PDA

View Full Version : SPOLIERS: the bit at the end........

Bahmant zero
05-13-2003, 07:16 PM
Spoliers (well duh), anyway, near the end, just before the credits roll you see aeris opening her eyes and her tune briefly playing, how did you lot interpret this? i took it as she summoned the lifestream, but the bits where cloud says
"i think i understand an answer from the planet...the promised land we can meet her there....
tifa: yeah, lets go meet her"
this seems a bit more strange.... what do you lot think?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-13-2003, 08:41 PM
I think it's very reminiscent of her first appearance in the game, during the opening FMV. The significance of showing her in that same light at the very end, I think, is that she foresaw everything from the beginning, at least to some extent. That's all.

Of course, Aeris sending Lifestream from beyond the grave in order to save the Planet would be very trite and anime-esque, so it's a definite possibility, too.

PhoenixAsh
05-13-2003, 08:58 PM
I know it's unrealistic, but it isn't denied in the game so I choose to believe she comes back.

Personally I believe the Promised Land is under Midgar, and you can see her flash there so when Cloud talks about the promised land I think she's actually returned home.

I know this is reading a lot, and I haven't justified it much here because I honestly don't expect anyone to agree, I just want to believe that.

zacks_clone
05-13-2003, 11:08 PM
The 'lets meet aeris in the promise land' thing to me is abit diffrent.I think of it as ( no offense to anyons religiond and im not even sure i should be post things with a religious 'theme') heaven.I know there reallys isnt one shown or mentioned in the game,in that world,but thats how i see it.They will meet her in the promise land.Their heaven.After they pass away,or maybe even in their dreams

DocFrance
05-15-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by zacks_clone
The 'lets meet aeris in the promise land' thing to me is abit diffrent.I think of it as ( no offense to anyons religiond and im not even sure i should be post things with a religious 'theme') heaven.I know there reallys isnt one shown or mentioned in the game,in that world,but thats how i see it.They will meet her in the promise land.Their heaven.After they pass away,or maybe even in their dreams
Agreed. Just because 'land' is a part of 'Promised Land' doesn't mean that it's an actual region or planet. Most, if not all religions, including Christianity have a form of 'Promised Land' where your soul supposedly goes when you die. In the FF7 world, your soul *physically* goes to join with the Lifestream, but *spiritually*, you do to the Promised Land.

Enigma
05-15-2003, 01:59 AM
One of my friends thought of this:

He believed that the Promised Land is like a Heaven so at the end where the meteor explodes and the flash of light goes across the characters faces', they all die and go to the Promised Land but that wouldn't explain why Red XIII is alive but he said that the light didn't flash across his face but I dunno, I'll have to see.

Big D
05-15-2003, 02:06 AM
Aeris' face at the end is a deliberate bit of parallelism to the opening scene.

I think its meant to remind the viewer that she is responsible for the Lifestream's arrival in hte time of need.

As for meeting her at the Promised Land... Cloud finally began to understand the connection between the Cetra and the Planet, so I think he realised that it'd be possible to 'meet' Aeris, on a spiritual level at least - perhaps by going to someplace where the Lifestream was active and accessible.

Besimudo
05-15-2003, 03:02 AM
Well this to me is not the end but the beggining of the new paridise (a notion which I have been heavily attacked for in other threads).

Aeris is simply the arc who deliver the pure to the new eden a place free of corruption. The decimated ruins of shinRa are a monument to the triumph of the pure over the corrupt. But as FF7 illustrates this kind of bliss is achieved by means of basic internal knowledge and not the temporary kind of knowledge contemporary society (befor the disaster) was interested in. This is a strong connection to our world as it seems so many of us are interested in the temporary and believe that we can some how "progress" beyond the infinite... Trust me the ancient cultures knew more than we do today, about what really matters!!

The fact Nanasai endures shows that those close to God "spirtual relationship" will survive the disaster.

Mo-Nercy
05-15-2003, 09:38 AM
There's a theory that the part with Aeris opening her eyes at the end is Aeris waking up from a dream. The dream being the whole game you just played through.

I doubt it though, most people wake up from their dreams when they die in the dream

PhoenixAsh
05-15-2003, 09:17 PM
Well I think the mako flying around her is a bigger clue unless she sleeps in it. If anyone was gonna fantasize it I'd have said it was Cloud given he should have died just before he met Aeris. Seems a bit pointless though.

So Besimudo are you saying humanity died and the planet became heaven, or that the bad people went to paradise while the good were left in ruins?