PDA

View Full Version : Penance

The One Winged Angel
05-12-2003, 06:23 PM
I've just unlocked him and OH MY LORD he's much harder than i expected, i fought him once and he promptly dispatched me, i need much higher Defence/ Magic Defence stats cuz his "Obliterate" move did 70,000 damage to characters with 10-18,000 HP.. not good

Anyone else preparing for him i would say get your luck up and your defences, you need maxed Agility, Accuracy and Strength as well and i wish you as much luck as i'm gonna need x_x

Prodigy
05-12-2003, 11:51 PM
Don't forget luck. You're gonna need that at around 150ish (possibly more, can't remember exactly).

Zenshen
05-13-2003, 04:21 PM
Heheheeeeeee.....isn't this creature frickin' awesome! :D

Yeah, quite simply you're gunna need all your stats maxed out, and as Prodigy said, you'll need luck levels of around 150 so that you start critical hitting most of the time.

And take out the arms first! He can't then use Judgement Day:

Judgement Day = 99,999HP on all + MP drained

:eek:

Get yourself some Ribbon encrusted armour too.

Good luck! :D

EDIT: Oh, and another picture of him:

http://www.ffcompendium.com/EspMon/penance10-b.jpg

The One Winged Angel
05-13-2003, 06:06 PM
Even Magic? i won't use that at all in the fight..

Lol, yeah i've heard horror stories about judgement day, some guy i know with a perfect party died because of it, i let him have a go with both arms just to see it and he just used Obliterate :(

I've got, Attack, Agility, Accuracy, Magic Defence, and now Defence at 255

and my luck ranges from 106 to 133, i've had no trouble hitting him and critical most of the time but i'm gonna pump it up a bit more just to be safe

Prodigy
05-13-2003, 07:23 PM
Yeh I'd reccomend getting luck so that you hit him 99% of the time and crit most of the time. Every little helps cos it's such a long battle.

Obliterate is the move he does before he changes I think. If I remember correctly he does Judgement day after you've taken off several million HP. Either way - don't let him do it!

The One Winged Angel
05-13-2003, 08:14 PM
How high would you recommend? Because most guides say 130+ i've got some guy saying i should have it at 255 and no less.. so i dunno how high i should get it...

Prodigy
05-13-2003, 08:41 PM
I'm pretty sure mine was around 150-170.

255 is completely unneccessary but I'd take it a bit higher than 130. Try it and see basically. If you're hitting almost every time and critting a good deal of the time then you'll be able to do it (providing everything else is up to scratch).

The One Winged Angel
05-13-2003, 09:49 PM
I already do hit most of the time and crit alot.. it's 166 with Tidus, need to raise the rest..

Where would you recommend HP? i've got 22-25k at the mo & i got plenty of stamina tablets.. so that's about 50 after a tablet..i'm gonna get them all up to at least 30 and then use a tablet..

Prodigy
05-14-2003, 12:52 AM
I never used stamina tablets. I had my HP at 35,000 I think. I can't remember but I think you get hit for around 20,000 at some point even with protect on. In that case aim for 30,000HP. Otherwise aim for 35,000 if you get hit for 30,000.

The problem is that there are HP based attacks so if you have high HP you'll suffer big damage from them and have to sacrifice more healing waters/megalixirs on getting HP back up.

This is bad for 2 reasons:

1. Wastes the items - you need a lot of them!
2. Wastes time. This is important.

Therefore keeping the HP low enough is essential. I can't remember if HP attacks do damage based on natural HP or adjusted HP but I think it's the latter - in which case stay away from the stamina tablet.

Rostum
05-14-2003, 10:05 AM
Shit, that looks tough. I'm not even going to attempt him.

The One Winged Angel
05-14-2003, 03:27 PM
Hmmmm... i see what you mean, well i'll try both, i'm at about 25k at the mo and obliteration is hitting for about 27

Prodigy
05-14-2003, 09:41 PM
Which move is obliteration? It's been a while but I do remember that he shold NEVER get to attack with both his hands there. That shouldn't happen under any circumstances otherwise you're in deep trouble.

