PDA

View Full Version : Changing Party Members

EveningCross
05-13-2003, 02:54 AM
Do you ever have trouble deciding how to juggle who will be in your party and at what time so that they all kind of level up around the same time? I hate to get all of the characters and then only use three of them. Plus the fact that I like at least one of each character's moves/attributes/abilities. Still, I have my favorites and sometimes I kinda forget to change to someone else. I hate having to change but I hate neglecting my people!!! Anybody know what I mean?

Enigma
05-13-2003, 03:17 AM
I have the same sad problem. It's like they're real people and I feel kinda sorry for the ones not in the party, lol.

crono_logical
05-13-2003, 04:51 AM
I tend to avoid Aeris, Nanaki, Vincent and Cait Sith when I can, so picking was easier, I just chose who I felt like using of the others, since they all level up with you anyway, only slightly slower if not in the party :p

Zifnab
05-13-2003, 09:52 AM
I always choose 2 people to accompany Cloud at the start of each game then stick with them unless the game makes you choose someone else. I find characters you don't use don't say anything in certain situations and so they get lost in the plot. So the plot seems to develop more around whoever is in your party cause they get a say in things.

Prodigy
05-13-2003, 10:27 AM
I simply pick Cloud, Tifa & Red XIII - that's the best option imo. I don't bother levelling up any other characters - they level up automatically anyway even if they're not in the party (albeit more slowly).

Red XIII is great to have because early on he gets a fantastic weapon after doing his little part of the story, Tifa has a great limit break and cloud...well, he's cloud.

fallen_cloud
05-13-2003, 02:56 PM
I agree with prodigy, until I get Vinecnt. Then I swap him for Red XIII. Vincent's just cool like that.

Psychotic
05-13-2003, 06:28 PM
I agree with prodigy, my original all powerful FFVII party consisted of that, but when I lost the memory card and started again some other time, it consisted of Cloud, Red XIII and Cid. And that is my party now. Yay.

Burtsplurt
05-13-2003, 06:57 PM
I tend to swap around each game, but not during a game. I never bother with Vincent, Cait Sith and Red XIII, though. Maybe I should try using Vincent some time.

edczxcvbnm
05-13-2003, 08:24 PM
Its all about Cloud, Cid and Cait Sith. Everyone else has a crappy limit break.

Strider
05-14-2003, 12:42 AM
Well, considering this is the first time I'm really playing through the game, let's see how I've done so far. . .

Since you've gotta have Cloud pretty much everywhere, he's on the list. I'd say the three people I've used the most outside of Mr. Strife are Aeris, Red XIII and Cid. Of course, I just barely got everyone and I haven't had a chance to really use them all so far (I'm only at the Temple of Ancients). I'm one of the people that tries to use everyone at certain points, unaware if it's beneficial or not. Vincent and Yuffie aren't bad, and neither are Barret, Tifa or Cait Sith. So far, I've usually used the aforementioned three the most.

Boko Mog
05-14-2003, 03:44 AM
No, I don't really care about anyone besides Cloud, Barret, Cid, and Aeris... Like already mentioned already, they automatically level up (slower, though), so I'm pretty much covered.

Rude
05-14-2003, 04:44 PM
The problem is only having three characters in your party. Out of 9 and eventually 8 characters , three characters at one time is simply not enough. To make things worse, one of those characters has to be Cloud, who I find completely mundane and tedious to use.

DocFrance
05-15-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Rude
The problem is only having three characters in your party. Out of 9 and eventually 8 characters , three characters at one time is simply not enough. To make things worse, one of those characters has to be Cloud, who I find completely mundane and tedious to use.

Agreed. I miss the FFVI and CT (near the end) way of doing things, where you didn't have to have the main character leading your party 99% of the time. Damn you Cecil, damn you I say.

Blade
05-15-2003, 01:42 PM
I think it is better just to keep certain characters, that way they get way stronger. Also the storyline stays the same, with the character (doesnt switch the characters around)

EveningCross
05-18-2003, 05:50 AM
It's true what you say and I appreciate all of the replies but it's just their haunting, desperate stares whenever the game asks you to pick your party. People like Yuffie, Aeris, and Tifa (I don't think that any of the male characters do this) are sitting there with these bright smiles on their faces like they're thinking "Please pick me! You NEVER use me! I'LL KILL YOU!" I think that Squaresoft employees get a twisted little kick out of laying the guilt trip on gamers. It's not just in this game. But also in FFT. When you give someone the boot (usually those dadgum chocobos that breed like roaches) they can't just leave. They always have to get a final say in to make you feel bad. Saying things like "Are our worlds really this different?" I know that this is the FFVII forum but I guess I'm just realizing that all of the games kind of make you notice that you're neglecting other party members except for those like FFVI where everybody gets a shot whether they suck or not. >Sigh<

Lord Xehanort
05-18-2003, 11:57 AM
Cloud, Vincent (complete with Chaos limit), and of course Red XIII. When Cloud gets Mako poisoning... I briefly replace him with Cid. I never use Yuffie. Yet I still bothered to get her.

Magai
05-19-2003, 11:45 PM
I really don't like the fact that you MUST use Cloud. He is one of my most hated characters in FF7. Other than that picking a party is no prob.

Rude
05-19-2003, 11:57 PM
I really don't like the fact that you MUST use Cloud. He is one of my most hated characters in FF7. Other than that picking a party is no prob.

Amen.