PDA

View Full Version : Which FF Has The Best Music?

Enigma
05-15-2003, 02:38 AM
I'm not sure about you all but Music is one of the biggest things in RPGs to me, they add feeling and get you into the game. So which FF has the best music?

EDIT: I accidently made it a multiple choice poll, can a mod please fix that for me and make it normal.

Kurohime
05-15-2003, 06:53 AM
Ehehe... this is coming from She Who Is Obsessed with Final Fantasy 9.

I choose... FINAL FANTASY 9!!!!!11

While I think I have favorites from every single FF game, FF9 has my overall favorite music.

Lexy
05-15-2003, 07:06 AM
VI! The only other games with music even nearly as good imo are III, IV, and maybe even VII...but the music in VI is AWESOME! (especially considering it sounded that good in '93 on snes)

Mo-Nercy
05-15-2003, 08:28 AM
FFVIII. All music is great except for the extremely repetative world map music.

Psychotic
05-15-2003, 06:31 PM
Leave it as more than one choice, as I had to vote for both VII and VIII because I really can't choose between them. VI comes a close third.

Book
05-15-2003, 09:32 PM
Some of my favorite songs are from FF6 but the FF7 soundtrack brings back great memories for evey track.

Enigma
05-16-2003, 04:32 AM
I think I meant to make this a mutlipe choice, I dunno.

But I think FFVII and FFVIII tie. FF7 has simple but beautiful songs that make you think. FF8 songs remind of Shakespeare for some reason. So deep and powerful.

Cloud_99
06-24-2004, 11:22 PM
VIII had by far the best soundtrack in the universe, nothing (Bar the D) can defeat it's musical glory and awesomness. (and awesomness is a word because I say it is) :D

black orb
06-25-2004, 02:03 AM
>>> FFX.

Lord Chainsaw
06-25-2004, 02:12 AM
Oh, this is a toughie.

Final Fantasy IV has the Four Fiends battle as well as the regular boss battle and the final battle which I like.

Final Fantasy V has the Gilgamesh battle.

Final Fantasy VI has Dancing Mad.

Final Fantasy VII has Aeris' Theme, J-E-N-O-V-A, One Winged Angel and Birth of a God.

Final Fantasy VIII has Liberi Fatali, Ultimecia's Castle and The Extreme.

Final Fantasy IX has Jesters of the Moon, Last Battle, Kuja's Theme, Dark Messenger, You are Not Alone, and that Flamenco one.

Final Fantasy X has Seymour Battle and the Flux battle (name escapes me)

Final Fantasy XI has Selbina and outside of Sandoria.

Final Fantasy X-2 has...nothing.

Mystic Quest has the boss battle, Doom Castle, the Volcano, and the Final Battle.

Yeah I'm gonna have to go with Mystic Quest. But since that isn't an option, I'll have to side with Final Fantasy IX. It just has so many great tracks on it.

sephiroth21
06-25-2004, 02:26 AM
ff 10 hands down. to zanarkand, some day the dream will end, symore's music and every thing else.......but nothing tops ff 7 one winged angel

AaronD
06-25-2004, 05:58 AM
FF4 Four fiends song
FF7 Boss music, Sephiroth's music when leaving the mansion
FFT Formation screen and fighting Zodian Monsters

Rase
06-25-2004, 06:27 AM
Mystic Quest!

Then FFIV.

The Captain
06-25-2004, 06:37 AM
For me, I'd say FFVIII because the music carried so much weight to it, and felt like an epic. The orchestrated versions of the score sound like something right out of a grand movie.

Though, you honestly can't go wrong with any of them: FFVI, FFVII, FFIX, FFX, FFT all had great, great scores as well.

Take care all.

BottledJustice
06-25-2004, 07:36 AM
I strongly urge you to get the orchestrated version of One-Winged Angel. That is one of the greatest songs....

Jecht Shot
06-25-2004, 01:56 PM
From top to bottom, I'd have to go with FFIV. Every song is good, IMO.

Armisael
06-25-2004, 03:45 PM
i am between ffvii,ffviii,ffix but my vote goes to ffix.i think that loss of me,crossing the knoll and especially bittersweet romance makes the difference.

Trumpet Thief
06-25-2004, 04:10 PM
Let's see...

I loved FFIV's Final Battle music, and the boss battle was great. Then came FFVI's music, which had many great tracks, especially Kefka's theme, Edgar and Sabin's theme, and Celes theme.

Final Fantasy VII had a countless amount of great tracks, the best one being One Winged Angel. But I think I'm going to have to choose FFVIII, because I loved all of the music in that game, although I hated The Extreme, yet Maybe I'm a Lion made up for that.

Yuzuki130
06-25-2004, 04:24 PM
In my opinion, Final Fantasy VIII definetly had the best music. It just doesn't get better than FF VIII's soundtrack. I don't think that there was anyway to improve on it- it was just that good.

Del Murder
06-26-2004, 06:41 AM
IX has the most quality songs, and they were a nice variety of speeds and moods. Good stuff.

EDIT: Heh, I saw this had posts from May, but that was may of last year. Plus we have another thread on this subject.