Is he hitting for 27k with protect on? You really need protect. I'm sure I wasn't getting hit for that much ever.

The One Winged Angel
05-14-2003, 09:46 PM
His standard move, actually it was about 22-24k, and no that was without, with he only does like 11k

He's had an attack or 2 with both hands and did Obliterate both times, i just wanted to see his big move...

Prodigy
05-15-2003, 01:09 AM
If you want to see his BIG move then let him do it with both hands when you've taken off around 6 million health. THAT hurts. It nearly made me cry because I thought I was going to beat him that time.

I learnt the hard way. Never let him attack with both hands present!

Anyway, protect is pretty much a must. Saves a LOT of healing waters :)

The One Winged Angel
05-15-2003, 10:35 PM
Lol, the most i've done so far is about 1.5-2 mil

FinalLethal
05-21-2003, 12:58 PM
so is it safe to say no one has beaten him as of yet? i mean he is ridiculously hard, harder than ruby would people say? hardest boss ever in a final fantasy series?

Prodigy
05-21-2003, 12:59 PM
Actually quite a few people have beaten him, myself included (without Zanmato of course).

He's definately the hardest boss in any Final Fantasy game ever, there's no question - he's not TOO hard though. He just takes a stupid amount of preperation and time.

FinalLethal
05-21-2003, 01:03 PM
what i find hard to believe one winged angel is that you claim you had roughly 17,000hp for your characters? how were you able to beat the dark aeons? yojimbos zanmato? cuz if ur hp levels are 17,000 that means your other stats musn't be that high?

FinalLethal
05-21-2003, 01:05 PM
can someone tell me what penance is? does it explain it anywhere? or is it just some random boss that is really strong?

The One Winged Angel
05-21-2003, 08:45 PM
Big boss, big ouch

and actually my HP was low because i was focusing on the other stats, please, don't lower me to the "Zanmato" level

Prodigy
05-21-2003, 10:22 PM
Yep, just to reiterate - you can max out your stats using the Monster Arena but you get to choose what you're maxing. HP isn't such a big deal - so long as your defence is high and you've got protect on then Yojimbo will never do 17,000 damage anyway - nowhere near.

FinalLethal
05-22-2003, 08:03 AM
prodigy, explain maxing your stats at the monsters arena without maxing every other stat almost?

Prodigy
05-22-2003, 09:55 AM
What you do is you fight a certain monster over and over again - once that you know will drop 2 stat spheres (e.g. strength) when you kill it. Keep doing it till you've got enough. Then you buy some clear spheres from the guy (after you've got 5 of every monster). You go through the grid removing ANYTHING which isn't a +4 stat or +300hp, +40mp and replace it with the new +4 stats you've been collecting, activating as you go. Then when you get to 255 with a stat you move onto the next one.

FinalLethal
05-22-2003, 10:01 AM
i heard about that, but does it have to be an original monster or area conquest? 5 of every monster? you mean catching like 5 great malboros from inside sin etc?

The One Winged Angel
05-22-2003, 01:06 PM
Yeah, that's what i did, and also, Aeons make wonderful shields ;)

he means 5 of ever monster, so yes, great marlboros too, then he'll flog you clear spheres at 10k a pop

FinalLethal
05-29-2003, 08:28 AM
does he sell you attribute spheres like strength, defence etc? or do you have to get them off creature conquest monsters?

Prodigy
05-29-2003, 10:37 AM
Sadly you have to get all of these from certain monsters at the arena. It takes a very long time to max out your sphere grid!

Be patient.

FinalLethal
05-29-2003, 11:42 AM
wait prodigy, one question. If you have an already activated strength +1 node for tidus and his strength is say 150 when you go to put a clear node in and then another strength sphere in , willhe lose that 1 strength and go to 149 and then go up 4? or will he keepit and gain another 4?

Prodigy
05-29-2003, 11:52 AM
Any nodes that you remove which have been activated will remove those stats from the characters. So in your example if Tidus has activated a +1 strength sphere and then you take this out and replace it with a +4 sphere and activate that his strength will go up by an aggregate of 3.

Acelerando
06-02-2003, 11:22 AM
I want to meet Penance but i have a problem. I defeated all the dark aeons except for Yojimbo. The problem is that i just don't meet him 5 times but only four times. I tryed so much times. All my charachters have curseproof - ribbon armor about three times and I do not mention the number of weapons with break damage limit gained. But the problem is: Where the **** is Yojimbo the 5th time.When I walk out the entrance I can start all over again and when I walk back into the cavern again I never meet him the 5th time. Who can help me. After 196 hours I want to kill Penance.

Ooh and another question by the way: I love master spheres to activate my luck nodes. This Saves a lot of time cause I do not need to kill the Earth Eater over ander over. So are these only gained after killing dark aeons as rare item and create Nemesis in the monster Arena. Or is there any other way? Bribe won't help, I tryed each monster.

The One Winged Angel
06-02-2003, 01:18 PM
i had that trouble, you're probably missing the third one, at the t-junction where coming towards the screen takes you towards the entrance continue going right and you'll find him in a little cave

Yeah, i'm pretty sure only dark aeons and penance drop them as rare drops...

Russie_2003
06-10-2003, 05:54 PM
Listen guys listen, ive beat penance twice i beat the first time but wasnt happy with it, so i turned the computer off then back on got my stats higher and beat him again.

The best thing to do is get every stat about 200 but luck can be around 130-150, but hp will take u a while to get, ur gonna need about 70-80k if ur gonna beat and u could use ur aeons to protect u from dying, on ur armour, u MUST have auto-phoenix with at least 2 characters and always have 1 person with auto-life. you should have ur overdrive either set to stoic or comrade to keep getting Wakka's and Tidus's overdrive, use Auron's banishing blade get his defences down, then use Wakka's and Tidus's overdrives. oh and Anima, if u get his stats up really high, he takes off just under 2mil.

Trust me, you do every thing i say he'll be dead quicker than u saying Final Fantasy! lol

Im am the Final Fantasy X master!!
soz for boasting but i am hehehe

Prodigy
06-12-2003, 02:06 PM
Ahahahahaha

Sounds like someone doesn't know what he's talking about.

Dude, you have no idea. That is not how to beat Penance. What you are saying is a load of rubbish.

Russie_2003
06-12-2003, 02:15 PM
Thats exactly how u beat him, i should :skull::skull::skull::skull:ing know, ive beat him twice.

dont :skull::skull::skull::skull:ing say shit, just beacause u cant beat him, doesnt mean that its wrong!

Your proberly the sad one thinking its cool just because u beat him using Yojimbo.

Thats the losers way out.

i think i know wot im doing, seeing as every think i said i did it first, so i think it works!!

If ne1 else does exactly how i said they beat him easy.

The One Winged Angel
06-12-2003, 02:49 PM
Produgy sure as hell knows more about it than you, since if your method worked i'd be able to beat him now, or at least comc lose with all stats except Luck and Evasion and Magic at 255 and HP at 30-35k, however i can't, im confident that with auto-protect instead of auto-phoenix i could do it

Russie_2003
06-12-2003, 03:01 PM
well put it this way, i do know more, and if u cant do it, u both must be really shit,i bet u both struggled to beat the other dark aeons and Nemises.

Let me know when u come into the big leagues, i might stand a chance, but i very much doubt it.

Just be thankfull u had advice of a pro, and if cant handle it, u to dont deserve to be called Rookies, ur both below that, i beat Penance like that, so u to must be really shit. Just use Yojimbo on him, make it easy for yourselfs, go the cowards way out. thats wot rookies like u2 do.

