PDA

View Full Version : Humor.

Strider
05-15-2003, 11:07 AM
We all love it. I know I love it. This game has some pretty humorous things going on in it. I just got the Highwind, and I can't get over how neurotic the pilot is.

"Egahhhhhhh! Are we going?"
"Egaaaaahhhh! We're going!"

I seriously must've kept the Highwind in place for several minutes, just so I could see this guy freak out over and over again. It was great. :D

Now, I ask you to grace this thread with what you consider to be the best moments of humor in this fine game. Have at it!

Zifnab
05-15-2003, 03:36 PM
(You posted the thread twice you daft bugger :P)

I think alot of humor suddenly vanished from FF7 after you leave Midgar. Before there was so many little things to make a player laugh, but then it turned into the odd occasion where there was a laugh. Maybe that was intentional.

I think Cloud cross dressing, followed by his passes at Corneo (if you got hin to choose you) were amusing.

edczxcvbnm
05-15-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Jenova·Rebirth
(You posted the thread twice you daft bugger :P)

It isn't his fault. It is a glitch in the system. I could do it with the same exact thread and title 20 times and have it all register at the same time.

Flying Mullet
05-15-2003, 09:18 PM
Palmer getting blind-sided by the truck always did and always will make me laugh. That's always a great scene.

Strider
05-16-2003, 02:13 AM
Whoops, the system was being slow and I thought I'd try posting it again. My mistake.

I didn't think Palmer getting hit by the truck would be as funny as I thought it was, but it was awesome to watch.

Another thing I think is entertaining is the way that Reno seems to hate his job. Watching him get drunk in Wutai was pretty amusing.

Enigma
05-16-2003, 04:27 AM
Cid and Barret when they get mad.

"Your spikey-headed ass!"-Barret
"Sit down and drink your goddam tea!"-Cid

IamTidus
05-16-2003, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Enigma
That one always makes me laugh!

I liked watching Cid run it seemed he always waslooking for a restroom. Ya Know?

Storm
05-16-2003, 04:52 AM
I love the scene where the Turks finish off Corneo. I think Rude threw a nice at Corneo from far away, and then Reno said something that didn't make any sense but was damn funny anyways.

HOOTERS
05-16-2003, 12:48 PM
After Yuffie's father gives her a lecture on morality (or something similar) and when everybody else has left, just before she leaves he says "You don't suppose they'll be needing their materia, do you?" That cracked me up.

Loony BoB
05-16-2003, 01:47 PM
I liked watching Palmer get hit by a bus, and how everytime someone says "Pipe" they all crack up laughing.

Blackmage
05-17-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Enigma
Cid's the best.

Mo-Nercy
05-17-2003, 02:20 PM
The constipated guy in Rocket Town Inn. hehehe, he's been in there forever.

Vincent in the coffin, that was hilarious when I first saw it.

Sephiroth chucking the materia into Clouds gut in the Shinra Mansion, also funny stuff.

Bugenhagen, or as I call him bugger-hugger, when I first saw him. "Is he..hovering?" Laughed for about 10 mins then.

And the first time I ever saw a chocobo. Also lead a good long laugh

Big D
05-20-2003, 12:08 AM
There's another scene which is kinda amusing... when you board the submarine for the first time, you get the option of either fighting or imprisoning the crew. Now, I always take them prisoner - it's the humane thing to do and besides they're really not that bad.

But if you do choose to fight them, the battle is a bit of a laugh:

The music from Rufus' welcoming parade begins to play, and the soldiers scream in rage and desperation before making their hopelessly inept attacks which almost always miss:

Soldier: "Eeeeaagh!"

*throws Grenade*

*misses*

The EXP and AP bonus for defeating them is surprisingly high, considering how incompetent they are. I feel so sorry for these guys that if I ever choose to fight them, I always re-set afterward and then just capture them.

Strider
05-20-2003, 07:16 AM
Even better pilot-in-training quotes. . .

"Okay, Cloud, I'm going!!!"
- Alright
- Uh, wait a sec.

Priceless.

Quotes from Reno. :D

Sorceress Fujin
06-05-2003, 05:34 AM
The "Miss Cloud" sequence in Wall Market.
"Ya big cat!" Barret to Cait Sith
The guy doing the pee-pee dance in the Wall Market bar.
Palmer getting hit by that truck (or something)
And of course...
"Sit your ass down in that chair and drink your goddamn TEA!!":laugh:

Heh. OK, I'll stop there.

Max
06-05-2003, 06:22 PM
Alright hold on to yer drawers and don't piss in em!Cids the funniest charecter in the game!:D :D :D

Pure Strife
06-05-2003, 06:40 PM
Tifa: "It was late. I was getting cold, and didn't think you were going to come."

Another member pointed that out in another thread. I haven't thought of FF7 the same way since.

Dragonfire
06-05-2003, 08:12 PM
*sighs* can we have a humor thread without someone taking a line way out of context!? *sighs*

anyway, almost anything Cid says, and Palmer getting hit makes me laugh everytime.

you just see that little fatass try to run away, then......

*SMACK*

fatass flying!

Big D
06-06-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Pure Strife
Tifa: "It was late. I was getting cold, and didn't think you were going to come."

Another member pointed that out in another thread. I haven't thought of FF7 the same way since. DAMN that's sick...

DocFrance
06-06-2003, 06:04 AM
I'm going to go cry in a corner. Mostly because that dirty little thought crossed my mind as well the first time through. Well, time for a nice cold shower.

Zenshen
06-06-2003, 11:38 PM
*Palmer enters Cid's house*

Palmer: "Hey, hey, hey! Is that tea? Can I have mine with lots of sugar in it? Oh, and don't forget the lard."

He makes a great fatman. :D

*when you talk to the pilot on the Highwind on the far left of the screen*

Pilot: Whenever people talk to me, I get nervous and mess things up."
*bleeping sound followed by loud explosion*
Cid: Hey you! What the hell do ya think you're doing?"

Cid's great. :D

Evelia
06-07-2003, 01:00 AM
EW, I never thought about it like that, and I'm a pervert. =(

I laugh really hard when Palmer gets hit by a truck, always. I also like it when Reno calls Cloud and co. a bunch of wingnuts. The Shinra are just so cool.

And... when Barret first sees Jenova in the tank when you invade the Shinra building, and he flips out, saying "Where's it's @#$&ing head?!"

I dunno why, but that makes me crack up.

Sorceress Fujin
06-08-2003, 04:45 AM
The guy in the 66th floor bathroom in the Shinra building (when you eavesdrop on the meeting)

"It gives me the feeling that I AM alive. The feeling of moving this world, just with my hands." :laugh: