PDA

View Full Version : Portrayal of Marle in Crono Trigger

darkchrono
05-13-2003, 03:09 AM
Now I have never completely finished Crono Trigger so there maybe an explanation that I am not aware of.

But I always found it interesting how in the game Marle is a princess with kind of a sweet and bubbling type of personality. Yet in the main picture of her that was drawn for the game she is kind of shown as a kind of firey type. With more along the lines of a 'Wild one' type of personality.

this is the picture I am mainly talking about. The one of her on the left on this page.

http://www.fantasyanime.com/squaresoft/ctchar.htm

crono_logical
05-13-2003, 04:17 AM
I never thought of Marle as a sweet bubbly character :p

Just look at her in this picture, princesses don't behave like that :p

http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=559876

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-13-2003, 08:47 PM
S'right. I've always known her to be the fiery type.

Imperia
05-17-2003, 06:42 PM
It seems that the web master of that site really doesn't like Marle, and portrays her as an annoying, air-headed ditz.
I don't know what this person saw in her, but I did not see a drop of air-headed ditziness at all. Marle reminds me of myself sometimes. I'm not ditzy, but very mature, and still love to have lots of fun. I'm the fiery tipe like she is. Whoever thinks Marle's a ditz needs to take a "fruit-farm pill."

Spatvark
05-17-2003, 08:22 PM
Oh wait, you mean all that nasty stuff I wrote about Marle for the CT section on the site? Yup, I'm the
one to blame for that...

let's see, she has no idea of what to actually do in this bold new world she's escaped into, i.e. the OUTSIDE. In 600AD, she acts like a kid when mistaken for Queen Leene. In 2300AD, Arris Dome, she can't resist playing about with the big machine; she comes up with one of the most retarded names I've ever heard while in Proto Dome. I'd think of more, but I'm a bit too tired.

One last thing though; she's not fiery, she's just going through puberty =O!

Imperia
05-18-2003, 12:44 AM
Hm. You're right about THOSE things about Marle, She does act before she thinks...
As for the puberty thing, she may have been going through it, but I'm not!:D Puberty is over for me.

animelover4all
05-18-2003, 11:44 PM
Marle is definately a fiery one. Just think back to Chrono's trial. Acutally, both trials. If you had Marle in your group during the 2ND trial (the one the king was in), you definately got to see her fiery side. I mean, come on, she jumped through a stained-glass window!! How much more fiery can you get?

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-27-2003, 07:08 PM
I wouldn't call that firery....

I would call that passonate.

She loves her father and doesn't want him exicuted.

crono_logical
05-27-2003, 09:37 PM
I would call jumping through a stained glass window a stunt, not necessarily fiery :p Or suicide - but in either case, still not bubbly :p

MagicKnight Locke
06-09-2003, 09:42 PM
From the start,when i first bumped into her,when i first played CT i thought she was a fiery character