Russie_2003
06-12-2003, 03:04 PM
o and of course ur not coming close to beating him, u only got 30-35k.

u need at least 70-80k, stupid!

i said that b4!

The One Winged Angel
06-12-2003, 04:14 PM
Look, you pompous idiot, neither of us had any trouble with any of the Dark Aeons, or Nemesis, and neither of us used Zanmato.

i used a Stamina tonic to get my HP to 70,000 and it was more of a disadvantage than an advantage

I expect you probably did beat him, but Prodigy's armour set up makes things a bit easier.

Russie_2003
06-12-2003, 04:34 PM
i have got good armour, brk hp,ribbion,hp+30 and auto-pheonix.
stamina tablets aint gonna do it, every time u die then after using it, ur hp goes back to normal, my hp is actually up 2 82k and wakka, yuna and aurons r up to about 75k hp.

The One Winged Angel
06-12-2003, 04:38 PM
HP of more than about 40k is more of a handicap than it is useful, and besides, if you're as good as you claim to be you shouldn't be dying in the first place, i'm not and i go on for about half an hour killing the arms to get Dark Matter and don't come very close to dying until then, and that's only because my stock of Healing Water does not exist yet.

Russie_2003
06-12-2003, 04:53 PM
who said ne thing about me dying? all i said is that when u do die after using using thats wat happened. it happened to me the firat time i ever played ffx and when i got to fight jecht at the end i had brk hp but i only had 9000 and it would got up to 18k, but died and my hp went back to normal.

first time i play a new ff game like to go through the story first, then the second time i play it i try to do everything, which ive nearly done. only rikku overdrives and stuff, and the attributes of the aeons.http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=581843

The One Winged Angel
06-12-2003, 04:57 PM
The first time i beat Braska's Final Aeon i had 3-4,000 HP and was hitting for about half that, do you have a point? You had no need for that much HP, just like you don't for Penance

Spatvark
06-12-2003, 05:08 PM
All of you can stfu right now. If you can't discuss this reasonably instead of fighting over it, then I will close this thread and give each and every one of you a warning.

The One Winged Angel
06-12-2003, 05:13 PM
Sorry, i was provoked, i get defensive when people don't believe things i've done but i'll stop now

Acelerando
06-12-2003, 07:51 PM
One thing is strange, after Auron's Banishing Blades overdrive. I use Tidus' overdrive Blitz Ace. And then I Grand Summon Anima. But Anima doesn't deal about 2 mil. damage and blitz ace in total deals about 160k damage, 8 times 10k and 1 time about 80k. I do not know what you are talking about Russie_2003 but the way you say you defeat Penance is impossible because Banishing Blade does not Break Penance his Armour. All my stats except for Evasion are 255. My luck is 186 !! with Tidus, Yuna, Wakka and Auron. You say you have +30%HP on your armour in my opinion is Auto-Protect better. I have 50k of HP on each charachter, and still Penance is nearly undefeatable. His Arms regenerate far to quick. All my Charachters have: Ribbon, Break HP, Auto-Haste and Auto-Protect. I do not want to defeat him with Zanmato. But each time I die because of the turns it take to destroy one arm. I also tryed Wakka's Attack Reels and than have 3 times a 2 hitter. But that still won't help.

If you really think you are mister FFX ?!! :eep: That's quite pathetic don't you think? It means you live to play FFX. Very cool life you have I must say, I only regret you lie about the way you defeated him and still are telling you are the FFX master. Maybe you should also go sometimes outside instead of playing on your PS2 and taste a bit of what life can really inhale. Probably the girls laugh at you more than the Titanic has seen iron. And is that the reason you hide yourself inside.

Prodigy
06-13-2003, 12:36 AM
Spatty-poo-poo: who's that aimed at?

Clearly what we have here is a troll (Russie_2003).

I think he's purposefully trying to wind the board members up by posting things he knows not to be true.

Accelerando is correct - you cannot put any breaks on penance - it doesn't affect him at all.

Also if you have hp+30% on your armour then quite frankly you're insane. I don't believe for a second that you've beaten him using your methods. Aeons are utterly pointless against him.

The tried and tested way of beating him is the strategy that I've posted several times. It can be done slightly differently but it makes it a lot more difficult and you'll end up in a world of pain. Even following the best strategy known it still takes a very long time to kill him.

For a start you really need your stats at 255.
Not "around 200".

Hp needs to be around 30-40k - not 80k.

Auto-phoenix is a terrible waste of time. You shouldn't be dying - you simply can't afford the time penalty and subsequent pain in the arse period that follows. Time is important, especially if you don't want to run out of megalixirs/healing waters and have to start double casting cure cos that would really be messy. The more HP/longer you take = more your healing items will run out.

The overdrives are also not the way to go - only use them if you're desperate. Anima can't EVER do 2 million damage. His max is just under 1.6 million and you won't get ANYWHERE near that on Penance - simply because you can't lower his defences.

If anyone still needs help with Penance then just read back through this thread - I'm pretty sure I've given all the information needed on how to beat him. It takes a lot of time, effort and patience but it's quite satisfying if you've got nothing better to do.

La Boomsikashod
06-13-2003, 04:10 PM
Haha Russie, that was pathetic. ;) Breaking Penance's armor... lol...
Attack Reels, BlitzAce, Oblivion all do insignificant damage to penance. You'll need Quick Hits with celestial weapons since they ignore enemy defence (in Penance's case that's a whole lot defence you no longer have to deal with).
Bluntly speaking, that is one of the crappest Penance strategies I've ever seen... well at least better than Zanmato-ing I guess. Or maybe you're purposely posting up such stupid things, just to hear everyone belittle you. :p

Listen to Prodigy, man, at least he knows what he's talking about. ;)

I recommend stats:
- 255 Str, Def, Agi, Acc
- Mag, MDef, Eva are not necessary (ie. they can be at 0 and it won't make the battle any harder). But you'll probably have them at high figures anyway from defeating Dark Aeons, creations etc.
- 100+ luck would be good, if you have less then you need to do Aim x5 at start of battle. Of course 255 is best if you have the patience to kill that many EEs...
- MP is also fairly insignificant cuz you'll have Three Stars.
- min 25000-30000 HP would be required, you should double it with Stamina Tonic and you'll be safer.
50000 base HP (doubled to become 99999) is best of course, as it means less healing required = more turns to attack Penance. Anymore than 50000 isn't that necessary as you can only get max of 99999 anyways.

Armor: Break HP Limit, Ribbon, Auto-Protect, Auto-Haste
Weapon: Celestial weapons, of course. I prefer Rikku, Tidus and Wakka but it's up to you.

Strats:
Cheer 5 times at start of battle when you got the opportunity, as that will reduce Obliteration and Immolation damage by about 25%, for the whole battle. That means approx 7500-8000 Obliterations and 11000-12000 Immolations.

Aim 5 times if your luck is low.

If you don't have Auto-Protect or Auto-Haste, then use items to cast those positive buffs on your chars. But you really should have them in "auto" because you'll be dispelling a lot in 2nd phase due to Immolations.

Use Three Stars to remove MP costs.
Use Stamina Tonic to double HPs if it's not already 99999.

Attack arms when they come out with quick hits, but save the last hit (ie. 6th) to just before that arm's turn. This means you should attack each arm exactly 5 times beforehand, keep a mental count of that number for each arm. (you'll get used to counting after like half an hour of fighting :)). That way you deal with the least # of arms possible throughout the fight. As a rule, no arm should ever get a turn in the battle except maybe 1 or 2 attacks at the very start. If you get hit by Calamity then Dispel the break effects.

