PDA

View Full Version : Help Wanted

Blackmage
05-14-2003, 02:01 AM
Alright, I've been getting rather bored lately. So, I got to thinking, "You know, I have absolutely nothing to do this summer. Hmm... I'll bet that if I had all the calculations for damages and what-not, I could make a tabletop version of Tactics." All you need is a simple program to keep track of AT's, calculate damages, and other operations, along with a basic setup of a battlefield and figures to show units (I figure LEGOs would work reeeeeally well for this.).

...But, all I'm missing is the methods of dealing damage for each and every attack. That's where you bright fellow FFT players come in. If you can get me all the calculations for attacks, I could easily develop a tabletop simulation of FFT battles.

So, do any of you know where I might find such formulas, or do any of you know the formulas? It would be really cool to create this; I figure I could give it a site if I can get it going well enough.

Iori
05-14-2003, 02:53 AM
wow! thats a great idea!.. now im all jealous, cause i wanna play, and were probly not in the same country... but.. I will dedicate the fact that i quit school, and that i am unemployed, to help you.... i play tactics alot, and i might be able to help.. i am actually working on my own game at the moment. its like tactics on steroids.. if i make it bigtime, itll take like 3 discs, and 4 gigs of memory :p

Night_Sword
05-14-2003, 03:01 AM
I know most if not all the formulas, but it would probably be easier to get them at gamefaqs.com in the 'battle mechanics guide'. Monster formulas are in the Tactics section now so....

Blackmage
05-14-2003, 02:03 PM
...Go figure, everything I need is on a website; on fftactics.net, no less (A shame I didn't know it existed beforehand.). Well, it'll be a while until I begin work since I'm gonna haveta wait 'til summer begins.

Well, anyways, I'll use my site for any updates on the development.