff stuff.