Once arms are dead or their turn isn't coming up then heal yourself or attack Penance (Quick Hits of course). Healing means Quick Pocket+Megalixir if your maxHP is low, or Mix something like Final Elixir if HPs are high (eg. >40000). Curaga takes too long recovery time and doesn't heal that much anyways. You should heal once any character's HP falls below 15000-ish. You need at least 13000 to safely survive an Immolation with 5xCheer + 255 Def + Auto-Protect. This healing ensures no character ever dies in the whole battle, this saves you from having to do your Cheers/Aims/Tonic/ThreeStars again, and saves a lot of valuable turns.

Note: You should also finish off arms (ie. do the 6th hit) if Penance's turn is coming up and there are 2 arms alive, even if the arm's turn is not coming up. This is to avoid Judgement Day. Only applies to 2nd phase.

In the 2nd phase, be sure to Dispel anyone who gets Armor Breaked by Immolation, you can do this anytime before Penance's next turn. If for some reason you didn't have Auto-Protect or Auto-Haste in your armor, then now's the time to use Light Curtain / Chocobo Feather... (White Magic takes more recovery time).

You should never need to switch any characters. Aeons are ovbiously not needed in the fight, unless you wanna Zanmato but that's an entirely different story...

Overall, Penance is quite easy once you get the routine set up. You never die... no arms attack you... it's all a matter of taking your time to gradually wear down Penance's 12mil HPs until he falls. The battle lasts from 30min to 1hr, depending on how laid back you are in entering commands etc. ;) But the setting up process (stat maxing, Dark Aeons etc..) does take much effort and patience to do.

Prodigy
06-13-2003, 06:08 PM
Yep that's a good strategy there - basically the same as the one I used except I didn't have that much HP. It's been a while since I fought him but I was pretty sure that he had a HP based attack which means if you have a lot of HP you're gonna suffer a lot of damage and hence need more time healing.

Didn't know about cheer making any difference so that's new. Everything else has been mentioned but your strategy is well written and informative - good work.

You're right of course - he's not that difficult but it does take a lot of time to prepare and a lot of time to fight. There is no other boss in any Final Fantasy that takes anywhere near as much preperation/fighting time. That's why I'd say he's the hardest super boss ever (in FFs)

La Boomsikashod
06-14-2003, 03:03 AM
Yup one of the arms does Tera Graviton which is HP based. But you shouldn't need to face more than one of those, as you prevent arms from getting any turns after their first one.
Penance's 2 primary attacks aren't gravity based I don't think.

I agree he should be classified the "hardest FF boss", simply based on the amount of work required to even have a chance against him. :)

Acelerando
06-14-2003, 04:47 PM
Strange I do not see this "master" anymore ?

I see my stats are even better and I still did not defeated him, and you guys did. Maybe I should have more patience. Only one question left. Where do I get lots of healing water?.. Stealing from Adamantoise works far to slow. Is there any creature in the game I can bribe for this ?

Russie_2003
06-14-2003, 05:22 PM
I am here, i just cant be bothered to answer back to all ur immaturity.

i know my method is right, cos i actully did b4 writing it on here, and i beat him like he was Omega Weapon.

im unsubcribing cos ur all getting on my nerves now.

The One Winged Angel
06-14-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Russie_2003
im unsubcribing cos ur all getting on my nerves now.

Shame that, ah well

Yah tetra graviton is what got me when i was using stamina tonics/tablets since i was only on like half health after using them, cheer is a good idea though

JJC8623
06-15-2003, 03:32 PM
What is Penance called in the American Verision?
Is it even in the American Version?

The One Winged Angel
06-15-2003, 03:36 PM
No, he's not

stiltskinstrips
06-27-2003, 03:33 PM
Just try to go all over the cave before meeting him up lastly at the area near the exit. Look for an area in the map which is a dead end and is shaped like a small square. I'm sure that’s where you’re missing a fight with Yojimbo! :D

stiltskinstrips
06-27-2003, 04:23 PM
Anyone know where I can get a lot of megalixirs? Can I bribe a monster in the monster arena for this?

aeris2001
07-06-2003, 05:49 PM
i,m not gonna get involved in this silly fight. i,ll just post my way.

stats 45,000 k or so each hp
luck only 120 or so
max everything else

celestial weapons

break hp
ribbion
auto haste
auto phoenix

i kill the arms seperately using quick hit, i seperate them so he never has a chance 2 cast judgement day. mighty guard or protects when needed. i also use quick pockets and megaexlirs

in second form imolation breaks u so its impossible NOT 2 be dying when he hits a breaked character. (though i just heard dispel gets rid of break status, never tried that since i assumed remedy was esuna and dispel 2gether and it didnt work) auto phoenix sorts that and of course recasting protects and megaelixirs.

its surprisingly quite easy when u use the right straedgy. of course, he is still BY FAR THE HARDEST BOSS IN ANY FF GAME. not even the magus sisters,the second hardest boss ever, comes close.

stiltskinstrips
08-09-2003, 05:48 PM
whew! i finally defeated Penance! Here's what i did...

I've got Rikku, Wakka, and Tidus, all of them got their celestial weapons, and armors with Break Hp limit, Ribbon, Auto-Protect, and Auto-Haste.

Stats are all 255 except Magic (as i didn't use much of it), and Luck which was around 170. HP's are all around 35,000 (mind you, i didn't use stamina tonic, it's more of a disadvantage to me). And I had to make sure I have plenty healing waters in my inventory.

At the start of the fight, i casted triple star on my party, i also casted auto-life to everybody (just in case, although no one died throughout the fight). The first form of penance is quite easy, so i just kept on using quick hit. When HP runs low, i use healing water, when it runs really low, that's where Rikku comes in useful. I use Final Elixir which replenishes all HP. If you've notice, it takes 6 hits of 99,999 to kill an arm (every arm i know has 500,000 HP), so it would take 12 hits to kill both hands. Try to doublecast a magic, cast it on each arm (so that's one turn) and kill them with quick hits, so you save one precious turn. Just keep on quick hitting and his first form will be down in no time. On it's second form, that's when things gets tough. You now have to pay attention on the action bar (i mean the bar on the upper right of your screen when you fight) Make sure that not both arms are present when the body takes its turn, as it might use Judgement day. At the start of the second form, kill one arm, and hit the other arm 5 times (don't kill it just yet). Then start pummeling the body! As soon as the first arm you kill regenerates or just before you know it will regenerate, that's the time you should kill the other. (With this process, you will also avoid an arm using Tera-Graviton which deals a nasty amount of damage). DO NOT kill both arms at the same time, as they will regenerate at the same time! YOu'll have a hard time killing them when that happens. Just do this process repeatedly. But beware, 'coz just before the body takes it's turn, sometimes it would cheat and regenerate it's arm and use Judgement day (but that would be no problem if you casted auto-life with the whole party). Sometimes an arm will be able to cast Mighty Guard, make sure that you kill it before it's next turn as it usually do Tera-Graviton, if not Slowga. Just keep on using healing water or Rikku's Final Elixir whenever HP runs low.
:D

fallenangel_masamune
12-05-2003, 12:20 AM
Some nice ideas but......

All you people arguing about how much HP you need try this.

Celestial Weapons.
Armor: Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Auto-Potion, Defense+20.
No Hi/Potions. 99 X potions.
Max Stats.(Luck over 125).

in battle quick-hit left arm till it dies, then right one.
until left arm regenerates use cheer until you've used it five times. Use Three Stars once.
From now on only quick hit Penance if both arms are dead.
It takes a while but you can do it without being KO,d once.

Remember Overdrives and Aeons are not your friends.
Quick hit is always there for you.

No flames please but write back if it works for you.

jochirin
12-05-2003, 01:10 PM
um some one said something about dubelcasting curaga.. you cannot double cast white magic... and some one said evasion does not need to be maxed out.. i might be wrong but dosent evasion affect your speed so if its not maxed out you will not have as many turns... am i right